• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Recipe From Celebrate Cookbook

In summary, someone is looking for the Southwest Snack Squares recipe and does not have the Celebrate cookbook. They are looking for suggestions on what to do.
dawnrody
Help!
I have a host that wants to do the Southwest Snack Squares at her show on Tuesday and I don't have the Celebrate Cookbook and really need to see and maybe try the recipe before I get to her house. Can anyone help me?
:confused:

SOUTHWESTERN SNACK SQUARES

2 T cornmeal
2 pkg (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 can (16 oz) refried black beans or refried beans
2 T Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 1/2 c (6 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 plum tomateos, seeded and chopped
2 green onions with tops, sliced
1/2 c sliced pitted ripe olives
1/2 c sour cream (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375* F. Sprinkle Stoneware Bar Pan with cornmeal. Unroll one package of crescent rolls across one end of pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough, filling pan. Using Baker's Roller, roll dough to seal perforations and press up sides to form crust. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.

2. In Small Batter Bowl, combine refried beans and seasoning mix; spread evenly over partially baked crust. Shred cheese evenly over bean mixture using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Continue baking 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

3. Meanwhile, chop tomatoes and slice green onions using Chef's Knife. Slice olives with Egg Slicer Plus. Sprinkle vegetables over cheese. Cut into squares; dollop with sour cream, if desired. Serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 24 appetizer squares

Nutrients per serving (1 square): Calories 120, Total Fat 7 g, Sat Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 7 mg, Carb 11g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 1 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fat (1 carb)

thanks a bunch!!Thanks so much for getting back so quickly! Yikes, I wish that this recipe showed more high price products. Any suggestions?

Ultimate Slice n GrateYou might want to try the Ultimate slice n' grate for the onions. Also, when you show the deluxe cheese grater, you might want to show the USG has a grater attachment and use that as well.

Sorry, just re-read the message. Green onions are smaller than a regular onion, so you might want to try the tomatoes or just cross sell and mention the USG.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would change all the nutrition info, but what if you added browned ground beef and used a piece of cookware?

alternate productsInstead of the batter bowl, how about using one of the Stainless Steel Mixing bowls? You could mention the fact that they have rubber bottoms and are weighted on the bottom so they don't slide around on the counter/table top. They also have the thumb hole to help you get a better hold on the bowl. Can tomatoes and green onions get chopped with the Food Chopper without mutilating them? I've never tried tomatoes or green onions with it, so I'm not much help there. Ummm...trying to think of what else you could substitute to help show off the higher priced items...maybe use the Can Opener to open the beans? Hope that helps some!

I always demonstrate items that are not used in the demo. If I do not have anything to use with the USG, I bring a potato or lemon and demo slicing with the v blade. I always bring the APCS and a granny smith apple, slice through on one side of apple and place rings on a SA small square and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar from the flour/sugar shaker. If I making a dessert and cannot figure out a use for the garlic press, I just bring a glove and press into a prep bowl to demo.

Just because it is not in the recipe, does not mean you cannot demo it!

Hi there! I would be happy to help you with the Southwest Snack Squares recipe from the Celebrate Cookbook. I have the cookbook and have made the recipe before, so I can definitely guide you through it. Would you like me to email you the recipe or walk you through it over the phone? Let me know and I'll be happy to assist. Looking forward to helping you make this delicious snack for your show on Tuesday! :)

1. What is the Celebrate Cookbook?

The Celebrate Cookbook is a collection of delicious and easy-to-follow recipes for all occasions, created by top chefs and culinary experts.

2. How many recipes are included in the Celebrate Cookbook?

The Celebrate Cookbook contains over 200 recipes for appetizers, entrees, sides, desserts, and more.

3. Can I purchase the Celebrate Cookbook online?

Yes, the Celebrate Cookbook is available for purchase on our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Are the recipes in the Celebrate Cookbook customizable?

Yes, the Celebrate Cookbook includes tips and variations for each recipe, allowing you to customize them to your personal taste and dietary needs.

5. Are the ingredients for the recipes in the Celebrate Cookbook easy to find?

Yes, the Celebrate Cookbook uses common and easily accessible ingredients, making it convenient to create delicious meals at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies