• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need dinner inspiration for May 28th? Try these tasty twists!

In summary, the content describes a conversation between two people. One person is having pizza tonight and the other person is making pancakes.
rennea
Gold Member
So it's the middle of the work week is everyone to tired to cook?

We are having pizza tonight I think:chef:

Still haven't gone shopping yet cupboards are looking very bare:grumpy:

Yeah our cabinets are pretty bare right now too! We have a buy one get one free coupon for a great italian restarant down the street- so I may be talking my hubby into going out tonight! We'll see how that goes :D

We are going to have a bbq'd steak with salad. Which reminds me, I need to get it marinating!

I have a Power Cooking Clinic here tonight, so DH and DS are on their own for dinner. If I know DH, (and I do!) they will either be going to grandma's house, or McDonalds!

Kind of ironic that I am teaching a Cooking Class, so they don't get a meal, isn't it?:rolleyes: :eek: :chef:

We're having chicken fajitas tonight!! Yummy!! We are having company tonight (my DH's company is based in Denver and one of the managers from Denver will be over). Whenever I have people over for dinner not from here, I feel like I need to make a big Tex-Mex spread...lol!!!

I would love a big Tex-Mex spread for dinner tonight!!

Kielbasa and smashed taters here tonight.

ChefBeckyD said:
I have a Power Cooking Clinic here tonight, so DH and DS are on their own for dinner. If I know DH, (and I do!) they will either be going to grandma's house, or McDonalds!

Kind of ironic that I am teaching a Cooking Class, so they don't get a meal, isn't it?:rolleyes: :eek: :chef:

That is kind of funny:D

We are having marinated pork chops, baked potatoes, and Salad.

Pork Tenderloin in the DCB, broccoli, mini red skin potatoes.

roasted tomato & red pepper soup with mini meatballs :) mmmmmm

I am making Pronto Pasta Bake from The Stoneware Sensations cookbook.
It is already put together, just need to pop it in the oven. We are having salad and bread too. Oh and "killer brownies" for dessert :)

Even though it is nice enough to grill outside, I have been lazy today and aside from some heavy laundry and light cleaning I haven't done much. We will be having that omlete roll that was posted a week or so ago... IF I can find the recipe, and some cheesy hashbrowns and maybe sausage or blueberry pancakes. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Even though it is nice enough to grill outside, I have been lazy today and aside from some heavy laundry and light cleaning I haven't done much. We will be having that omlete roll that was posted a week or so ago... IF I can find the recipe, and some cheesy hashbrowns and maybe sausage or blueberry pancakes. :)

mmmmmmm..pancakes, love pancakes, especially blueberry ones Can I come live with you too??:D :D :D
toddler DS loves pancakes, eats them every morning for breakfast.

Um, we were too busy planning a structured family time tonight so I didn't plan dinner.Basically, I've noticed over the last 2 weeks that as camp is firing up and getting busy and demanding all of DH's time that although we are together, we aren't together as a family. Together in the same house but just to eat, sleep and run. I've also noticed that when Dad is not around as much that even though Mom is, Mom still has to get things done and kids tend to not listen as quickly or accurately. So, I made DH sit down with me a plan some "structured" family time this week. So, that is tonight. We are taking the kids for a bike ride and taking the dogs along. (I demanded a family activity that was structured so the kids had to listen to Mom and Dad and see us interact and enforce the rules - this case it is simply where to ride your bike and when to cross the road, etc.). This will hopefully get the kids back to their well-behaved state and clean the ears out a bit without the alternative of Mom's patience wearing down and potentially yelling at them.We'll see how well Mom knows her kids and their psychology. ;) ...and if the plan works.So, I'm guessing we may make burgers and hot dogs on the grill afterwards...or toasted cheese sandwiches, or brinner (breakfast for dinner).

merego said:
mmmmmmm..pancakes, love pancakes, especially blueberry ones Can I come live with you too??:D :D :D
toddler DS loves pancakes, eats them every morning for breakfast.
I found the baby frozen blueberries at Trader Joes! I like those for baking and pancakes so much more than those huge blueberries they sell in the frozen food section... so I think they'll go great in pancakes! :)

I'd love to have you come stay, but we're fresh out of space, and towels, and toilet paper! :)

janetupnorth said:
Um, we were too busy planning a structured family time tonight so I didn't plan dinner.

Basically, I've noticed over the last 2 weeks that as camp is firing up and getting busy and demanding all of DH's time that although we are together, we aren't together as a family. Together in the same house but just to eat, sleep and run. I've also noticed that when Dad is not around as much that even though Mom is, Mom still has to get things done and kids tend to not listen as quickly or accurately. So, I made DH sit down with me a plan some "structured" family time this week. So, that is tonight. We are taking the kids for a bike ride and taking the dogs along. (I demanded a family activity that was structured so the kids had to listen to Mom and Dad and see us interact and enforce the rules - this case it is simply where to ride your bike and when to cross the road, etc.). This will hopefully get the kids back to their well-behaved state and clean the ears out a bit without the alternative of Mom's patience wearing down and potentially yelling at them.

We'll see how well Mom knows her kids and their psychology. ;) ...and if the plan works.

So, I'm guessing we may make burgers and hot dogs on the grill afterwards...or toasted cheese sandwiches, or brinner (breakfast for dinner).

We had to have one of those family times on Sunday. DH has been working on the house non-stop any time he is home, and only coming in when it's too dark to see....so here, but not really HERE. I see a definite change in DS's behavior and my ability to discipline lovingly & effectively when it's just me doing it all. Daddy has him tonight for some "daddy time" - and that is such a good thing!

ChefBeckyD said:
We had to have one of those family times on Sunday. DH has been working on the house non-stop any time he is home, and only coming in when it's too dark to see....so here, but not really HERE. I see a definite change in DS's behavior and my ability to discipline lovingly & effectively when it's just me doing it all. Daddy has him tonight for some "daddy time" - and that is such a good thing!

Glad to know I'm not the only one. ;) I think...

Basically the key is to recognize and correct it before it becomes constant behavior.

DH tried to have Daddy-time with one or the other by taking them to a meeting with him last night. Neither wanted to go and wanted to help me at home. Probably good because his meeting went 2 hours. :rolleyes:

We are having the Chicken Bistro Twist and steamed broccoli..... i am wanting to do something a little different with the Twist.... but am fresh out of ideas.............

monica.dixon said:
We are having the Chicken Bistro Twist and steamed broccoli..... i am wanting to do something a little different with the Twist.... but am fresh out of ideas.............

I'll have to look at that recipe again. Since you are making broccoli, how about the ham and broccoli ring, you could make it with chicken instead...

Well, we ended up going out for Thai food. yum... And since we both had leftovers, we actually ended up getting 2 dinners and 2 lunches for $19 (including tip). ;)

We had fried chicken legs, baked chicken breasts, with yummy milk gravy...the best I have ever made, and mashed potatoes and peas. It was all good! Everyone else's dinner sounded good too.
Deb

We had Jenny O Turkey sausage patties, strawberries, salad and toast with cinnamon and sugar.

I ended up adding cooked bacon and diced tomatoes to the chicken bistro twist... YUMMYYYY i always add extra mayo and chicken and it turns out less dry....

Related to Need dinner inspiration for May 28th? Try these tasty twists!

1. What is the featured recipe for May 28th?

The featured recipe for May 28th is our delicious One-Pan Chicken Fajitas. It's a quick and easy dinner option that the whole family will love!

2. Are there any vegetarian options for May 28th's dinner?

Yes, we have a tasty Vegetarian Lasagna recipe that would be perfect for May 28th's dinner. It's packed with veggies and flavor!

3. Can I make substitutions in the recipes for May 28th?

Absolutely! Our recipes are meant to be flexible and customizable. Feel free to make any substitutions based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions.

4. How long will it take to prepare and cook the featured recipe for May 28th?

The One-Pan Chicken Fajitas should take about 30 minutes to prepare and cook. It's a great option for a quick and easy weeknight meal.

5. Are there any side dish recommendations for the featured recipe on May 28th?

Yes, we suggest pairing the One-Pan Chicken Fajitas with our Mexican Rice and Black Beans for a complete and delicious meal. You can find the recipe for the side dish on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dkgriff
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies