• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ceramic Cookware - Sell Me on Why

not just the high-end customer.The ceramic cookware is cheaper and lighter than other types of cookware, which is great for first time cooks, people who don't cook much, or people who have a limited budget. It's also similar to non-stick, which is an appealing feature for some people. Ceramic is easy to clean, which is a bonus. However, there are some drawbacks. First of all, the cookware is only available as an open stock, so it's not always easy to find what you're looking for. Second, the lifetime guarantee is not as good as the guarantees offered by our other lines. Finally, the cookware doesn't have the same quality as our other lines, which may
Here is an ad about the Martha Stewart Ceramic Cookware being sold in Macy's. I may use some of the wording, except for the "lifetime warranty". I think PC is gunshy to offer lifetime anymore.Embrace a healthier approach to prepping your favorite dishes. Ceramic nonstick interiors and aluminum bodies promote low-fat to no-fat cooking with quick release surfaces that evenly heat food and clean up quick. The classic straight-sided shapes keep messes and spills inside the pan, and riveted stainless steel handles provide a secure, confident grip. Lifetime warranty.

gailz2 said:
HI think PC is gunshy to offer lifetime anymore.

And with good reason. I own the 11-piece Scanpan Lifetime Guarantee Titanium-Ceramic set. I have replaced them with the PC Executive line. Why? Because after 3 years of daily use, they bubble, flake and start to stick. (sticking occurs in the spots that no longer have the ceramic coating.) Yes, they do replace them, (I have sent them in THREE times since 2003 when they were purchased, roughly every 3 years) but I am tired of spending my money on shipping every three years to replace cookware that should last a lot longer than that. PC's ceramic cookware is less expensive than what I own, but with a 3-year warranty, it tells you that while the cookware is good, it won't last forever.

Please note that the ceramic cookware has a MAX temperature recommendation of MEDIUM heat! I'm a little puzzled by this... especially since there are pots and pans that would presumably be used to boil water or make soup, etc. I am excited about the look and easy-release features of the ceramic, as well as the fact that I have a lot of customers who fear non-stick (I'm in California, after all), but how can I recommend a cookware product that shouldn't be used to boil water???

ShorelineChef said:
how can I recommend a cookware product that shouldn't be used to boil water???

You can boil water on a medium heat, it just takes a little longer.

chefjeanine said:
You can boil water on a medium heat, it just takes a little longer.

It really doesn't take longer as the pan heats up faster.

In the PIG under technical/safety/cleaning tips, it says prolonged use at higher heat settings will void the guarantee. It then goes on to say high heat: boiling and reducing liquids only. Once you get your water to a boil you should reduce the heat. This applies to all cookware that I'm aware of. You only need high heat to boil water.

Just found this discussion. How do you respond to someone who says the pans are just to expensive. I explained that ours have a warranty and are good quality tools. Should I be saying something else? I LOVE all of my New Ceramic Cookware!!

My response is, "For the quality, they are a great bargain. However, I could never have afforded to buy them at full price. (Then again, I rarely pay full price for anything.) Most of my customers get their cookware for half-price when they host a party."

naekelsey said:
Just found this discussion. How do you respond to someone who says the pans are just to expensive. I explained that ours have a warranty and are good quality tools. Should I be saying something else? I LOVE all of my New Ceramic Cookware!!
Besides the obvious about hosting a show to get them free or during a 60% off month, one person explained it this way. I buy the 12" skillet and lid for $197 full price. (actually, I'd do a catalog show- buy the skillet, then get the lid at discount! but that's beside the point). $197. I have had my current skillet for almost 4 years now. That's $50 a year. It has a lifetime warranty. So assume I have that pan for 20 years! I will have paid $10 per year for my pan. You can't buy cheap crap from Target or Walmart for THAT! And you risk the flakes of Teflon, the scratches, the wobble warp, and all of the things we HATE about the cheap cookware."Cars are expensive, but don't you find it worth it to invest in something safe and practical for your family, versus just something that gets you from point A-to point B (maybe?) "My point is- breaking it down into the dollars per year, assuming a long prosperous life with that pan (if they take care of it), it is NOT expensive. (And if they get it half price as a host, it's even cheaper than the $10 per year!)It's an investment. It is not the cookware from Walmart. If they are looking at comparable products with similar warranty, they will pay similar prices. We at least have 32 years of Customer Service and a company that isn't going anywhere behind it also.

