• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help Quick--Micro Cooker Cake?

but now I have a huge mess to clean up! I just dumped the batter on top of the frosting and microwaved it for about 50 seconds. It turned out great!
dwyerkim
Ok, I feel like quite the dork :eek: but I scorched rice in my almost brand new rice cooker and melted the bottom of it. In my defense I always have a hard time cooking rice at high altitude (in Colorado) and this was brown rice... the first time I made it in the cooker it was undercooked so I increased the cooking time and well you already know how it turned out! Anyway, a new one is on it's way to me, in the meantime, I told my host for tomorrow that I would do the choc.lava cake in it as a bonus recipe. Oops. I do have the large microcooker, will it work in that? I also have the fluted stone so I'm sure I can do something... would like it to be fairly simple so I don't have to do a grocery run though. Thanks in advance for help!

dwyerkim said:
Ok, I feel like quite the dork :eek: but I scorched rice in my almost brand new rice cooker and melted the bottom of it. In my defense I always have a hard time cooking rice at high altitude (in Colorado) and this was brown rice... the first time I made it in the cooker it was undercooked so I increased the cooking time and well you already know how it turned out! Anyway, a new one is on it's way to me, in the meantime, I told my host for tomorrow that I would do the choc.lava cake in it as a bonus recipe. Oops. I do have the large microcooker, will it work in that? I also have the fluted stone so I'm sure I can do something... would like it to be fairly simple so I don't have to do a grocery run though. Thanks in advance for help!

I would do the microwave cake in the fluted pan. Do a search on here for the recipes. My favorite is the german chocolate. You dump in the icing then the cake mix, microwave and flip over. It's great.

I wouldn't do a cake in the micro cooker but I would do one in the rice cooker which yours is currently out of commission. It's called the Volcano Cake and you make the cake mix in the rice cooker, use your large scoop and plop down 4-5 scoops of frosting. (My fave is chocolate cake and coconut pecan frosting). It's so good! It's one of those cakes that you gather all your friends around the table, everyone grab a spoon and eat!!!

PampMomof3 said:
I wouldn't do a cake in the micro cooker but I would do one in the rice cooker which yours is currently out of commission. It's called the Volcano Cake and you make the cake mix in the rice cooker, use your large scoop and plop down 4-5 scoops of frosting. (My fave is chocolate cake and coconut pecan frosting). It's so good! It's one of those cakes that you gather all your friends around the table, everyone grab a spoon and eat!!!

Yes, that's basically what I was going to make. I'll have to do one in the stone instead.

dwyerkim said:
Yes, that's basically what I was going to make. I'll have to do one in the stone instead.

You can definitley do it in the fluted pan! Try it at home first!!! (I just never have luck in that darn thing! I won't do another cake in it,especially at a show):(

PampMomof3 said:
You can definitley do it in the fluted pan! Try it at home first!!! (I just never have luck in that darn thing! I won't do another cake in it,especially at a show):(

yes, that is what scares me.... I would hate to make it and have it stick in there. If I make it now to try it out, I will have to make a grocery store run for sure. :( I just have one box of cake mix and one thing of frosting. Plus I don't want to eat the whole darn cake myself! :eek:

Okay, good point! Do you know for sure her microwave is big enough?

PampMomof3 said:
Okay, good point! Do you know for sure her microwave is big enough?
She is having the show in the party room of a high rise building, so I am guessing it is a decent catering kitchen. But that is a good question. Ok, I just mixed up the batter and I'm giong to try it in my own microwave (same microwave that ate my rice cooker!:mad: ). Do you just dump scoops of the choc. frosting on top of the batter once it is in the pan?

Oh boy, just made it in the fluted stone in the microwave. Tastes good but it came out in pieces and looks awful. I think I'll be calling my host and telling her we'll just stick to the trifle!

dwyerkim,
The frosting goes in first. Half a tub-works best-slather it around the bottom. Then pour the batter on top. If your fluted pan is not seasoned use cooking spray before anything goes in the pan, but not the spray with flour. It breaks apart because part of it sticks more to the sides then the rest. I do this cake all the time and after 2-3 times--it gets seasoned and you don't even need to spray it first. Also let it sit for only 2 minutes in the microwave. Too long and the frosting starts to solidify.

I made one the other day and the put the cake in first then plopped the frosting ontop and it came out fine????????????

MGG said:
dwyerkim,
The frosting goes in first. Half a tub-works best-slather it around the bottom. Then pour the batter on top. If your fluted pan is not seasoned use cooking spray before anything goes in the pan, but not the spray with flour. It breaks apart because part of it sticks more to the sides then the rest. I do this cake all the time and after 2-3 times--it gets seasoned and you don't even need to spray it first. Also let it sit for only 2 minutes in the microwave. Too long and the frosting starts to solidify.

Thanks for the tips. I will have to keep trying it... problem is I need to stop eating so many sweets so this will have to wait until we have company over or something! I would like to try the german choc. version.

1. How long does it take to make a cake in the Micro Cooker?

It typically takes about 5-7 minutes to make a cake in the Micro Cooker. However, the exact time may vary depending on the specific recipe and microwave wattage.

2. Can I use any cake mix in the Micro Cooker?

Yes, you can use any cake mix in the Micro Cooker as long as it fits comfortably in the container. Keep in mind that denser cake mixes, such as pound cake, may take longer to cook.

3. Can I make a gluten-free or vegan cake in the Micro Cooker?

Yes, you can make a gluten-free or vegan cake in the Micro Cooker. Just make sure to use ingredients that are specifically labeled as such and follow the instructions for the cake mix accordingly.

4. Do I need to grease the Micro Cooker before baking a cake?

No, you do not need to grease the Micro Cooker before baking a cake. The non-stick surface of the Micro Cooker will prevent the cake from sticking.

5. Can I make other desserts besides cake in the Micro Cooker?

Yes, you can make a variety of desserts in the Micro Cooker, such as brownies, puddings, and even cheesecake. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and follow the instructions for the specific recipe you are using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • magentablue
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • chefsteph07