• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help to Get Back Into the Swing of Things

In summary, the author has let things fall apart recently due to a personal medical issue and returning to full time work in December. They have sales this month from online orders and individual orders that have sought them out, but they are limited in their ability to do parties due to their current schedule. They are considering making calls during their lunch break to follow up on leads, and are also considering hosting coaching.
dwyerkim
Hi--after a very strong (for me anyway) Sept, Oct, and early Nov., I have kind of let things fall apart lately. I had a personal medical issue come up in November and basically did what I had scheduled that month and then let everything else go (follow up, future bookings, etc) afterward while I recovered. I also returned to full time work in December--temporary position through the end of March. I have NOTHING scheduled going forward, and my last show was Nov. 13. I actually, incredibly, have some sales this month from online orders and individual orders that have sought me out. I know with working full time, my ability to do parties is going to be limited to a couple a month, probably on the weekends.

Suggestions on how to get back into this? I am a little leary of calling people right now with it being so close to the holidays. And my energy level is pretty low to make calls in the evening after a day of work, the drive especially since we've had snow on the ground, and getting kiddos to bed. I've been doing this for about a year so I do have a decent customer base built up, and I did a vendor fair in late Oct and collected a lot of names that I never followed up with given my issues in November. I know I need to JUST DO IT but I don't want to over commit myself, and I KNOW I will get pissy if I have shows with a low turn out given how valuable my time is to me and my family right now.

thanks for any input, support, ideas, etc!

Can you prepare a few numbers at night to call during breaks at work the next day? Follow up with those that were interested from the shows that you didn't follow up on first. It is kind of close to Christmas but if you can at least get them dated for January you can tell them that the planning can wait until after the holidays. Or better yet, tell them you will send the invites, so all they have to do is get you the addresses and then let you do the rest!

As far as ensuring that you have good turn out, Host Coaching!! That is really the only way to make sure that both you and the host get what you want from the shows.

I would suggest making your calls on Sunday evenings (after 6pm). Most people are home and you aren't worn out from a long day at work. I would pick 2 Saturdays that you want to work each month and double them up. Have a brunch show and an evening show. That way you knock them all out at one time. Of course, I would make sure that you do the same recipe at both shows.

It is definetely all about picking up that phone! I agree about jotting some numbers down to have ready for the evening. OR if there are leads that listed a daytime phone number, maybe you can take 10 minutes during your lunch break to make those calls. I would make a few over the next couple of days, and let them know that you are booking for January, and be excited about the Host Special.

I am sorry to hear about the challenges you have faced in the past few months, but I am glad to hear that you are on the mend and back to work. It can be tough to get back into the groove after a break, but with a little bit of effort, you can definitely get your business back on track.First of all, it's great that you have sales coming in from online and individual orders. That shows that your customers are still interested in your products and that you have a strong customer base. As for getting back into parties, I completely understand your hesitation with the holidays coming up. However, there are still ways to reach out to potential hosts without feeling like you are intruding on their busy schedules.One suggestion would be to send out a holiday-themed email or social media post to your customer base, letting them know that you are still available for parties and that you have some great holiday specials going on. This way, you are not directly reaching out to them, but you are still putting the idea out there.Another idea would be to offer a special discount or incentive for anyone who books a party with you during the holiday season. This could entice some of your past customers to host a party, and also attract some new hosts.As for your energy level and time constraints, I completely understand. It's important to prioritize your time and not overcommit yourself. One way to do this is to limit the number of parties you take on each month. You can also offer virtual parties or catalog parties as an alternative to in-home parties, which may be easier for you to manage with your full-time job.Lastly, don't be too hard on yourself if a party has a low turnout. It happens to all of us, and it's important to remember that your time and energy are valuable. Focus on the parties that do have a good turnout and make the most of them.I hope these suggestions help and that you are able to get back into the swing of things with your business. Remember to take care of yourself and not put too much pressure on yourself. Your business will thrive with a little bit of effort and determination. Best of luck!

1. How can I get back into a routine after a long break?

The best way to get back into a routine is to start small and gradually increase your workload. Make a list of tasks you need to do and prioritize them. Set realistic goals and stick to them. Also, try to establish a consistent schedule and stick to it.

2. What products can help me stay organized and on track?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products to help with organization and time management. Our meal planning products, such as the Meal Prep Set and Meal Planner, can help you plan and prepare meals in advance. Our Kitchen Timer and Quick Cooker can also help you stay on track with cooking and meal prep.

3. How can I motivate myself to get back into a routine?

One way to stay motivated is to remind yourself of the benefits of having a routine, such as increased productivity and less stress. You can also try setting small rewards for yourself after completing certain tasks or goals. Additionally, surrounding yourself with positive and motivated individuals can also help keep you motivated.

4. What are some tips for staying consistent with a routine?

Consistency is key when trying to establish a routine. Some tips include setting specific and achievable goals, tracking your progress, and making adjustments as needed. It can also be helpful to have an accountability partner or joining a support group to help you stay on track.

5. How can I avoid burnout while getting back into a routine?

To avoid burnout, make sure to schedule breaks and rest periods throughout your day. It's also important to prioritize tasks and not take on too much at once. Don't be afraid to delegate tasks or ask for help if needed. Taking care of your physical and mental well-being is key for avoiding burnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• makeawhisk
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • apamperedone
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Hunter Mom