1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Kind of Goofy Cookware question

1. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

Before joining Weight Watchers, and before purchasing the 4 and 6 piece cookware sets, I very rarely ever made steamed vegetables. Now I make them 2 or 3 times a week!! Ok. Here is the question. Is it my imagination, or is our steamer set extremely fast? It's been a long time since I used the other steamer I used to have, but I thought for sure it took awhile. Now my veggies are done in about 10 minutes from the time I put them in the steamer and turn it on. I have a Weight Watcher's show that I am doing in March and I thought I could make steamed veggies and maybe sell some cookware. I may even try it at my February shows too. I just wanted to check with you all about this before making a fool of myself at a show. I don't really know a lot about the cookware.

Jan 19, 2006
  2. Sooner PC

Sooner PC Member

I use the micro steamer for veggies. They come out tender and perfect everytime. Carrots take longer than others, so I do them in a separate steamer.

Boomer Sooner
    Shannon Overstreet

Jan 20, 2006
  3. amya

amya Member

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that the veggies steamed quicker because our cookware conducts heat so well. I know when I set a pot of water to boil, it always boils quicker in my Professional cookware than in my old set of non-PC cookware I got as a wedding present. What a great idea to show off our cookware at a Weight Watchers show!! Good luck!

Jan 20, 2006
  4. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

That probably is the reason it gets done so fast. I did the "ice cube test" that someone else had posted. I put 4 ice cubes in our cookware and 4 in a piece of regular stainless steel cookware. The ice started melting right away in both, but much faster in ours. My husband thought I was just being silly, but then he realized I wasn't when he felt how cold ours was. The other piece only got cold on the bottom.

Jan 20, 2006
  5. Good ideal!!

I happen to be a WeightWatcher leader and some of my members really love PC items. I can't talk about it at my meetings but if they ask outside of class I tell them.

Tara

Jan 26, 2006
Have something to add?