• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Info on Chicago Train Repairs for Conference Travel?

Exit at Van Buren, walk 1 block west to Michigan, then 3 blocks south to the Hilton.Yes, there is an elevator.
Humble Beginnings
Hi Everyone,

I'm not attending the conference but do live in Chicago. I saw this is the paper today and thought I should pass it along for all of you coming for conference. Apparently the blue line is going through some repairs this month. I hope the link works.

Daily Herald | Blue Line service cut this month

Thanks Carol for this information. I almost always take the train and was planning on it again! A lot of time though I am at Midway. This year I'm at O'Hare.
I guess since they will have the shuttle bus it will be fine. Thanks again! I wonder if the trip planner on CTA will reflect this info?

Yep, someone posted this last week. It's not a big deal. You take a shuttle bus from O'Hare to Rosemont (which is the very next stop) and then take the train from there.

Could someone from the Chicago area tell me which of these stops would be closest to the Chicago Hilton?

http://www.nictd.com/service/stations.htm

ChefBeckyD said:
Could someone from the Chicago area tell me which of these stops would be closest to the Chicago Hilton?

http://www.nictd.com/service/stations.htm

Exit at Roosevelt, walk 1 block west to Michigan, then 3 blocks north to the Hilton.

Exit at Van Buren, walk 1 block west to Michigan, then 3 blocks south to the Hilton.

DebbieJ said:
Exit at Roosevelt, walk 1 block west to Michigan, then 3 blocks north to the Hilton.

Exit at Van Buren, walk 1 block west to Michigan, then 3 blocks south to the Hilton.

Thanks Deb!

Too late for Becky. . . but these are the directions I use.

CHICAGO HILTON & TOWERS
720 S. Michigan Ave.
(312) 922-4400

South Shore Line to VAN BUREN STREET station - Leaving train, go downstairs. Walk to end of pedestrian tunnel, then up to your left and continue ahead (south) 3 blocks along Michigan Avenue to hotel.
** This trip is wheelchair accessible.

could you help us out who are staying at the Sheraton? TIA

DebbieJ said:

That's what I thought. It seemed to be equal distances. No ramp at the Roosevelt stop, unless I just didn't see it last year. It was a lot of stairs to go down with rolling bags. At least I wasn't going up.

anyone know how to get to the Sheraton?

pclinskie said:
anyone know how to get to the Sheraton?

Keep in mind that these are directions for those taking the South Shore train -- not Amtrack.

SHERATON CHICAGO HOTEL & TOWERS
301 E. North Water St.
(312) 464-1000. Reservations: (800) 325-3535;
Hotels - Sheraton Hotels & Resorts | Hotel Reservations at Sheraton.com

Via bus service available every day from 8:40 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. (until midnight in summer, late June to early September): South Shore Line to MILLENNIUM station - From top of stairs leaving station, walk across both streets to bus waiting shelter by 151 N. Michigan Building. Take 124 NAVY PIER bus. Ride to NORTH WATER Street, about 5 minutes. Hotel lobby is around the corner on North Water Street.

** Return: Get off bus at LAKE AND RANDOLPH. Walk ahead to corner, then across Randolph Street to South Shore Line station.
** This trip is wheelchair accessible.

**** Or: South Shore Line to MILLENNIUM station - From cab stand at top of stairs leaving station, take a taxi. Distance is under 1 mile.

JAE said:
That's what I thought. It seemed to be equal distances. No ramp at the Roosevelt stop, unless I just didn't see it last year. It was a lot of stairs to go down with rolling bags. At least I wasn't going up.

We like Van Buren because there is an elevator.

Bumping. . . just in case someone else needs this information.

Related to Need Info on Chicago Train Repairs for Conference Travel?

1. What is the best way to purchase train tickets in Chicago?

The best way to purchase train tickets in Chicago is to use the Ventra app, which allows you to purchase and store tickets on your phone. You can also purchase tickets at any Ventra vending machine at train stations, or at certain retail locations such as Walgreens.

2. Is there a schedule for Chicago trains?

Yes, there is a schedule for Chicago trains, which can be found on the Metra website or on the Ventra app. Trains typically run on a set schedule and may have different schedules for weekdays, weekends, and holidays.

3. Are there different types of trains in Chicago?

Yes, there are different types of trains in Chicago. The main types are Metra trains, which primarily serve the suburbs, and CTA trains, which primarily serve the city. There are also different lines within each type of train, such as the Red Line or the Union Pacific West Line.

4. Can I bring food and drinks on Chicago trains?

Yes, you can bring food and drinks on Chicago trains. However, it is important to be considerate of others and keep your area clean. Also, be aware that there is no eating or drinking allowed on CTA trains during peak hours.

5. How do I transfer between different train lines in Chicago?

To transfer between different train lines in Chicago, you can use your Ventra card or ticket. Simply tap your card or ticket at the designated transfer point and then board the next train. You may also need to pay an additional fare for the transfer, depending on your route and type of ticket.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • PCLaurel