• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Football Cake Recipe for a Baby Shower

In summary, to make an Easy Football Cake for a Baby Shower, you will need a box of chocolate cake mix, chocolate frosting, white frosting, green food coloring, white chocolate chips, and a football-shaped cookie cutter. You can use any type of cake mix, but chocolate will give it a more authentic look. To make the football shape, bake the cake in a rectangular pan and use the cookie cutter to cut it out once cooled. The cake can be made ahead of time and decorated on the day of the shower with frosting and chocolate chips. Different colors and decorations can be used to match the theme of the shower.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Now that I know I'm making a football cake for my friend's baby shower, I need a good recipe. Something a little more than just a box, although probably not from scratch!

I have a friend who makes cakes for money. She has a very simple way to doctor up a box cake and it tastes FABULOUS and so rich! I'll email her and ask for the recipe (I want it anyway).

So my friend said it was just pudding and cake mix but she didn't write down the exact recipe she used. She said she found it on the internet....here is what I found:1 box cake mix
1 small box instant pudding (pair flavor with cake)
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup milk
4 eggsContinue according to package directions. Delicious every time, especially chocolate.-OR-1 cake mix,
1 small box of instant pudding,
4 eggs,
1 c H2O,
1/3 c oil. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes in 350 oven or until knife comes out clean.Some other recipes I found from the Cake Doctor:
http://www.cakemixdoctor.com/recipes/what_kind/cakes/incredible_melted_ice_cream_ca_1.php
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/the-doctor-is-in-714207/3/

Related to Easy Football Cake Recipe for a Baby Shower

What ingredients do I need to make an Easy Football Cake for a Baby Shower?

To make an Easy Football Cake for a Baby Shower, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 box of chocolate cake mix
  • 1 container of chocolate frosting
  • White frosting
  • Green food coloring
  • White chocolate chips
  • Football-shaped cookie cutter

Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix that you prefer. However, using a chocolate cake mix will give the cake a more authentic football look.

How do I make the football-shaped cake?

To make the football-shaped cake, you will need to bake the cake in a rectangular pan and then cut out the football shape using a football-shaped cookie cutter. Make sure the cake is completely cooled before attempting to cut it.

Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time. You can bake the cake and cut it into the football shape a day or two before the baby shower. Then, on the day of the shower, you can decorate the cake with the frosting and chocolate chips.

Can I use a different color for the frosting and decorations?

Yes, you can use any color you want for the frosting and decorations. If the baby shower has a specific color theme, you can use that color instead of green. You can also use different types of sprinkles or candies to decorate the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • wycohibito
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pmprdprettyinsnj
  • wadesgirl