• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Hug? - Supportive Community Here

In summary, a kitchen mishap led to a wounded ego, as the author realized she is not as clumsy as she thought. Many readers sent her a hug in support.
jbachen
I am feeling pretty dumb right now, and in the short time I have been on this site everyone has been so supportive of one another, that I just had to request some hugs...

I was just making dinner, and one of the onion slices got stuck on the Mandolin blade. And I knew I should grab a spoon to push it through, but I was rushing (the french fries were going to be ready WAY before the main dish), so I tried to push the onion through with my finger, and guess what, I sliced it open! Ouch!:cry:

So now my husband is finishing dinner, and I am feeling dumb. Anyway, I don't think I need stitches or anything, although it did bleed for awhile. But my ego might need some stitches... I guess it was a good thing I was cooking for my family, and not a host.

Oh! That bites! It always hurts on the fingers. Hope you heal fast.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

We've all done it at one time or another, whether it's the UM, a knife, apple wedger, etc.... - there is probably a collective cringe and an "ohhhh ouch" being said right now!

Ouch! Heal fast!

{{HUG}} - hope it feels better soon. Don't feel stupid - it happens to everyone; at least you're home and your DH can help!

Aww..feel better. If it makes you feel less "dumb" I was taking the plastic wrap of DH's dinner that I microwaved and the steam scorched my finger.

Luckily I had some neosporin from about 2 weeks ago when I burned my hand on the saute pan AT A SHOW!

REALLY I am not this clumsy!

Oh? The evidence seems to indicate otherwise. :pAnd jbachen?
flower36.gif
Welcome to the Klutz's Korner.

OUCH!!!!!!! Hope your finger heals fast! Well at least you now have another story for your customers as to how sharp it is and what not to do if something is caught.

So that's how you get your husband to cook dinner - hmmm, might be worth the pain!

I'm just kidding! I love to cook, that's why I'm a Pampered Chef:)!

I hope your finger feels better soon! And yes, many of us have done it already! (Get your mind out of the gutter KG!)

Ouchy! I was cringing as I read your post...

Lots of {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} from me!

{{{more hugs}}} Hope your fsliced finger & bruised ego feel better soon :(

Ouch!!! Heal fast!!!

And what a story to tell customers when at a show - REMEMBER - Your a Pampered Chef - NOT A Perfect chef - (I just love that saying!!)

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_grouphugg.gifWe've all done something silly with our tools, so you're in good company. And you'll be sure to tell your guests at shows why the food holder is so important, right?

pampchefrhondab said:
So that's how you get your husband to cook dinner - hmmm, might be worth the pain!

I don't know...I think it would be easier (and less painful) to just ASK your husband to help fix dinner ;) but that's just me!

I don't think you're "officially" a consultant until you've cut yourself on something in your kit!

GeorgiaPeach said:
I don't know...I think it would be easier (and less painful) to just ASK your husband to help fix dinner ;) but that's just me!
I don't think you're "officially" a consultant until you've cut yourself on something in your kit!

Nope - if I asked, mine would find an excuse to not help. However, if I threaten to BLEED into his food, he'd get his butt to the kitchen and help QUICKLY.

And, jbachen, I have a few scars from the forged cutlery, the apple wedger and the citrus peeler (don't ask). I also carry band-aids in my crate to all shows... never know when you are going to need them!!

Awww... don't feel dumb, use it to your advantage! Next time you demo the UM you can use your experience to caution other folks. I did that when I had a 'duh' moment, during an open house, with my saute pan which had heated up nicely from being in the oven... :rolleyes: Now I use that as a cautionary tale of how wonderfully our pans cool down from being in the oven but to be careful of that metal tip! Hope you heal soon!

I did that once....lost part of my finger in the process.....good thing it wasn't at a show. Another good reason NOT to eat Zucchini!!

Katie0128, I'm with you on the Citrus Peeler. I felt like an idiot when it happened a couple of months ago, but then I read some of the other posts by people injured on their PC tools and felt like I was in good company. :) Word to the wise...if the orange you are trying to peel is SMALLER than the palm of your hand, be careful...hindsight is always 20/20, but wow, that really hurt!

I think it just the initiation process of PC. Youneed to get injured by a product to really appreciate them. (That is what I tell myself after, it is better than feeling down on myself for it.)

I'd love for Jean Jonas to ask at NatCon this year for all the consultants who have injured themselves using a product and actually drew blood to stand. I'm sure at least 3/4 of the room would be standing.

I have done this several times. Russell told me they did not need to come out with anymore forgerd knives b/c I have cut myself while using each one of them!

Here's a hug for you....

hugs.gif

That's not a hug, that's suffocation!

Precisely why, at my house, I refer to the implement as the "finger chopper offer thingie."

And precisely why I NEVER purchased the Slice 'n Grate! I like all ten of my fingers, thank you very much.

katie0128 said:
And, jbachen, I have a few scars from the forged cutlery, the apple wedger and the citrus peeler (don't ask). I also carry band-aids in my crate to all shows... never know when you are going to need them!!

Ooh, that darn citrus peeler has gotten me, too! :)

Thanks, everyone for the hugs... I am still healing. It is just nice to know I am in such good company in the I-shoulda-known-better club! :)

climbercanoe3 said:
You need to get injured by a product to really appreciate them.

Then I must really appreciate all my products! :)

My husband will tell you that I'm the Consultant who can injure (read "cut") myself on even the seemingly benign tools. It's a gift.

Welcome to the club!

You poor thing. Don't feel too bad. As you can tell, most of us have done something similar. I know I often react before engaging my brain.

Many years ago, even before Doris had thought about carrying wooden cases all over Chicago, I was preparing dinner for my wife and I - fish. I was trying to get five frozen fillets out of a box of ten, and I was using a butter knife to split them apart. My wife admonished me to be careful, and I was, until a particularly resistant fillet suddenly popped away from its mate.The knife went right into the anterior knuckle of my left middle finger (how appropriate) and opened it up like tomato can. She knew me well enough to say, "DON'T LOOK AT IT!" which, of course, I did. I could see muscle, and tendons and all kinds of fun stuff - and immediately came close to fainting. She dragged my semi-conscious butt to the car (I outweighed her more than 2 to 1) and we went to the ER, where the cut got stitched up and the doc told me it was a remarkably clean cut.That was a butter knife - can you imagine what I could have done with the santoku or chef's knife?Me at the sight of blood, especially my own:
thud2.gif

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Many years ago, even before Doris had thought about carrying wooden cases all over Chicago, I was preparing dinner for my wife and I - fish. I was trying to get five frozen fillets out of a box of ten, and I was using a butter knife to split them apart. My wife admonished me to be careful, and I was, until a particularly resistant fillet suddenly popped away from its mate.

The knife went right into the anterior knuckle of my left middle finger (how appropriate) and opened it up like tomato can. She knew me well enough to say, "DON'T LOOK AT IT!" which, of course, I did. I could see muscle, and tendons and all kinds of fun stuff - and immediately came close to fainting.

She dragged my semi-conscious butt to the car (I outweighed her more than 2 to 1) and we went to the ER, where the cut got stitched up and the doc told me it was a remarkably clean cut.

That was a butter knife - can you imagine what I could have done with the santoku or chef's knife?

Me at the sight of blood, especially my own:
thud2.gif

Now, that takes talent.

There aren't many like me, I tell ya.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Many years ago, even before Doris had thought about carrying wooden cases all over Chicago, I was preparing dinner for my wife and I - fish. I was trying to get five frozen fillets out of a box of ten, and I was using a butter knife to split them apart. My wife admonished me to be careful, and I was, until a particularly resistant fillet suddenly popped away from its mate.

The knife went right into the anterior knuckle of my left middle finger (how appropriate) and opened it up like tomato can. She knew me well enough to say, "DON'T LOOK AT IT!" which, of course, I did. I could see muscle, and tendons and all kinds of fun stuff - and immediately came close to fainting.

She dragged my semi-conscious butt to the car (I outweighed her more than 2 to 1) and we went to the ER, where the cut got stitched up and the doc told me it was a remarkably clean cut.

That was a butter knife - can you imagine what I could have done with the santoku or chef's knife?
Me at the sight of blood, especially my own:
thud2.gif

But what a great way to demonstrate how sharp the forged cutlery is!!

And, my DH - who at the time was my boyfriend - passed out when I gave blood in college.

At Katie's next show, TKG will be demonstrating how to make finger sandwiches...

Let's go do that demo at the backwards place.

Jean DeVries said:
Precisely why, at my house, I refer to the implement as the "finger chopper offer thingie."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related to Need a Hug? - Supportive Community Here

1. Can I request a hug on this forum?

Yes, absolutely! We are a supportive community and we are always here to offer virtual hugs whenever you need one.

2. Why do people request hugs on this forum?

People request hugs on this forum for a variety of reasons, such as feeling down, stressed, overwhelmed, or just needing a little extra support and love. Whatever the reason may be, we are here to offer comfort and encouragement.

3. Is it okay to share personal struggles on this forum?

Yes, this forum is a safe space for sharing and connecting with others. We encourage members to open up and be vulnerable with one another, as it can be very therapeutic and help build a sense of community.

4. How do I respond to someone's hug request?

You can respond to a hug request by simply commenting on the post with your own message of support and sending virtual hugs. You can also offer advice or words of encouragement that may help the person through their struggle.

5. Can I request a hug for someone else?

Absolutely! We have a "Hug Requests for Others" thread where you can request hugs for friends, family, or anyone else in need of some extra love and support. We are all here to lift each other up and spread kindness and positivity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
Replies