• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aMessage for Anyone Planning on Taking the Train!

In summary, the Blue Line between O'Hare International Airport and downtown Chicago will be affected by track improvements from July 8-28. To compensate, CTA is providing bus shuttle service between the airport and Rosemont station. This may cause delays and extra time should be allowed for travel. For more information, please visit the CTA Web site.
Becky0216
This will be my first time to Chicago so I am not sure if this is even the train service any of you will be using. But I thought I would give everyone a heads up.

Dear Rebecca,

Here at the OrbitzTLC Center, we're always keeping an eye on news that may affect your travel plans.

We wanted to let you know that track improvements on the Chicago Transit Authority's Blue Line will affect train service between O'Hare International Airport and downtown Chicago during July.

The CTA says bus shuttle service will replace rail service between the airport and Rosemont station from July 8 to July 28. Buses will arrive and depart at the Bus/Shuttle Center, located directly above the O'Hare CTA station.

We encourage you to allow extra time getting to and from the airport.

For more information, please visit the CTA Web site.

Lovely. I wonder how much "extra time" we need to allow for.

Ah, yes... Chicago is just like WI - two seasons: Winter and construction.

And for those driving from the East: AAA has an alert that the area around Gary IN (which you pretty much have to go through to get to Chicago) is under major construction and has major detours. Wonderful.

Wow, I think the blue line is the train I took from the airport to downtown last year. Thanks for the heads-up, I guess I'll be hunting a bus. I'm flying in on the morning of the first day of conference, getting in around 10:50 am. Now I guess I'm going to be late for the opening session! Man, what a bummer!!!

I hope these busses will be easy to find for my trip back to O'Hare on Sat afternoon!

The bus will take you from O"Hare to the TRAIN in Rosemont and then you take the train the rest of the way in. Then on the way back you take the Blue line train OUT of the city to Rosemont, where again you will be transferred to a bus to the airport.

Thanks. I should have read the first post all the way thru before I panicked. How long of a bus ride is Rosemont from the airport?

Rosemont is the town due east of the to the airport and is the very first train stop after leaving the airport. In other words, very close.

Last edited:
Any idea how far the airport is from the hotels? I think I will just taxi it.

PCJenni said:

Depends on which airport to which hotel.
If you're going to take a cab try and find some other PC people to split it with.

I have been to NC twice and have taken the train and the shuttle and I say Shuttle all the way! Least hassle and fastest transportation. I know it costs a bit more but for me the whole trip is special so I am going to make it the most pleasant I possibly can.

ETA: Sharing a cab is good too.

If someone from wave one takes the bus/train option from O'Hare, could you post how difficult or easy it was? I know I would really appreciate it.

Guy

PCJenni said:

Depending on time of day and traffic, a taxi could be very very expensive.

Becky0216 said:
For more information, please visit the CTA Web site.

I just checked the CTA website and found nothing about this...I guess I'm going to attempt the bus/train anyway, since it's only one stop to catch the train.

Especially if traveling alone I highly reccomend making your way to ground transportation and hooking up with other PC'ers. There will be lots and someone is always looking to split a ride.

1. How do I purchase train tickets?

To purchase train tickets, you can either purchase them online through the train company's website or at the train station ticket counter. Some train companies also offer a mobile app for ticket purchasing.

2. Can I bring food and drinks on the train?

Yes, you are allowed to bring food and drinks on the train. However, alcoholic beverages are not allowed.

3. Are there luggage restrictions on the train?

Each train company has their own luggage restrictions, so it's best to check with the specific company before your trip. Generally, you are allowed to bring one carry-on bag and two checked bags per person.

4. Is there WiFi on the train?

Some train companies offer WiFi on their trains, but it is not guaranteed for every trip. It's best to check with the train company beforehand or bring your own mobile hotspot.

5. Are there assigned seats on the train?

Most trains have assigned seats, but there are also some trains that operate on a first-come, first-served basis. It's important to check your ticket or ask a train employee for your assigned seat number.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
EpTxGuy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefann