• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Do? Tips for Boosting Sales After a Disappointing Show

but if she doesn't have them, you can't do the show). Second, she'll need to agree to have you host the show and to give you first pick of the recipes.
Jennie4PC
I just closed a show that was 1 1/2 hrs away, When I was doing host coaching calls she told me there were going to be like 10 people there well there was only 5 and when I left her show it was only $80 in sales. When I got home I called her and told her if she could get it to $600 in sales I would give her the round up trivet for free. Well she didnt hit the $600 but her order helped commisionalble sales at $300. She has a friend who wants to book a show she claims she knows alot of people in her town my problem is should I take the show but try making her guarentee it will be atleast $500 in sales (which I know she cant guarantee) or give it to one of my cluster mates who lives close to me but is so willing to travel the distance? My DH doesnt really want me to travel that far cause of gas and haing to pay a babysitter. Part of me wants to take the show but another part wants me to give it away. And I did ask her if she would like to become a consultant she is a former consultant from several yrs back

You could ask her if she wants to do a catalog show.

This is where you will have to really stop and consider things. Like the "cost" of doing her show...
You say it's an hour and a half away from you, so that's 3 hours of driving time. OK...how much gasoline will it cost you?
If you have to hire a babysitter, how long would you have to hire them for? I would think at least 5-6 hours.
Now, compare that time factor, plus these costs, to what your commission will be on the show, if, say, it's only a $300 show. (or worse!!)

OK, now consider this...

Could you possibly get two shows scheduled on the SAME day in that area? You may not have realized it, but you might be able to actually do Two shows!! I've done it, with one show held around noon, the other in the evening. In my case, they were about an hour's drive from each other, and I was actually able to come home in between, load the dishwasher, sit down and eat a yogurt, pack the products again, and go!!

If the shows could be done on the same day, in the same town, you'd need to allow time to wash dishes at the first show's home, re-pack, and drive to the second home. The key here is to be sure you're doing the SAME RECIPE at each home!! Also, I'd recommend you have a second tote packed in your car with folders for the second show, so that you can easily switch totes in between shows.

If the idea of two shows doesn't appeal to you, I'd strongly consider letting it go to the Consultant who WANTS to go to that area. I mean, if there's bookings, you're going to have to keep doing this. Is that something you really want? Especially if your husband isn't too keen on the idea!

A lot to think about.

If you DO decide to go ahead and do it, and only do one show, I think I'd at least get the guest list, mail the invitations for her show, and coach her to get at least $150 to $200 in outside orders to you BEFORE the show, along with payment. At least this way you are guaranteed a show!!

Best wishes to you! I hope all this helps you, at least a little!!

Paula

You could also try the mega show idea. One location, one demo, 2-4 hosts, people either place the host name on their order forms or you use colored OOFs for each host, and this way you should hopefully get enough in sales to justify a show.

tlennhoff said:
You could also try the mega show idea. One location, one demo, 2-4 hosts, people either place the host name on their order forms or you use colored OOFs for each host, and this way you should hopefully get enough in sales to justify a show.

That would definitely be another choice! After all is said and done, it is ultimately YOUR business, and YOUR decision! I hope that these points will all be things that will help you in your choices!!

Wishing you the best!!

Paula

There is nothing wrong with telling her that this is your business and you would love to do her show but you'll need two things from her before you do an actual cooking show. First, she'll need $200 in orders before you get there (I'd ask for them over the phone so that it isn't the case of she's sure she'll have them or is counting people that are planning to come). You also need at least 10 buying ADULTS confirmed. This leaves a little room but make 5 seem not so good. You can tell her that people that what to come but can't buy and more than welcome, but this is solely to ensure that your babysitter can get paid at the end of the night too.Let her know that if she doesn't have $200 in outside orders and expects fewer than 10 guests, that you can change it to a catalog show at that point. She'll either make SURE that she has this or she'll do the catalog. If she's not willing, then why should you be? Easier said than done, but it's a sacrifice for you. It could be GREAT, but it could be another $300 show.

If you decide to do 2 shows in one day and are worried about the products being washed, here is what was suggested to me. Tell the people at show number one that you do have another later that day and you have something a little extra for someone who is willing the help wash the products after the show while you are taking orders. That will decrease the time spent there. I have done that and to be honest the person who did because she is wanted to help and really didn't care about the free Seasson's Best.

My Director lives about an hour and a half away from me (almost two actually.) Two years ago she did my show and did not "seem" to mind the drive at all. I didn't give her any guarantees either, I think if she would have given me instructions to have a certain number of orders I would have cancelled it. :) 1/2 of the people at my show had never heard of Pampered Chef and were thrilled with the show and the products and wanted to hosts shows of their own. Most of my guests wanted to do their shows in Spanish but my Director didn't have anyone on her team that could do it, so I signed up! Just because no one could fill that need and ofcourse I wanted the kit! I figured I would just do those shows and I would be done. Well when all was said and done I had done over 20 shows in my 90 days, got my 2% increase as I sold over $15K and got 9 bonus PLUS packages! I became a Director in my 9th month. She says she never regrets making that long drive! I think that if you are ready to go to the next level you have to take chances. If you do make the drive do it with the mentality that you are going to recruit someone there and grow a bigger team and move up. Tell them that the fact that you've had to drive an hour and half twice now tells you that there is a need in that area and someone there can reap the benefits of having all that business for themselves. Imagine having your very own Director there! You can make it happen.

Thanks for all your advise I still havent decided what to do yet but I do need to get on the phone and call her tomorrow.

I think you already have a lot of good advice here, I would just add that if it were me and I was going to do it, I would get a guest list up front and mail the invites. Then at least you know what you're dealing with ahead of time, and you have a guarantee that the invites get sent out.

my director also suggested that I get thier phone #'s and call them and remind them of the show that way I will know 1) if she did send the invites
2) a good guest count.

Addie4TLC said:
Well when all was said and done I had done over 20 shows in my 90 days, got my 2% increase as I sold over $15K and got 9 bonus PLUS packages! I became a Director in my 9th month. She says she never regrets making that long drive!
Holy canoli, that's awesome!!!! Woo hoooo!!! YES, never underestimate what kinds of leads you might get...even from the small shows. I too just had a show 1 1/2 hours away. ANd that host is also planning to sign. I'm so excited for HER and the fact that I probably won't have to drive down there for a show again (except for her 1st show if she wants me there).:)

Congratulations Becky!! Hope she's your next superstar!! To think I was only in it for the kit and now my goal is to quit my full time job and be home with my kids. Everything happened so fast for me. Knowing that there were so few consultants in my area (none in the Hispanic Market!) and that I would be Director #5 in all of the Hispanic market world wide blew my mind. Next time you talk to her tell her about the potential in her area.

Related to What Would You Do? Tips for Boosting Sales After a Disappointing Show

What are some tips for boosting sales after a disappointing show?

1. Follow up with potential customers: Reach out to anyone who expressed interest in your products during the show and offer them a special promotion or discount to encourage them to make a purchase.

2. Utilize social media: Post about your products and any upcoming shows or events on social media to reach a wider audience. You can also create targeted ads to attract potential customers.

3. Offer incentives to your host: If you had a host for the disappointing show, offer them a special discount or free product for booking another show or referring new customers to you.

4. Host a virtual show: Consider hosting a virtual show for those who may not have been able to attend the in-person event. This allows for a wider reach and the convenience of shopping from home.

5. Provide exceptional customer service: Make sure to provide excellent customer service to all potential and current customers. This will help build a positive reputation and encourage customers to return for future purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Laura4
Replies
Views
linojackie
  • lauradahl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila