• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Advice on Pampered Chef Enhancement Kit for Under $100?

In summary, the expert recommends the following items: the 12 in. skillet, the can opener, the can strainer, the rotary grater, the easy accent decorator, the apple wedge, the salad choppers, and the citrus press.
FFBearPChef
I can order the enhancement kit in December (it's my 4th month), any suggestion on the items that "must have"? I have the complete "starter kit", and got a DCB and RB after my opening show. I'm wondering what to add, of course, I don't want to spend too much. I guess less than $100!! Welcome any suggestion!!:)

Do you have the 12 in skillet? I love mine

Think about what recipes you like or want to do and which tools you'll need for those.

I find myself using the Medium Scoop, Salad Chopper, Kitchen Shears, Oven Pads and Large Grooved Cutting Board a lot. Or, if you can afford it, the 12" Skillet - you can use that for a lot of recipes!

I personally also invested in a Dots piece so I would have that to show. I bought the platter since that gave me a serving dish for many of the recipes.

I also thought about pieces that I'd just like to have in my own kitchen. Along the way I've gotten the collapsible bowls which I end up selling a lot by having at my shows. You just need 1 so people can see it and you can talk about the uses. I also have gotten 2 more knives along the way too which I've liked having.

For Kit Enhancement I think I'd focus on getting some of the higher priced items since you're getting for the biggest discount. You can always pick up less expensive items by hosting your own show, etc.

Tool Turn About!

hmmm ... I was wondering the same thing since Jan is my 4th month. And I have some PCD to spend too! :) I'd like to get the rotary grater, the cookie sheet, MORE Chipotle RUB, Professional Shears, Forged Cutlery honing tool and another knife, rectangular baker, saute tongs ... and the list goes on ... :)

For shows, I found myself needing the following things:Tool turn about
Large grooved cutting board
Hot pads/oven mitt
another knife (Santoku)Nice to have for shows:
Trifle Bowl
12 in. skillet & lid
Salad ChoppersAnd since you have a DCB, you may want to get a digital pocket thermometer.I bought the whole knife set when I hosted my Grand Opening, because I knew I wanted all the knives and then got it at 1/2 price.There's lots of other stuff, but these are some of the main things I found I wanted/needed right away.Just remember that you can always host your own show and get 1/2 price and free stuff. Also, here and there you can also add things to a host's order. Then you get a discount when you buy it, plus you get commission on it. If making one large personal order/kit enhancement gets too big and costly, it's another thing to remember.One thing that you should also make sure of is your finances. I joined so that I could finally get all these great things I was wanting at a super discount/free, plus earn some money. I kept taking advantage of the times I hosted and had Kit enh. month, because I kept thinking "who knows how long I'll be doing this, so I should get things I really want now". But...I blew through my commission money really fast and then when all is said and done, I didn't have $ in the bank to show for anything. But...I have a very well stocked kitchen now! :) Just some plusses and minuses. IF you're in this to make money, just take it slow and careful as you make purchases. It IS possible to make money and just stick to basic recipes and the ones that they put in the SB that work w/ just kit contents.Sorry for the long post and my ramblings. :D

And dont' forget...we ALL get Kit Enhancement month in April- so you'll have another month coming up fairly soon to get a few more things that don't make this month's cut. :)

I recommend all of the above but also the can opener, citrus press and egg slicer. My most requested recipe is the fajitas and margaritas. So, I use the heck out of my salad choppers, citrus press, egg slicer, can opener and can strainer, rotary grater, easy accent decorator and apple wedger.

Wow....thank you for all advices and suggestion. I guess I should just pick one or two things and add it slowly so that I can keep some money in my pockets! As Amanda said, I'm in the business to earn some money not only spend money, I don't want to go break , LOL! I probably should save some PC$ for conference! :)

babywings76 said:
...One thing that you should also make sure of is your finances. I joined so that I could finally get all these great things I was wanting at a super discount/free, plus earn some money. I kept taking advantage of the times I hosted and had Kit enh. month, because I kept thinking "who knows how long I'll be doing this, so I should get things I really want now". But...I blew through my commission money really fast and then when all is said and done, I didn't have $ in the bank to show for anything. But...I have a very well stocked kitchen now! :) Just some plusses and minuses. IF you're in this to make money, just take it slow and careful as you make purchases. It IS possible to make money and just stick to basic recipes and the ones that they put in the SB that work w/ just kit contents....

HEHEHEHEH...:D

My entire first year (first time around), most of my commission went to business suppllies and PRODUCT FOR ME! I went to a TPC show (had never been to one), ordered a flour/sugar shaker, and signed within a week. So, I wanted it ALL! Then, once I figured out the SAT's, I earned it all! But, yes, that is some VERY wise advice!!!!

Mix n Chop
Salad Choppers
Citrus Press
Garlic Slicer Set
Bamboo Grinder Set
Tool Turn About
Can Opener
Sm Batter Bowl
Stainless Steel Bowl Set

But like Amanda said, you don't have to have it all NOW!! Course I bought up everything I wanted within the first year, too. LOL!! It is hard to resist.