Thank you. She isn't hosting a party & just wanted to try one of the New Ceramic Cookware. This will probably not help with her but LOVE the break down option!!

My director said that one big selling point is for people who are trying to ear healthier, ex, people with high cholesterol, because you are supposed to be able to cook without butter or oils.

My director told us that the big sell on the ceramic is that you can cook virtually oil free in these pans. She cooked eggs without any oil or butter and they slid right out. Great for people who are watching fats and cholesterol!

I cooked my daughter an omelet this morning and it did not slide right out.....we had to work to get it to fold in half. I've done it with oil and without and both times I had issues with it. I have an electric stove and cooked it on about 4.

Proteins are tricky. If the pan is hot when you add the protein, you get a better result than if you put it in cold. Also, the Use & Care says to include butter or oil and NOT to use non-stick sprays. It says sticking food is caused by overheating the oil/fat or by using non-stick spray. A spritz from the oil spritzer is another option! (GREAT add-on sale!)And to reply to an earlier post, rather than say these are cheaper, or have a 3-year guarantee, I'd say these have "a lower price point" to make great cookware accessible to every conceivable cook. Here is what Le Creuset suggests, some common sense and most apply to our line...
Select low to medium heat for best results.
Select the size of your heat source so that it is as close as possible to the base size of your pan. This will prevent energy loss and overheating of the handle.
Gently pre-heat utensil on low setting for 2-3 minutes then add oil or liquid to the pan.
Use only wooden, plastic, or heat resistant nylon tools, to avoid scratching the enamel.
Use a potholder or oven glove to lift metal handled pans from the stovetop or oven.
Stand hot pans on a trivet, board or cloth, not directly on unprotected counter tops.
When using pans on ceramic or halogen stovetops, always lift them (do not slide) to move.
If a pan is banged against a hard surface or is dropped, it may chip or break.
Pans with metal or heat resistant plastic handles may be used in the oven. The maximum temperature that should be used is 450F.
Cool pans before washing in hot soapy water, rinse, and dry thoroughly.
Remove stubborn food residues with a plastic or sponge scourer onlydo not use metal scourers or abrasive cleaners of any kind.
Hand-dry pans thoroughly after washing. Do not leave to drain or put away while still damp.

Last edited:
is anyone having difficulty keeping these ceramic cookware pieces clean? I've used a baking soda scrub and I can't get the stains off. I'm so disappointed since I have only used the saute pan maybe 7 times. I've made scrambled eggs and grilled cheese sandwiches in there too. Nothing extravagant.

They don't mention in the catalog that you should only use them on low to medium heat...just on the use and care card. Since I know this, I do advise my potential customers of this. I am not interested in selling pots ans pans that you can't even boil water in. I tell my customers that I will sell it to them but it does not come with my recommendation! I'd rather be honest than have a sale. I'm in this business to help my customers pamper themselves, not create an attitude of "why did I buy this product?"...just had to put my two cents in.

Chef Gilles said:
They don't mention in the catalog that you should only use them on low to medium heat...just on the use and care card. Since I know this, I do advise my potential customers of this. I am not interested in selling pots ans pans that you can't even boil water in. I tell my customers that I will sell it to them but it does not come with my recommendation! I'd rather be honest than have a sale. I'm in this business to help my customers pamper themselves, not create an attitude of "why did I buy this product?"...just had to put my two cents in.
Have you tried to boil water in them? They are for low to medium because they heat up differently than other pans. That does not mean they wont boil water.By the way...I'm actually asking the question, not being snarky. I have not, yet. :)

Last edited:
Any lovers of the ceramic cookware?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayteTUrner
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • winklermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views