• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Sales: Networking Tips for Home-Based Businesses at Local Events

It's probably not a good idea to do that. She might be offended if she finds out.Just tell her you're sorry but you can't do it.
tinat51796
My show schedule and sales are really in a slump right now. I did a show today and when I left I had $30 in sales....that's not a good feeling!

I met a woman last week who is a Cookie Lee and Home Interiors consultant. I just received an email from her inviting me to an open house she's doing tomorrow. It's a "half price appetizers and Mother's Day sale" get together at Applebee's. I was thinking that if I went I could probably do some networking but I'm not sure if it's ok to do that. I obviously wouldn't want to take away from what she's doing but if I could make some contacts that lead to shows or sales that would really be helpful. What do you think? And how can I do it without taking away from her show? I really appreciate any ideas you guys can give me! thanks!

Is she giving out any kind of flyers or other info? Perhaps she would attach your business card. Why not just tell her that you are having a little trouble right now and does she have any ideas for you. She might give you a "plug" after she does her "speech". You never know.

I went to a friends Silpada Party for the networking. She knew that's what my business needed and she admitted thats why she invited me. If nothing else, the normal conversation that will happen will lead to what you do for work...and then you can be proud and say what you do! When I went I just brought business cards and my planner, which has a paper pad in it so I can write contact info on. I also bought from the show too, just to support the host!My second thought was "I wanna do a half price Mother's Day sale!" And I think I'm going to!

I would call or email her and ask her what it is all about - ask her if you could network, work your business or was she inviting you as a guest not a fellow DS person - you never know until you ask directly

just remember if you offer a half price sale and everyone takes you up on it..... that could get very expensive. Are you in a place to pay 1/2 of 2 guests cookware sets, etc....It sounds like a good way to jumpstart a business but if you invite true bargain hunters that could come back to bite you.

PamperedDor said:
I would call or email her and ask her what it is all about - ask her if you could network, work your business or was she inviting you as a guest not a fellow DS person - you never know until you ask directly

I emailed her last night after I got her email but I haven't heard back from her yet.

Teresa Lynn said:
just remember if you offer a half price sale and everyone takes you up on it..... that could get very expensive. Are you in a place to pay 1/2 of 2 guests cookware sets, etc....

It sounds like a good way to jumpstart a business but if you invite true bargain hunters that could come back to bite you.
I think it's just the appetizers that are half price and she's just offering some sort of sale on the jewelry. I know there's no way that I could offer a half price sale. You're right, that could get really pricy!!

Sorry, I was referring to Kristi's post. I read her post to mean she was going to offer PC to her customers at 50% for Mother's Day.

Just make sure it is OK with her. I had my customer appreciation reception at my house Friday and two of my past hosts showed up who are both MK consultants. One never even mentioned her business to anyone else, the other talked to everyone there and gave out her card. My other guests were clearly annoyed with her. But I think the difference was, this was a Pampered Chef event, and I had not invited anyone else to be there. What I would do in your case is if you have a PC t-shirt or other clothing, I would wear it, and if anyone asked you about it, you do the Ilene Meckley line:
"Could I get your number and call you back at a more appropriate time?"
dja

I have a question along the same lines...What if I rented out the meeting room at say, Round Table and invited some people and maybe put a few flyers/bulletins up...would that be allowed? I was just thinking that maybe people would be more likely to show up there then come to a stranger's home?

1. What are some effective ways to network at local events?

Some effective ways to network at local events include setting up a booth or table to showcase your products, actively engaging with potential customers and other vendors, offering samples or demos, and exchanging business cards or contact information.

2. How can I make my booth stand out at a local event?

To make your booth stand out at a local event, consider using eye-catching displays, offering interactive activities or games, having a visually appealing product display, and providing promotional materials or giveaways.

3. What should I include in my elevator pitch when networking at local events?

Your elevator pitch should include a brief overview of your business, what makes your products unique, and how they can benefit potential customers. It should also include a call to action, such as inviting them to visit your booth or visit your website for more information.

4. How can I follow up with potential customers after a local event?

After a local event, it is important to follow up with potential customers to keep the connection going. This can be done through email, social media, or phone calls. Consider offering a special discount or promotion as a way to entice them to make a purchase.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when networking at local events?

Some common mistakes to avoid when networking at local events include being too pushy or aggressive, not actively listening to potential customers, not having enough promotional materials or business cards, and not following up with potential leads after the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
Replies
Views
accooks13