• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help!!! Cookware Question!

In summary, the best type of cookware for everyday use is stainless steel or non-stick. Non-stick cookware is great for delicate foods and requires less oil or butter, while stainless steel is durable and versatile. Ceramic cookware is considered safer, but it is not recommended to use metal utensils on non-stick cookware or put it in the dishwasher. To care for stainless steel cookware, it is best to hand wash with warm soapy water and avoid abrasive cleaners.
nickywsn
Can anyone tell me why we can't put the cookware in the dishwasher? :confused: Does it just discolor it or does it actually harm it? I have someone very interested in buying a set and I need to know ASAP please! (I can't get in touch with my director)

Thanks in advance!
Nicky

Well, I don't know about the Executive, but I put a piece of the professional in the dishwasher when I first got it and now the outside of it looks horrible! The outside is very discolored and is very rough now.

It breaks down the non-stick surface

The harsh detergents, high water pressure, and high heat breaks down the nonstick coating and is hard on your pans.

If you're paying good money, why risk it???

Plus, the clean up is SOOOOO easy, you don't need to dishwash them anyway! Seriously! When I make scrambled eggs in my 8" saute pan, I just put it under warm water and swish my hand around in there and it's clean!

The cookware is Hand-wash only! The lids are dishwasher-safe.

What is the best type of cookware for everyday use?

The best type of cookware for everyday use is typically stainless steel or non-stick. Stainless steel is durable, easy to clean, and can be used on all types of stovetops. Non-stick cookware is great for cooking delicate foods and requires less oil or butter for healthier cooking.

What is the difference between non-stick and ceramic cookware?

Non-stick cookware has a coating of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) which prevents food from sticking to the surface. Ceramic cookware is made from a clay-based material and is coated with a non-stick ceramic glaze. Ceramic cookware is generally considered safer as it does not contain PTFE or PFOA, chemicals that can be harmful when heated.

Can I use metal utensils on non-stick cookware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on non-stick cookware as they can scratch and damage the non-stick coating. It is best to use silicone, nylon, or wooden utensils to protect the surface of the cookware.

Is it safe to put non-stick cookware in the dishwasher?

It is generally safe to put non-stick cookware in the dishwasher, but it is recommended to check the manufacturer's instructions first. Some non-stick coatings may not hold up well in the high heat and harsh detergents of a dishwasher, which can cause the coating to deteriorate over time.

What is the best way to care for stainless steel cookware?

To keep your stainless steel cookware in top condition, it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can scratch and damage the surface. You can also use a stainless steel cleaner to remove any stubborn stains or discoloration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • heather223
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • mamavazquez