• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help-Mystery Host or Open House?

one person won the really nice cookware set that I had purchased and the other person won a pottery piece (that I also had purchased) - so it was a nice little windfall for them. Plus - people are so enthusiastic about the show - it's been really fun to watch.
salthechef
I have a couple of orders that need to be sent in, and need some bookings for January and February. I was thinking of doing a show. However, I am a little unclear on how a mystery host or open house show works. Could anyone explain that and maybe give me some input as to which would be the more likely to do well and get some bookings. I appreciate any help from anyone!

If you have pending orders to be sent in, unless they're over $300, there aren't any host benefits to give away this month, except the free product value. With $300, you at least have a half-price item, and then it sweetens from there on up. If you're at less than $300, and if you have another pending party, you could book a party off that and at least have a 60% off stoneware deal to give as an incentive. Without knowing what you have to work with, it's hard to give you specific ideas. You also don't want to drag it out too long if people have already given you orders. You may want to act fast so your customers aren't waiting too long.

If you have an email list, send an email about the 20% off stoneware special. Maybe sweeten the deal by giving an extra % off (it will cut into your commission, but you'll be getting sales and earning double points). Maybe a percent for the date the order is submitted, although that gives them a reason to procrastinate, but maybe give a 3-day window. (Example: "If you give me an order on January 15, receive an extra 15% off your order." If you're really wanting bookings, maybe make that a qualifier--"submit an order on January 15 AND book a party, and receive an additional 15% off your order." Just some thoughts and suggestions.

As for bookings in February, just mention the special and be sure to stress there are no restrictions on the 2 items at 60% off--it could be cookware, stoneware, anything they need. That in and of itself would entice PC fans to book.

Good luck! HTH at least a little bit.

Tammy

this is what I did....In December: I did a Mystery Host and a Mini Cooking Show for the Ladies. I did a Host Ticket Promotion and gave away the December Host Special, Past Host Special (PP will allow you to enter ONE PHD - whether it is a TRUE Past Host to that Show or not), and a few other products I gathered through out the year. It went over well.

In January (to earn the tablecloth), I hosted a Stoneware 101 Class. I drew for Host (even though Sales were just over $300 - in Canada we need a $500 Show to get the extra free product) and she was super excited to even get that little bit for free, PLUS I drew for Past Host, and other Stoneware related items. For the Host, I just REALLY talked how she is getting the rest of her Stoneware at a discount (an additional 20% off the 20% off Guest Special Stoneware price). Both went over great! The Host doesn't have to do ANY work!!!!

I, personally, REALLY liked the Open House - I sold more stuff. .........

I would just submit the Show - but it depends if you are able/willing to get more orders!..............

I don't have much stuff, it is more to try to get bookings and some sales. But, how do the open house shows work, and how do the mystery host shows work? I'm hoping if people come for fun and some benefits, I will get some good sales and maybe some bookings. I'm just not sure which one is best.

I've never personally done an open house myself - but have done mystery host shows (3rd one coming up at the end of the month) - my mystery host shows go over great - I invite around 45 people - the first year I had around$750 in sales (with 11 people there and 8 outside orders) - last year it was about $950 in comm. sales - (15 people were there and 6 outside orders) - from just those two shows - I think I had around 13 bookings (they weren't set in stone right away but they did do them through out the year following the show). This year I already have 11 people coming with two more weeks until my show. I give everyone a Season's Best for coming (if you don't have on hand - just add to their order) and then I purchased some lower priced items for raffle prizes and raffled those out throughout the show. Then I pulled 2 names after my show and called the winners who were all very excited. They had the option to take 1/2 price items and the host special as well - I figured having it in January ups the amount they'll get for free and since there's no host special - they can just split the half price items if they want them. I've had great response from these shows - I do the show in my own house which is great - they tend to last about 2 - 2 1/2 hours - and now people are asking me when's my next mystery host show? I'm going to continue to do them once a year (double points time) to get the most from them. Good luck!

Can anyone explain how an open house works? Also, what do you put on the invites for either show?

How an "Open House" works:

Open house is exactly that, you open your house for a set amount of time say 11 am to 6 pm, and people come by your home anytime during that time. They come and go as they please. You don't do a cooking demo but pre-make food for them to sample. You want to prepare foods that you would offer to make at a show. So if you are only doing the Bites & bev's show theme, you would want to pre-make all 3 brie's and both drinks, and then like a veggie plate and cookies (use the stoneware) and bottled water or coffee...

Then people just come to your home, see a catalog, sample the food and place an order, or book a show or both. You want them to bring friends, so they too can place an order or book a show or even sign up. If your home is a mess, you can only open up your kitchen and dinning area, and then close off the remaining part of the house.

You want them to feel at ease and if you want to do door prizes you can, like do a drawing for each hour and give out season's best's, retired products, or even twix it clips.

Also my director does Pre-season Previews = Open houses for the upcoming season, and after a few seasons you will have regulars who come and attend and see the new season preview of products and recipes and then book their show.

You want to invite everyone, neighbors, co-workers, past clients, hosts etc. The peole who have attended my open houses are usually clients who have no interest in booking a show, so they come to my house to see me, the food, and then place an order. and then I keep in touch with them, and invite them to the next season preview open house. I'm fine with that.

HTH

Allison

Anyone have an opinion on which show would be more exciting for guests to want to come to, what would entice them more?

Since I've only done mystery host shows - I'd have to vote for that one! And my guests tell me they look forward to coming to the next one - the idea that they can win a bunch of free products is a big draw. And I don't mind giving up the host rewards to others - I'm still making a good commission of the show. I make it into a regular demo show as well - so they get to eat and learn a new recipe. I've heard mixed reviews on open houses - as far as getting people to commit to come to them. But obviously go with what you're most comfortable as well - good luck deciding!

