• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Networking as a Working Stay-at-Home Mom

In summary, the group member is asking if she can do something online to promote her group, but is unsure about what is allowed. She is looking for advice on how to proceed.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I am a member of an online group of working stay at home moms. I know I can't list my website on their advertising, but I was wondering if I could do like an e-show or something to that effect. I am a little new to the networking thing and am unsure about what is allowed and what I can do online without getting into trouble.
Any help???

You could have a catalog show and email them to let them know about it. Individual emails with your link are allowed.

If you have a pc website, you can add the show to it then send an email to all your family and friends (or whomever). They place their orders online and you'll receive emails letting you know that the orders are there. You pick up the orders, put it in as a catalog show and that's it. It's easy and requires very little work on your part.

Since I am a member of this group, I don't have personal email addresses. I would have to put it up as a post like we post here.

Oh, I don't know about that. I think it is not allowed? I'd love to know too.

Is it not set up like this group or any of the other PC groups? We can send private messages and emails to members of these.

You could probably post that you are having a party and to email you if they want to be included.

I think you can mention the party but not include a link so you'd need to tell them to email you. Good luck.

Okay, but I thought we couldn't list on any online boards or profiles we are a PC consultant? *still confused*

From what I understand it wouldn't be legal per PC's rules.

If you are sending them a private message or email you are not posting on the board. If you are posting on the board you could say "I'm having a catalog show. Email me for details"...or something like that.

You don't have to say you are a consultant, just that you are having an online show. Once you get their contact info, then you can tell them.

Just wanted to mention to you all to make sure that it's okay with the board you are posting on. Even if you keep it generic to comply with PC's rules, you need to make sure you are not breaking the rules of your other board.

I did one of these and didn't realize I had "bent" the rules a little. All I mentioned was that you all may know I started a business (didn't say which) and I'm having a sale Friday, PM me if you are interested. I was a little embarassed to see the moderator wrote and said that I didn't break the rules, but here's what the rules are FYI. I was so embarrassed! I apologized as I didn't mean to offend anyone. I really think she just wanted to make sure I knew so I didn't try something bolder. Fortunately PC's rules don't let us!

1. How can I balance networking with my responsibilities as a stay-at-home mom?

As a working stay-at-home mom, it can be challenging to balance networking with your daily tasks and responsibilities. One way to manage this is by setting specific times for networking, such as during your child's nap time or after they have gone to bed. It's also important to communicate your schedule and availability with potential networking contacts so they can understand your limitations.

2. What are some effective ways to network as a stay-at-home mom?

Networking as a stay-at-home mom can be done in various ways, including joining online networking groups, attending local networking events, and reaching out to other stay-at-home moms or working parents in your community. You can also utilize social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, to connect with professionals in your field.

3. How can I make networking a priority while balancing my family and work life?

Making networking a priority may require some adjustments to your daily routine. Consider setting aside a specific time each week to focus on networking, such as dedicating one morning or afternoon to attending networking events or scheduling virtual meetings with potential contacts. It's also important to communicate with your family and involve them in your networking efforts, so they understand the importance of this for your career.

4. What are some networking tips specifically for stay-at-home moms?

Some networking tips for stay-at-home moms include staying organized and keeping track of your networking contacts, being proactive in reaching out and following up with potential connections, and being open to networking opportunities even if they don't seem directly related to your current career path. It's also essential to be confident in your skills and experiences as a working stay-at-home mom and to communicate them effectively during networking interactions.

5. How can I use my Pampered Chef business to network as a stay-at-home mom?

Your Pampered Chef business can be a valuable tool for networking as a stay-at-home mom. You can use it to connect with other working moms or parents, offer your products or services at networking events or social gatherings, and even collaborate with other entrepreneurs in your community. Additionally, attending Pampered Chef events and conferences can provide opportunities to network with other consultants and professionals in the direct sales industry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kmz4480
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babydollsmama
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • Jennifer Donoho