• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Great Vanilla/White/Yellow Cake Recipe

In summary, Linda needs a vanilla type cake recipe that will stand up to being baked as a 12" round, 2 layer cake that will be fondant covered. She also needs a good recipe for a 9" cake that is fine, she can adjust the amounts for her pan.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Hey Everyone,

I need a great from scratch recipe for a vanilla type cake that will stand up to being baked as a 12" round (I have a baking core), 2 layer cake that will be fondant covered.

It will be the bottom layer of a 2 tier cake for a baby shower cake, and I would love a nice moist recipe. If you have a recipe for a 9" cake that is fine, I can adjust the amounts for my pan.

Thanks!

I don't have a recipe, but I just wanted to say again how great your cakes are! I made my first attempt at a 2 layer cake last night and it's not so pretty. Also, I hope my dad doesn't mind pink frosting and purple sugar sprinkles on his birthday cake cause thats all I had! LOL

I'm sure he'll love it! :). Who doesn't love sprinkles?!

I used to do decorated cakes all the time. Instead of doing the cakes from scratch, I use Pillsbury plus cake mix, and add 1 tbl almond flavoring. I would also beat it for a little longer than called for. And of course the big trick to set the timer for less, so that you pull it out when it just got done. Then I'd flip them out, wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze them while they were still hot. Locks in all the moisture. Everyone loved the tastes of my cake, they never knew they came from a box. The icing was always homemade though.

My friend is paying me to do this for a shower she is helping to host, so I really want it to be my best, and do something from scratch. Thanks for the tip though! It sounds a bit like the WASC cake.

My cake was good, it looked soooo sad when we cut it open. My dad just laughed at the pink frosting and purple sprinkles when I explained to him it was all I had in the house.

Bumping for a recipe! Please - someone out there must have a good one to share...

I think Betty Crocker makes a great one- sorry for the joke, couldn't resist. Can't help, I have never made a cake from scratch. Good luck!

I hava a really good recipe - somewhere!!! I can't find it. It's not vanilla, it's orange and it is SO good- I found it originally online - I'll search some more and post if I can find the same one. It was moist and sturdy enough for decorating. I made it for a baby shower cake last year. Usually I tend to make a pound cake recipe for decorated cakes.

Hey Linda, I'd love that recipe, but I still need a vanilla recipe - my friend requested that flavour (I had offered lemon). But please post that recipe!

I have a sweet tooth bug today and this thread has intensified it! I've been doing some searches for you (and me) - this one sounds pretty good and has good ratings too (ignore the ones from the people who can't seem to grasp how to cook...) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sara-moulton/classic-white-cake-recipe/reviews/index.html

Here is the recipe I use - it's from Swans Down Cake Flour. I was hoping it was on their site, because I didn't want to type it all out!:D:chef: And it was!

1-2-3-4 Cake

Cook Time:
25 to 30 minutes

The Ingredients:
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
3 cups sifted Swans Down Cake Flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Baking Instructions:

Cream butter. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Add eggs one at a time to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture alternately with milk and flavorings, beating after each addition until smooth. Baking: Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch layer pans, using about 2-1/3 cups batter in each pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans and finish cooling on racks.

Alternate Baking Pans Amount of Batter Baking Time

Two 9-inch square pans 3-1/2 cups each 40-45 minutes

13X9-inch plus 5 cups about 40 minutes

9-inch layer or 1 dozen cupcakes remainder 25 to 30 minutes

4 dozen paper-lined muffin pans pans half filled about 25 minutes

Note: If layers or cupcakes cannot be baked all at the same time, remaining batter may be held in refrigerator.

In high altitude areas, reduce baking powder to 2-1/2 teaspoons, and sugar to 1-1/2 cups; increase salt to 1 teaspoon, vanilla to 2 teaspoons and milk to 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons; substitute shortening for butter; bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.

A hint a pro cake decorator (past host of mine) gave me was to freeze the cake and decorate it frozen. It stays together really well and puts up with scraping off mistakes.
Of course, maybe I am the only one who has mispelled something on a cake. LOL

What is the best vanilla/white/yellow cake recipe for Pampered Chef products?

The best vanilla/white/yellow cake recipe for Pampered Chef products is the Classic Vanilla Cake recipe. It uses high-quality ingredients and is specifically designed to work well with our products.

Can I substitute ingredients in the cake recipe?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients in the cake recipe, but we cannot guarantee the same results. It is best to follow the recipe as closely as possible for the best outcome.

Can I use a different brand of vanilla extract for the recipe?

Yes, you can use a different brand of vanilla extract for the recipe. However, we recommend using a high-quality pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.

Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time. You can bake the cake layers in advance and freeze them until you are ready to assemble and decorate the cake.

What Pampered Chef products do I need to make this cake?

You will need the Classic Batter Bowl, Classic Batter Bowl Lid, Classic Batter Mixer, and the Medium Round Stone with Handles to make this cake. These products are specifically designed to work well with the recipe and make the baking process easier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedlinda