• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need dinner ideas using Grands Biscuits and picky eater approved?

In summary, my brain is fried and I'm in need of some help! I'd like suggestions for recipes that my husband and 3-year-old son would enjoy. One option is chicken pot pie with biscuits on top. Another is mini pepperoni pizzas with veggies. The last option is garlic bites.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I cannot think if anything to make for supper tonight....

I have a can of Grands Biscuits I'd like to use up - what are you favorite recipes for something simple that would make DH and DS (3yrs old) happy?

My brain just isn't working well today - so any suggestions are welcome!

Chicken Pot Pie with the buiscuts on the top!!

Mini Pepperoni Pizza (can be veggie)

INGREDIENTS:

1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated biscuits (any variety)
1 cup pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
1/2 package (3.5-oz size) sliced pepperoni

DIRECTIONS:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Press each biscuit into 6-inch round. Place on 2 large or 3 small greased cookie sheets.
2. Top each biscuit with pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
3. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are deep golden brown and cheese is bubbly.

NUTRITION INFORMATION:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Serving: Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 3g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 1020mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g); Protein 13g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 25%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Medium-Fat Meat; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Veggie Lover's Pizzas:
Omit pepperoni. Cook chopped onions, sliced mushrooms and sliced red bell pepper in 1 tablespoon olive oil about 5 minutes or until limp. Top each biscuit with pizza sauce, cheese and veggie mixture.
Tropical Pizzas:
Omit pizza sauce and pepperoni; increase cheese to 2 cups. Top each biscuit with cheese, canned pineapple tidbits, diced green bell pepper and sliced Canadian-style bacon or ham.

Well, duh! Garlic Bites! ;)(Couldn't resist...)

Forget dinner and go straight for dessert. Make the Crisscross Apple Crowns.....YUMMO!

Crisscross Apple Crowns

4 small Granny Smith apples
1/2 c . walnuts, chopped
1/2 c. raisins
3 T. flour
1 T Cinnamon Plus
3/4 c. sugar, divided
1 pkg. (17.3 oz.) grand-size flaky or buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
1 pkg. (10.2 oz.) grand-size flaky or buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
1 T. butter or margarine, melted
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)
Caramel ice cream topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer; cut apple slices into wedges using Apple Wedger. Chop walnuts using Food Chopper. Place apples, walnuts, raisins, flour, 1 teaspoon of the Cinnamon Plus and 1/4 c. of the sugar in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. Microwave apple mixture on HIGH 3 minutes or until hot; mix well.

2. Separate 12 biscuits and place on Cutting Board. (Discard remaining biscuit or set aside for another use.) Using Dough and Pizza Roller, roll each biscuit into a 5-inch disk, flouring dough as needed. Combine remaining Cinnamon Plus and remaining sugar in Small Batter Bowl. Place 1/4 cup of the sugar mixture in Flour/Sugar Shaker, sprinkle evenly over biscuits. Using Medium Scoop, divide apple mixture evenly onto center of each biscuit.

3. Gather up edges over filling, pinching lightly to seal. Microwave butter in Small Micro-Cooker on HIGH 20 seconds or until melted. Holding filled biscuits at the sealed end, dip each biscuit into butter, then into remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture in Small Batter Bowl.

4. Place biscuits, seam side down, into Stoneware Muffin Pan. Do not press down into cup. Using Serrated Bread Knife, cut through top of each biscuit, making a crisscross pattern.

5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to Nonstick Cooling Rack. If desired, serve with a scoop of ice cream using Ice Cream Dipper and drizzle with ice cream topping.

Grilled Tuna Melt recipe1/2 can Grands Homestyle Biscuits
2 cans tuna or white albacore, drained
1/4 cup mayonnaise
4 green onions, chopped
Sliced Swiss cheeseBake biscuits according to can directions.While biscuits are baking, place tuna, mayonnaise and onion in medium size bowl; stir until well mixed.Remove biscuits from oven, let cool slightly.Turn oven to broil.Cut biscuits in half and place on baking sheet. Spread 1/4 tuna mixture on bottom half of biscuits. Top with desired amount of cheese on other half. Place under broiler and cook for 1-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve hot.Serve with pickles.____________________________________________
Grands! Biscuits a la King recipeBring back the old-fashioned pleasure of chicken-and-biscuit suppers, with a creamy sauce enlivened by vegetables.1 (16.3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands! Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup sliced celery
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon chicken-flavor instant bouillon
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1/2 cup Green Giant Frozen Sweet Peas, thawed
1 (4 ounce) can Green Giant Mushroom Pieces and Stems, drained
1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drainedHeat oven to 375 degrees F.Bake biscuits as directed on can.Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and celery; cook and stir 1 minute. Add flour, bouillon and thyme; cook and stir until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk, cooking until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken, peas, mushrooms and pimientos. Cook until thoroughly heated.To serve, split warm biscuits; place bottom half of biscuit on each plate. Spoon hot chicken mixture over each. Top with remaining biscuit halves.Tips: Four baked biscuits are needed for this recipe. Freeze remaining 4 baked biscuits in plastic freezer bag for a later use.
1 (10.2 ounce) can large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 (16 ounce) jar (1 3/4 cups) thick 'n chunky salsa
12 ounces (3 cups) shredded Monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
1 cup thick 'n chunky salsa, if desiredHeat oven to 375 degrees F.Melt margarine in oven in 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish; coat evenly.Separate dough into 13 biscuits; with kitchen scissors, cut each biscuit into eighths. Place biscuit pieces in large bowl; toss with 1 3/4 cups salsa. Spoon evenly into margarine-coated dish. Sprinkle with cheese, bell pepper, onions and olives.Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and center is set. Let stand 15 minutes.Cut into squares; serve with additional 1 cup salsa, if desired.NOTES: Be sure to use a glass pan, or you will have a difficult time cleaning the mess.Substitute pizza sauce and pepperoni, etc. Use different cheeses, using your favorite extras.

Meatball Puffs recipePuffy biscuits with a meatball surprise in the middle!Your favorite meatball recipe mixture
2 cans of biscuits (Buttermilk, Grands, etc.)Heat oven to 350 degrees F.Between sheets of wax paper, using hands, glass or rolling pin, flatten each section of biscuit dough to approximately a 6-inch circle. Form golf-ball size meatballs and place on each biscuit circle. Pull opposite sides of the biscuit dough together and seal until the meatball is completely enclosed. Turn the puff over, sealed side down, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, spaced 2 inches apart.Bake for 30 minutes.

Okay - I'm making a big sloppy joe biscuit pot pie - with the veggies on the side....(DS doesn't like his foods mixed) Everyone likes sloppy joes - but I didn't have buns, so this is a great compromise!

Thanks everyone - I am filing all of the recipes for other nights when I am uninspired!

When I have "spare" biscuits, I usually make bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches for dinner. Yum!

chefann said:
When I have "spare" biscuits, I usually make bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches for dinner. Yum!

Yeah, we had French Toast and scrambled eggs for dinner Sunday night... ;)

I do the breakfast for dinner once in awhile too!

I make not so messy buffallo wings. I take cooked chicken breast diced into bite size pieces, put hot sauce on top (or BBQ) put it on top of a un baked biscuit, put in the oven to bake, the last 5 min or so I top w/ cheese, then drizzle ranch on before I serve. Everyone LOVES this simole meal!!!

slj1229 said:
I make not so messy buffallo wings. I take cooked chicken breast diced into bite size pieces, put hot sauce on top (or BBQ) put it on top of a un baked biscuit, put in the oven to bake, the last 5 min or so I top w/ cheese, then drizzle ranch on before I serve. Everyone LOVES this simole meal!!!

That does sound good - kids wouldn't eat it but I would!

I love breakfast for dinner - we do it a couple times a month....but we've had 2 big brunch meals in the past week, including a french toast casserole yesterday.I love the buffalo "wings" recipe! I'll have to try that!The Sloppy Joe Casserole is in the oven right now.

What is french toast casserole??

My kids really like the wings, I don't make them to spicy, but the little bit of spice that there is seems to be off set by the biscuit. You can do BBQ if they dont like wing sauce, or butter and garlic.

French Toast CasseroleHere is the recipe I used - only change I made was to use Whole Grain Cinnamon Swirl Bread, and I used 1 cup milk and 3/4 cup 1/2 & 1/2 cream. I also made it in the morning and just let it sit for about 2 hours, and then popped it in the oven.

INGREDIENTS
10 cups white bread cubes
1 (8 ounce) package lowfat cream cheese, softened
8 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
2/3 cup half-and-half cream
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS
1.Place bread cubes in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
2.In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in milk, half and half, maple syrup, and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over the bread; cover, and refrigerate overnight.
3.The next morning, remove souffle from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
4.Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and serve warm.

I am 5 lbs fatter just reading that!!! I'm going to the store now!!! My kids will love this!!!! (I will too, but it sounds better to blame the kids)

If you really want sinful....try this one!

This is from the Kraft Food & Family free magazine. Double yummy!
Here's the link: RecipeDetail

I usually divide this recipe in half and make it in the Mini-Baker.
Pull-Apart Maple Pecan Sticky Buns

3/4 cup PLANTERS Chopped Pecans
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, divided
1/3 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 cans (12 oz. each) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cut into 20 cubes

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Spray 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle pecans evenly on bottom of prepared pan; set aside. Melt 2 Tbsp. of the butter in small microwaveable bowl. Add syrup; stir until well blended. Drizzle over pecans in pan; set aside.

MELT remaining 6 Tbsp. butter; set aside. Mix sugar and cinnamon in shallow dish; set aside. Separate dough into 20 biscuits; press each slightly to 1/4-inch thickness. Roll cream cheese cubes in cinnamon sugar mixture until evenly coated on all sides. Place 1 cream cheese cube in center of each biscuit circle; gather up sides of dough to enclose filling. Press edges of dough together to seal; roll into a ball. Dip top of each ball into remaining butter, then into cinnamon sugar. Arrange half of the balls, cinnamon sugar-sides up, in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining balls to form a second layer. Drizzle with any remaining butter; sprinkle with any remaining cinnamon sugar.

BAKE 30 min. or until golden brown. Cool 1 min. in pan; invert onto serving platter. Scrape any remaining pecans left in pan; spoon over buns. Serve warm

ohhh.. for the love of GOD!!!!!!!! My kids are gonna be on a sugar high for a week!!!!

Becky - how did dinner turn out?

janetupnorth said:
Becky - how did dinner turn out?

Dinner was good - DH even said he wouldn't mind having it again sometime!

Being me, I of course made several changes to the recipe - I got the Deceptively Delicious Cookbook for Christmas, and that inspired me! I mixed in a box of frozen creamed spinach to the meat mixture, and added finely chopped mushrooms. It actually turned out really well, and Micah ate a whole slice!

I don't usually use the Grands Biscuits like that - I buy them to use for shows mostly - but I think I would do this again!

Glad your changes worked well - I couldn't mix spinach and mushrooms into meat in my house and still have DH and DD eat it! Of course DS will try anything once and likes most things...

Oh my word - these recipes all look so good!!!
I'm drolling on my desk and people are staring ;-)

janetupnorth said:
Glad your changes worked well - I couldn't mix spinach and mushrooms into meat in my house and still have DH and DD eat it! Of course DS will try anything once and likes most things...

You should check out the book "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry's wife) - it is fascinating!

janetupnorth said:
Yeah, we had French Toast and scrambled eggs for dinner Sunday night... ;)

I do the breakfast for dinner once in awhile too!
My kids like breakfast for dinner a lot! Most years, at least one of them will pick it as their birthday dinner, I always let my kids pick their birthday dinner special meal and one of them usually has to have the whole nine yards, where breakfast is concerned for their "special" meal, served of course, on the Celebration Plate!:sing: :D

ChefBeckyD said:
You should check out the book "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry's wife) - it is fascinating!
I really want to see this book. Can you get it from a library? I usually like to check out the book through the library first and then decide if it's worth it. Do you know how much this book costs in the stores and can you get it at Walmart? I know a lot of questions! But the Oprah Show peaked my interest in this book.
TIA Becky, for sharing your knowledge!;) :)

MissChef said:
I really want to see this book. Can you get it from a library? I usually like to check out the book through the library first and then decide if it's worth it. Do you know how much this book costs in the stores and can you get it at Walmart? I know a lot of questions! But the Oprah Show peaked my interest in this book.
TIA Becky, for sharing your knowledge!;) :)

I don't know if you can get it at Wal Mart - DH got it for me for Christmas, probably at Target (he has limited shopping abilities.:rolleyes: ) I would imagine it's at the library - it is published by HarperCollins, so it's a big name publisher, and it has been a best-selling book. You can also go to Deceptively Delicious - Get Your Kids Eating Good Food! and check out several recipes from the book, and read some different Q&A's.

I won't try all of the recipes, because frankly, I don't see any need to put spinach in brownies or cake.:yuck: But there are a lot of good common-sense tips for getting your kids to eat healthy, and good recipes too. I'm fortunate, my DS will eat most fruits and veggies. My biggest concern is that he eats such little amounts, so using some of her techniques helps increase the nutritional value in all of his bites. So, if he eats 4 bites of mac & cheese, and 4 bites of broccoli w/ dip, he is getting some veggies in both of those foods.

For instance - he ate 1 sweet and sour meatball, 1 small whole grain roll for lunch. He is now eating a couple slices of apple with peanut butter for a snack.....

pamperedlinda said:
Forget dinner and go straight for dessert. Make the Crisscross Apple Crowns.....YUMMO!

[Oh my gosh! I laughed so hard at that! I agree- skip dinner and go straight for the treats!

too funny!:D

I received Deceptively Delicious for Christmas. I have seen it at Sam's Club. Tonight I roasted butternut squash and 6 sweet potatoes so I could make a few recipes from the book. I bought cauliflower, and I will do those tomorrow. I'm planning to make the lasagna, sloppy joes and turkey burgers.

JAE said:
I received Deceptively Delicious for Christmas. I have seen it at Sam's Club. Tonight I roasted butternut squash and 6 sweet potatoes so I could make a few recipes from the book. I bought cauliflower, and I will do those tomorrow. I'm planning to make the lasagna, sloppy joes and turkey burgers.

I think it's funny :D that we both got it for Christmas! Was it on your list? (It was on mine.)

Micah loves cauliflower....actually, he likes almost everything you make purees from, but I just want to raise the nutritional level of some of his other favorite foods (like mac & cheese, grilled cheese, spaghetti & meatballs, pancakes, french toast,...etc....)

He was looking at the cookbook with me early, and got all excited over the avocado dip - he wanted me to make it right away! "I wuv gockamowee, Mom!"

I did ask for it for Christmas. I saw Jessica on Oprah (with our SA peices), and I tried to get it from the library. I also looked for it at Sam's but it wasn't available there yet. My mom told my sister about it, and my sister decided she wanted it too. We both received one from my mom.
I do not like cauliflower, so I hope I can stomach the smell of steaming it. YUCK!

1. "What are some ideas for dinner using Grands Biscuits that are picky eater approved?"

One idea could be to make mini pizzas using the biscuits as the crust. Simply flatten out the biscuits, top with sauce, cheese, and desired toppings, and bake until golden brown. You could also try making chicken and biscuit pot pie, using the biscuits as the topping instead of traditional pie crust. Another option could be to make biscuit-wrapped hot dogs or sausage rolls, which are sure to be a hit with kids.

2. "What are your favorite recipes for a simple dinner using Grands Biscuits?"

In addition to the mini pizzas and chicken pot pie mentioned above, you could also try making a biscuit casserole by layering cooked ground beef or turkey, vegetables, and cheese between flattened biscuits. Another simple idea is to make biscuit tacos, using the biscuits as the taco shell and filling them with your favorite taco ingredients. Biscuit-wrapped meatballs or sausage balls are also easy and delicious.

3. "How can I make something that both my husband and 3-year-old will enjoy using Grands Biscuits?"

A great option for both adults and kids is to make biscuit-wrapped chicken tenders. Simply wrap strips of chicken in flattened biscuits, brush with butter, and bake until golden brown. Another idea is to make biscuit-wrapped sloppy joes, using the biscuits as the bun. You could also try making biscuit sliders by filling the biscuits with mini burgers or pulled pork.

4. "Do you have any suggestions for using up a can of Grands Biscuits for a quick weeknight dinner?"

In addition to the ideas mentioned above, you could also try making a biscuit breakfast casserole by layering cooked breakfast sausage, eggs, and cheese between flattened biscuits. Another option could be to make a biscuit-topped chili or stew, using the biscuits as a hearty and delicious topping. You could also try making biscuit-wrapped ham and cheese bites for a quick and easy meal.

5. "I'm having trouble coming up with dinner ideas using Grands Biscuits - can you help?"

Absolutely! In addition to the suggestions mentioned above, you could also try making biscuit-wrapped chicken or vegetable pot pie cups by filling muffin tins with biscuit dough and your desired filling. Another idea is to make biscuit-wrapped meat and cheese rolls, which are perfect for dipping in marinara sauce. You could also try making biscuit calzones by filling the biscuits with your favorite pizza toppings and folding them over before baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pelamm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ladybug
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Miss Cori