As one person said, base it on what recipes you plan on doing. I own the 12" pan but have only used it once at a show. Most of my hosts dont have their parties in their kitchen so doing a stove top demo is very tough (IMO). Also, I have never done a trifle at a party. I ordered it from my first party, still in the box. In fact I own 2 as I won one, both are in their boxes never used. Again - goes by what you want to demo. I think I agree 100% with Chef Kearns. I couldn't have said it better myself. Add a piece of Bamboo, a piece of SA (I get most use out of my trio bowl for the fajitas) and life is good.

Melissa, you could get a personal cooktop from Wal-Mart for $8.88 and you can do a cooking demo in any room you're in. Just be sure to get an extension cord, too.

FFBearPChef said:
Wow....thank you for all advices and suggestion. I guess I should just pick one or two things and add it slowly so that I can keep some money in my pockets! As Amanda said, I'm in the business to earn some money not only spend money, I don't want to go break , LOL! I probably should save some PC$ for conference! :)

Good thinking! I have only taken advantage of 1 KE month since I started. It's actually a better deal to host your own show and get it for free!

wadesgirl said:
Tool Turn About!

I agree!

The DCB is the best investment you can make for Demos, and the TTA is the best thing you can buy to organize and transport your tools for shows. Also - the TTA Tote!

ChefBeckyD said:
I agree!

The DCB is the best investment you can make for Demos, and the TTA is the best thing you can buy to organize and transport your tools for shows. Also - the TTA Tote!

Yes the TTA tote is one thing I wish I had got sooner in my business.

Chef Kearns said:
Melissa, you could get a personal cooktop from Wal-Mart for $8.88 and you can do a cooking demo in any room you're in. Just be sure to get an extension cord, too.

How simple yet I never gave it thought. Thanks!

TTA tote? Where can I order it? I know we can earn it earlier and of course I didn't!! I would love to have one. And, I'm still making the pizza from the new consultant kit, so all the starter kit is enough for me to do show. But, I guess I should try more recipes to use some different products to increase the sales. People are not really buying those stuff that I demo with, usually only the "lower" price items!!

I started in March '08 and made a $5 profit for the 2008 year because I literally spent EVERYTHING back into products & supplies! LOL But at the time, that was my reasoning for joining Pampered Chef ... to support my addiction to the products! :DNow that I have a team, I'm making more like $1,000 - $1,200 per month. This month was slow. I'm probably only going to make about $700 this month. I'm now in the profit mode, but I still support my addiction on the side too.I agree, look through the recipes that you want to start offering & start with those tools. Especially things that you really think you will use at home if you decided to stop selling. There's no sense in having a bunch of stuff in your kitchen that you never plan to use. ;)

FFBearPChef said:
TTA tote? Where can I order it? I know we can earn it earlier and of course I didn't!! I would love to have one. And, I'm still making the pizza from the new consultant kit, so all the starter kit is enough for me to do show. But, I guess I should try more recipes to use some different products to increase the sales. People are not really buying those stuff that I demo with, usually only the "lower" price items!!

It's on Supply Order = #9853, $15.00. I actually have 2 - I had 3 but gave one as an incentive. I use one for my TTA, and one for the Trifle Bowl.

ChefBeckyD said:
It's on Supply Order = #9853, $15.00. I actually have 2 - I had 3 but gave one as an incentive. I use one for my TTA, and one for the Trifle Bowl.

thats a good idea to use it for the trifile bowl! I never would have thought of that

You can also put the trifle bowl on the bottom and put your TTA on top of it.

ChefBeckyD said:

Do you take your trifle bowl in the TTA tote for your shows? I thought about getting another tote because right now I carry it in the box that is falling apart. I'm too worried about it breaking though as I store all my products in my trunk.

Yes, I take my Trifle Bowl to parties in the TTA tote. I line the bowl part with a Cookware Protector then put the base in. That way it doesn't clang inside. I only take my trife bowl to booths or shows that I make a Trifle.

Do you know the name of your cooktop? This is a great idea. I am trying to find a cooktop yet all the ones I am finding are over $100.00. I luv this idea because I will be able to use more recipes. Thanks. :eek:)

1. What is included in the Enhancement Kit?

The Enhancement Kit includes a variety of tools and products designed to enhance your cooking experience. It includes a cutting board, measuring spoons, spatula, and other essential kitchen tools.

2. Can the Enhancement Kit be used with any type of cookware?

Yes, the tools in the Enhancement Kit are designed to be versatile and can be used with various types of cookware, including non-stick and stainless steel.

3. Is the Enhancement Kit dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the tools in the Enhancement Kit are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

4. Can I purchase individual tools from the Enhancement Kit?

Yes, most of the tools in the Enhancement Kit are also available for individual purchase. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

5. Is the Enhancement Kit covered by a warranty?

Yes, the Enhancement Kit is covered by our satisfaction guarantee, so if you are not completely satisfied with any of the tools, you can return them for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • cookalison