Thanks! To me the mystery host seems more appealing, that is a lot of free stuff for someone to get just for coming! Do you put a condition on who qualifies for winning mystery host, like making an order, or just anyone there? Do you give all of the freebies to one person or do you split it up?

And how do you explain that on the invites so they know the posibilities of what they could win?

I love doing my mystery host - I do one 2x a year - March and Sept and every time (4 times so far) its been at least $1000 show - what I do is use my regular postcard invitations - I use my label software program to create 2 labels - 1 with all the invitation information ( the back stuff) and the other is the size of a large mailing label (business card size) that goes on the front of the postcard - diagonal across - in bold colors - and its states MYSTERY HOST and what I offer out - (BASICALLY ALL THE HOST SPECIALS) PM for more information - I also offer up a Blue ticket giveaway table - I offer up inventory I have earned and don't need (brand new of course) on a table that runs like a chinese auction - I will email anyone information on how I run that also - it usually runs around a consultant promo - so like in September 07 when I did my MH - if they bought a piece of cookware they earned 3 blue tickets as well as 5 yellow tickets (yellow were for the mystery host prizes) EVERYONE loves my mystery host show and every time it gets bigger and bigger -

I am doing my first Mystery Host Party on the 20th for the dbl. pts. If you look in the files (type in Mystery host) there are invites and all sorts of things that helped me get a better idea of how these parties work!
I already have 10 confirmed guests! :love:

salthechef said:
Thanks! To me the mystery host seems more appealing, that is a lot of free stuff for someone to get just for coming! Do you put a condition on who qualifies for winning mystery host, like making an order, or just anyone there? Do you give all of the freebies to one person or do you split it up?

The way I do it - everyone who comes and orders gets their name put in the drawing. I don't give tickets based on anything else and I wait until everyone leaves to draw my winners. Then I split it into two winners (as co-hosts) who split the $ down the middle and the 1/2 price items - if there's a odd number of half price items - I'll just pick out of the two and if they don't want them - give the option to the other. The free products are in addition to whatever they already bought - I want that to be included in the guest sales. That way - 2 people win - each get the 10% off for the year and then they are excited for the next mystery host show I have the following year. My show is in 2 weeks - I already have 12 definite yeses and many more to follow up with.

[ That way - 2 people win - each get the 10% off for the year and then they are excited for the next mystery host show I have the following year. My show is in 2 weeks - I already have 12 definite yeses and many more to follow up with.[/QUOTE]
How do you get both of them the 10% off for a year? Is that only if they order from you? I was trying to figure out what to do with that. Do you put them in as co-hosts?

Lisa,

I put them in as co-hosts for the show - that way they each have their orders under their name as well for warranty purposes and they get the 10% past host discount for the following year.

I tried searching here and the pc website, and I can't find any ideas or anything for what to put on the invites. Any suggestions?

This is the text I used for my Open House invitation email...my Open House was Jan. 6th:

Subject Line - New Year, New Kitchen, New YOU with The Pampered Chef!

Happy New Year!

Stop by my home on Sunday, January 6th anytime between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. for a hands-on Open House!
(my address was here)

Try out a few products, pick up a few recipes, and enter your name into a drawing for one of several door prizes, including a Trifle Bowl (retail value $39!).

Door prize tickets can be earned in several ways:
~3 tickets for attending the Open House
~2 tickets for bringing a friend
~2 tickets for being that friend
~5 tickets for scheduling a home or catalog party in the next three months (commitment requested)
~1 ticket for every $10 of product ordered (excluding tax/shipping...order and payment must be received by 8 p.m. January 6th)

JANUARY SPECIALS!
~20% off all New Traditions and Classics Stoneware
~Exclusive heart dish for only $10 with any order

Can't attend? Check out my web site, send me an e-mail or give me a call if I can help you with anything.

I wish you and your family health and happiness in 2008!

Sincerely,
(my name and all contact info, including web site)

does anyone have a mystery host invite or a "going going gone" invite that would work for early February?

I would love to add one more show in for the double points - I work at a bar/restaurant where there is a private room upstairs that people can use for parties - for free! I was going to host a party up there with a mystery host theme, come get the going products while they last, come see what's going to be new type theme.

Does anyone do these and/or have a flyer? I have not one creative bone in my entire body!!!

bumping up in case someone brilliant is looking today:D

1. How does the Mystery Host or Open House work?

The Mystery Host or Open House is a fun and interactive way for you and your guests to experience Pampered Chef products. As the host, you will invite friends and family to your home or virtual party. During the party, your guests will have the opportunity to shop and place orders. The host will also have the chance to earn free and discounted products based on the party's total sales.

2. What is a Mystery Host?

A Mystery Host is a host who has a party with at least $200 in sales. At the end of the party, one guest will be randomly selected as the Mystery Host and will receive the host rewards from the party. This is a great way for guests to have a chance at earning free products without having to host a party themselves.

3. How do I qualify for the host rewards?

To qualify for the host rewards, you must have a party with at least $200 in sales. You can achieve this by hosting a party at your home or virtually, or by combining orders with friends and family. The more sales your party has, the more rewards you can earn!

4. What are the benefits of hosting a Mystery Host or Open House?

Hosting a Mystery Host or Open House party has many benefits. Not only do you get to earn free and discounted products, but you also get to have a fun and interactive party with your friends and family. You also have the opportunity to try out new products and recipes, and learn tips and tricks for using Pampered Chef products.

5. Can I host a Mystery Host or Open House more than once?

Yes, you can host a Mystery Host or Open House as many times as you'd like! In fact, many of our hosts love hosting multiple parties because they get to earn more rewards and share the Pampered Chef experience with different groups of people. Just make sure to give yourself enough time in between parties to collect orders and plan your next party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • gtrchic05