• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kit Enhancement - Am I Going Overboard?

In summary, the speaker is discussing their Kit Enhancement (KE) month and the items they want to purchase for their business. They have been working on the list for three months and have a lot of PC dollars to use. They are questioning if they are going overboard and ask for advice on what items are necessary and what can wait for later. The conversation also includes recommendations for certain items and the suggestion to save some money and PC dollars for the next KE month in April.
kam
Staff member
My Kit Enhancement month is January!!
Here is what I really want for my Kit Enhancement (I have only been working on this list for the past 3 months!!)

I have a lot of PC dollars to use - so it won't really be that bad of a "hit".

But, I feel like I am going overboard...anyone think I have something on here I don't need?

All Purpose Spreader
Apple Wedger
Bamboo Salad Tongs
Bamboo Spatula Set
Bamboo Specialty Set
Bamboo Spoon Set
Bread Knife
Can Opener
Citrus Press
Classic Scraper
Clock Timer
Fish Recipe cards
Funnels
Grill Press
Grilling Recipe cards
Honing Tool
Kitchen Brush
Kitchen Shears
Med Bar Pan
Mini Baker
Mini Measure
Mini Whisk
Mix N Chop
Mix N Masher
QSP Small
Rev Bamboo Board
Salad Chopper
Serrated Peeler
Skinny Scraper
Slice N Serve
Small Bar Pan
Small Oval Baker
Small Slotted Turner
Soups Recipe cards
TTA
Vegetable Peeler
Woven Round Tray

I WAS going to put Prep Bowls and Chef's Tongs - but I will wait and order them on supply!!

I figure 40% is a great deal - but not sure if I am ordering too much on KE and there is a better way to do this...

Any advice would be welcome!

I would look at it this way, if you have enough PC$ to cover, then do it. Are you wanting this stuff for your house or your shows? The items I highly recommend on your list are:

Bread Knife (regular or forged?)
Can Opener
Citrus Press
Classic Scraper
Clock Timer
Honing Tool
Kitchen Brush
Kitchen Shears
Mini Measure
Mix N Chop
QSP Small - Get the regular instead, great to show at shows
Salad Chopper
Serrated Peeler
Skinny Scraper
Small Slotted Turner
TTA
Vegetable Peeler
Woven Round Tray

When it comes down to it, it's your choice. You can always hold your own shows over time and build up that way, it's actually better than 40% off.

If you're ok paying for it then go for it...remember we have a kit enhancement month is April too (everyone gets this every year) so if you need or want to break it up that would work too. Are you using your PC $$?

I listed my personal comments to each item below...

kam said:
My Kit Enhancement month is January!!
Here is what I really want for my Kit Enhancement (I have only been working on this list for the past 3 months!!)

I have a lot of PC dollars to use - so it won't really be that bad of a "hit".

But, I feel like I am going overboard...anyone think I have something on here I don't need?

All Purpose Spreader - I use
Apple Wedger - I don't have but would be useful at home
Bamboo Salad Tongs
Bamboo Spatula Set
Bamboo Specialty Set
Bamboo Spoon Set - all the Bamboo is nice, question is do you NEED it at home, you only need one bamboo item to show them in person...the don't need to see the whole thing
Bread Knife
Can Opener - I like having, I sell quite a few.
Citrus Press
Classic Scraper - a favorite of course
Clock Timer - another favorite...
Fish Recipe cards - not really needed to sell
Funnels - never used these either or have them
Grill Press - love it!!!!
Grilling Recipe cards - not necessarily needed especially with the new book coming out
Honing Tool - I have it but not used that often
Kitchen Brush - home use maybe not needed for shows
Kitchen Shears - love it, use it a lot!
Med Bar Pan - nice to have not needed really for shows
Mini Baker - nice for home (on the stoneware, consider throwing together a catalog show that you've hosted and get them 20% off with the additional discount for hosts, might turn out to be about 40% off)
Mini Measure
Mini Whisk
Mix N Chop - like it - not used that much
Mix N Masher - don't have it
QSP Small - love it
Rev Bamboo Board - don't have it, don't find a need for it
Salad Chopper - love it for the salsa
Serrated Peeler - nice to have
Skinny Scraper - nice to have
Slice N Serve - nice to have
Small Bar Pan - I like this one
Small Oval Baker - I like this one
Small Slotted Turner
Soups Recipe cards
TTA - NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!
Vegetable Peeler - love it
Woven Round Tray - nice to have

I WAS going to put Prep Bowls and Chef's Tongs - but I will wait and order them on supply!!

I figure 40% is a great deal - but not sure if I am ordering too much on KE and there is a better way to do this...

Any advice would be welcome!

The best question is what fits in your budget and what can you get later. April is also KE month so save some $ and PC$ for that and get some new spring products.

Also some bigger items might become host specials and you can host your own open house or show and use the host credit (free merchandise) for those things.

I often think I "NEED" something or want it then find out later I really didn't NEED it. So I scrutinize my lists over and over.

the recipe cards you should only need 1 set to show at shows and the other recipes you can get from here or your clustermates.
same with the mini stones-are these for your kitchen ? remember they will be discontinued March 1st.
the bamboo will be on sale (for hosts) when March? You may have a host who doesn't them or have a cattie show yourself and get them 60% off.Maybe just get 1 set for now.
and I personally haven't missed not having the honing device.

I love my prep bowls i use them at every show and at home always. I sell a lot of these.

ETA: I hate the salad choppers!! I know :eek: right?? but I find they squish rather than chop and they keep getting rust spots on them. hate em.I would rather use my FC or a knife.

JMO !! :)

Last edited:
I agree with Janet, defidently the TTA!!! Two if you don't have one at home and in your kit already!

The list is a combo of things for shows and for home! I am using PC $ - and I would only have a small balance.

Some of the items will be discontinued and I wanted them (recipe cards, small oval baker, bread knife) so I figured 40% off was pretty good.

I am holding off on the SS Bowls in case I can get a Feb show together. But my friends are pretty burned out on PC right now - so I don't really see myself getting any kind of good show together any time soon.

I think some of the items I can probably wait until April...my biggest price item is the Woven Round Tray and that is the one thing I feel I really need for shows - it would make it so much easier to be able to put the round stone on the table instead of the cooling rack.

The next item in price is the Grill press and DH has been asking for that for months - so that is a personal pick!

This is tough!

Edit: I FORGOT about Bamboo being the March special - and many hosts DO NOT take advantage of it!!! So I will wait on those!

Yes, the discontinued items are for me - I will miss the small oval baker. And I thought the recipe cards would be nice to have before they disappear.

Last edited:
it is nice having the woven selections for your stone and it shows customers what a nice quality they are.

I LOVE my SS bowl set! I always take the small one to my shows (I miss it at home though), several people ask about it.

What I did to help me figure out what I wanted was I took the most current catalog, cut it in half and put it in clear protector sheets. Before I put it in protector sheets, I marked by color what I had, what I wanted and what I already had and wanted another of. This is the catalog I keep by my desk for easy flipping when I'm on the phone with someone. I cannot buy everything at once but it helps me to keep stock of items I have or what I want if I have my own show.

reba515 said:
ETA: I hate the salad choppers!! I know :eek: right?? but I find they squish rather than chop and they keep getting rust spots on them. hate em.I would rather use my FC or a knife.

JMO !! :)

This is the one item I really do not want, but feel I should have to demo at shows. Everyone talks about doing the salsa with them....

kam said:
The list is a combo of things for shows and for home! I am using PC $ - and I would only have a small balance.

Some of the items will be discontinued and I wanted them (recipe cards, small oval baker, bread knife) so I figured 40% off was pretty good.

I am holding off on the SS Bowls in case I can get a Feb show together. But my friends are pretty burned out on PC right now - so I don't really see myself getting any kind of good show together any time soon.

I think some of the items I can probably wait until April...my biggest price item is the Woven Round Tray and that is the one thing I feel I really need for shows - it would make it so much easier to be able to put the round stone on the table instead of the cooling rack.

The next item in price is the Grill press and DH has been asking for that for months - so that is a personal pick!

This is tough!

I wouldn't buy the bread knife...get the color coated one and you can use it at a show. Also, since you're using PC dollars, remember you can use them for sample packs (if you didn't earn them all) and you can also use your PC $$ for conference, supplies, etc...I guess it comes down to what you can afford to spend now, what you really need/want, and where you are with your business (thinking short-term vs long term). I know my "want" list could be long, but I'm pretty practical and think more of needs...bottom line is if you can afford it and want it the decision is yours.

kam said:
This is the one item I really do not want, but feel I should have to demo at shows. Everyone talks about doing the salsa with them....

I really don't use them as much...and I have two sets...that reminds me, I should just sell a set...

OK! I think I can do it - I think I can cut back! See - I just needed some voices of reason. I just wanted it ALL! :)

And if I find out I really need something - I only have to wait until April.

I will cut out all the Bamboo (since I have some) and see how March plays out. I guess I can cut out the scrapers since I have a ton already - I just always NEED MORE!

I am buying a SECOND timer since DH keeps stealing mine out of my PC tote - and one of these days I am going to end up at a show without a timer.

SO - now I may even have some PC$ left over!

kam said:
OK! I think I can do it - I think I can cut back! See - I just needed some voices of reason. I just wanted it ALL! :)

And if I find out I really need something - I only have to wait until April.

I will cut out all the Bamboo (since I have some) and see how March plays out. I guess I can cut out the scrapers since I have a ton already - I just always NEED MORE!

I am buying a SECOND timer since DH keeps stealing mine out of my PC tote - and one of these days I am going to end up at a show without a timer.

SO - now I may even have some PC$ left over!

If your goal was to not spend as much, great job! April isn't far away and you'll REALLY want some spring items.

It's nice to have it all, but you don't NEED it all and better to save then spend...

kit enhancementI found that as soon as I got the woven round tray, with the new pizza stone, I sold many of them ( both the stone and the woven). I know I would not have sold any if I did not have it to show. People can see how well made it is, how attractive it looks with the stone and how well it holds the stone. I vote for the woven tray, I love mine!!!!:thumbup:

salad choppers ;)
kam said:

borrow some to try out first, because you won't be making salsa at every show :) . spend that $20 on a knife.

reba515, ....
I find they squish rather than chop and they keep getting rust spots on them.

Send them back! My first set got rusty after one diswasher cycle. They shouldn't do that - send them back. Replacement has been fine, no rust.

What is the purpose of Kit Enhancement?

The purpose of Kit Enhancement is to add additional products to your existing Pampered Chef kit to enhance your cooking and entertaining experience.

How do I know if I am going overboard with Kit Enhancement?

If you find yourself purchasing more products than you can realistically use or afford, you may be going overboard with Kit Enhancement. It's important to assess your needs and budget before adding new products to your kit.

Can I return Kit Enhancement products?

Yes, you can return Kit Enhancement products within 45 days of purchase for a full refund. However, if the products are used or damaged, they may not be eligible for a refund.

Are there any discounts for Kit Enhancement products?

At this time, there are no discounts specifically for Kit Enhancement products. However, you may be able to utilize any current promotions or sales to save on your Kit Enhancement purchases.

Is there a limit to how many Kit Enhancement products I can add to my kit?

No, there is no limit to how many Kit Enhancement products you can add to your kit. However, it's important to consider your needs and budget before adding too many products to your kit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedPrincess74
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • GourmetGirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • janetupnorth