• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Recipe From the Canadian Season's Best Fall/Winter 2003

In summary, Marg from Canada needs a recipe for a show this weekend. The host contacted her and wanted her to make the quote "Warm layered Greek Dip" that's in this cookbook she has here in front of her. She didn't want to appear stupid and told her she doesn't have that recipe, have never heard of it, but since she doesn't have access to email (home daycare) she would find it.....now she's stuck. Of course she's picking up the ingredients but she sure would like to know what tools to bring and the steps involved so she doesn't look like a fool. Could anyone help?
kcjodih
Gold Member
Hello everyone...if any of the lovely ladies from Canada has a S/B F/W 2003 around I need a recipe for a show this weekend. The host just contacted me and wants me to make the quote "Warm layered Greek Dip" that's in this cookbook I have here in front of me...it's the S/B F/W 2003. I didn't want to appear stupid and I told her I don't have that recipe, have never heard of it, but since she doesn't have access to email (home daycare) I would find it.....now I'm stuck! Of course she's picking up the ingredients but I sure would like to know what tools to bring and the steps involved so that I don't look like a fool!! Could anyone help? I did try Joyce's fine cooking and PC website but nothing with this title. All I know for sure is the cookbook and year, and that it IS a dip and has feta cheese (she just looked at the book,said that's it - it's called..... and it's great! It has feta cheese and we love it)

I found one called Mediterranean Dip Duo but that isn't served warm and another called Layered Athenian Cheese Spread but it calls for layering it in a SBB and refrigerating for several hours. PLEASE HELP!!

Jodi

Warm Layered Greek Dip
----------------------Ingredients:
1/2 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened 1/21/2 container (8 oz/227g) hummus 1/21/4 cup green pepper, chopped 50 mL1 green onion, thinly sliced 11 tsp fresh parsley, snipped 5 mL1/4 cup sour cream 50 mL1 oz feta cheese, crumbled (1/4 cup/50 mL) 30 g1/8 tsp salt 0.5 mL1 small clove garlic, pressed 11 small plum tomato, chopped 1Baked Pita ChipsDirections:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds to soften. Whisk with Stainless Steel Whisk until smooth; add hummus. Spread evenly in Small Oval Baker using Small Spreader.2. Chop green pepper and thinly slice green onion with Paring Knife. Snip parsley with Kitchen Shears. Place sour cream in Small Batter Bowl. Add green pepper, green onion, parsley, feta, salt and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well with Small Mix ‘N Scraper™. Spread over top of hummus layer using Small Spreader.3. Bake 10-15 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Sprinkle with chopped tomato. Serve with Baked Pita Chips.Yield: 2 cups/500 mL (about 12 servings, 3 tbsp/45 mL per serving)Per serving: 85 calories; 2.9 g protein; 6.7 g total fat; 3.1 g sat fat; 4.0 g carbohydrate; 1.3 g fibre; 16 mg cholesterol; 165 mg sodiumCook's Tip: Substitute ¼ tsp (1 mL) dried oregano leaves for fresh parsley, if desired. Tool Tip:
Not only are our Kitchen Shears are great for snipping fresh herbs, but they can be used for clipping out coupons, pruning fresh flowers, or opening sealed cake or bread mix packages.Here you go!
If you go onto Consultants Corner and click on Product Information, a drop down menu will appear - click on recipes. You can find recipes from SB back to F/W 2002

oh my gosh....thank you so much!!!!Marg,

thank you, thank you, thank you! And also thanks for that info re getting recipes on the website. I was doing just that..BUT...wasn't clicking on the drop down menu.....how stupid can I be!!! Rolling my eyes and laughing hysterically now! :rolleyes: :D

Hugs,

Jodi

I can't believe it!!Canadian consultants have a different version of the Season's Best?! What are some of the recipes from this season. I know there are 30 recipes, but I would really appreciate it if you could, I don't know, copy and paste a list of the different recipes.

Thanks from a friend down south.

No problem at all, Jodi!
I'm not too sure if all of the recipes in the Canadian version of SB are different, some may be the same, but here's a list of what's in the S/S 05 collection:

Appetizers
Athenian spinach rounds
Baked pita chips
Herb & garlic stuffed mushrooms
Hot broccoli dip
Layered mexican party dip
Roasted red pepper & atrichoke spread
Savoury cheese crostini
Shrimp wonton cups

Casual Get-Togethers
Angel-almond skillet cake
Caesar salad pizza
Chicken curry stir-fry salad
Garden ranch pizza
Greek chicken stir-fry salad
Ham & artichoke calzone
Lemon herb chicken ring
Mediterranean pita pannini
Muffuletta sandwich loaf
Pesto chicken twist

Keep it Cool
Curried chicken lettuce wraps
Ice cream sandwich torte
Meringue & berries dessert delight
Pink lady fingers
Thai vegetable pizza
Zesty crab salad in cucumber boats

Desserts
Banana Toffee pizza
Caramel & banana dessert enchiladas
Coconut & mango tart
Glazed apple wreath
Mango salsa sundaes
Pink lemonade dessert squares
Strawberry bruschetta

Mmmmmm, some of those are different from the US version! Wish we could order a copy of SB from other countries, LOL.

Paula in TN

, thank you for reaching out for help with this recipe! I did some digging and found the recipe you are looking for in the Canadian Season's Best Fall/Winter 2003 cookbook. It is called "Warm Layered Greek Dip" and it is on page 20. Here are the ingredients and steps involved:

Ingredients:
- 1 package (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- Pita chips or crackers for serving

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a bowl, mix together cream cheese and feta cheese until well blended.
3. Spread mixture onto bottom of Small Oval Baker.
4. In a separate bowl, combine sun-dried tomatoes, olives, red onion, parsley, garlic, oregano, and black pepper. Mix well.
5. Spread tomato mixture over cream cheese mixture in baker.
6. Top with chopped cucumber.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until heated through.
8. Serve with pita chips or crackers.

As for tools, you will need the Small Oval Baker and a mixing bowl. I hope this helps and your show is a success! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. Can I still find the recipes from the Canadian Season's Best Fall/Winter 2003 catalog?

Yes, you can find all the recipes from this catalog on our website or by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant.

2. Are the recipes in the Canadian Season's Best Fall/Winter 2003 catalog still relevant today?

Absolutely! Our recipes are timeless and can be enjoyed year after year.

3. Are the ingredients for these recipes difficult to find?

No, the ingredients for these recipes are common and can be found at most grocery stores.

4. Can I make substitutions for certain ingredients in the recipes?

Yes, feel free to make substitutions according to your dietary needs or preferences. Just keep in mind that the taste and texture of the dish may vary.

5. Are there any vegetarian or gluten-free options in the Canadian Season's Best Fall/Winter 2003 recipes?

Yes, there are several vegetarian and gluten-free options in this catalog. Look for the symbols next to each recipe to indicate these dietary preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pc ri lisa
Replies
Views
chefann
  • muffetts
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
luvinpc