• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Before You Bless and Release?

In summary, a consultant is struggling to get in touch with a potential host who expressed interest in hosting a show but is not responding to calls. The consultant has left multiple messages and the potential host has not returned any calls. The consultant is wondering when to give up and how many times to call before it is considered stalking. Other consultants suggest using different methods of contact and keeping a record of the days and times of calls. Ultimately, the consultant should not invest too much energy into someone who is not returning their calls.
jenwallace
Gold Member
I have an outside order customer from a July show. She told the host and checked on her online order that she wanted to host a show soon. I called probably twice before I got her. SHe was headed out the door, call me tomorrow night. That was about a month ago. I have left probably 3 mor messages both on her machine and with her husband. She won't return my calls. She's a sales consultant with another direct sales company, so you would think she would understand the drill.

NOrmally, I wouldn't give her this much energy, but she told me personally that she definitely wants to have a show. So, my question, when do I give up? How many times do I call before it's considered stalking? :)

3 strikesand you're out! I usually call 3 times and if I don't get a response I just forget it. They definitely have my number, email, website, cell number so they can contact me if they need to. LOL

Lots of people say they want to host a show and then disappear. They vanish without a trace. :confused:

Debbie :D

I agree with Debbie for the most part. But if you get the feeling that she really wanted a show, you can always add her to the "once a month" email list. That way you are keeping your name in front of her incase she ever does decide to do a show.

I definitely agree with Debbie. We have a business. Our time is worth something too. You have to remember this. If they really want a show they would have returned a phone call. It is not a priority for this potential host. I would erase her name from your list. Do you really want to work with someone like this? There are many others you will meet that are worthy of your time.

Just do the "last resort call" Give her a call and say something like "you must be as busy as I have been and I know how much you really wanted to have a Pampered Chef show. My schedule is really starting to fill up and if you are still interested in booking a show please give me a call. I know your time is valuable and mine is too and if I don't hear from you by tomorrow evening I will need to remove you from my list." Sometimes they call back and s=most times they don't. Nature of the beast. I know it is SOOOO HARD to release those that might "eventually" do something. Very Frustrating but move on and don't waste any more time on her. I need to now follow my own advice. GRRR :)

jenwallace said:
I have an outside order customer from a July show. She told the host and checked on her online order that she wanted to host a show soon. I called probably twice before I got her. SHe was headed out the door, call me tomorrow night. That was about a month ago. I have left probably 3 mor messages both on her machine and with her husband. She won't return my calls. She's a sales consultant with another direct sales company, so you would think she would understand the drill.

NOrmally, I wouldn't give her this much energy, but she told me personally that she definitely wants to have a show. So, my question, when do I give up? How many times do I call before it's considered stalking? :)

jenwallace said:
She's a sales consultant with another direct sales company, so you would think she would understand the drill.

The drill is that the ball is always in YOUR court! It is YOUR responsibility to call her back. This is your business, you take charge! She is not obligated to return your call.

Lyn Conway says it take 5-12 contacts for someone to say yes. You've talked to her only ONCE! I would keep trying!

Another idea for you....
keep a record of the days of the week, as well as the time of day you're calling her. Maybe you'll see a pattern, and can find a different time to call and actually "catch" her at home. Also, if you talk to the husband again, ask him WHEN is a good time to reach her. Sometimes they can help with that as well...

Best of luck to you!
Paula

I'd call her from a different phone to see if she's avoiding you with caller ID.

Bobby

I'm in the same type of situation. I have a woman that approached me at my kid's music lessions. She told me she noticed my catalog tote and knows I sell PC and she would like to have a show. She booked for Sept. 7th. I still don't have an invite list from her. She does return my calls and tells me how busy she's been and she'll get it to me "tomorrow." I asked her to e-mail the list to me by yesterday the very latest and she said it would be no problem. PS, still no list. At this point it is so close to the party date she won't be giving her guests enough time to schedule being there and it's too late for me to shedule a show with somebody else. It's just soooo frustrating!!!

I had a guest who was very interested in the opportunity and booked a show.

When I called for host coaching she never answered. Then about the 5th try she did answer (I had called at all different times but it turns out she sysa Sunday morning is the best for her - I NEVER call people then!). We discussed the recipe and in the conversation she mentioned that she had been on the PC website and had filled out the agreement but stopped at payment. She said she still wanted to do the show.

Well, she didn't answer the phone a couple more times (it would have been ONE call if she did!) but after all we did the show. She used the FPV to buy down the kit and booked her friends in attendance as her first shows and then sent in her agreement as soon as the show was accepted.

You never know what's going on with people so I wouldn't give up. That being said, after several tries I do ask them if they will please let me know if they are no longer interested so I can stop using my time to try to contact them and so I stop filling their voice mail. That usually works.

I generally try to get hold of someone a few times over the course of several days. In my last message, I say something along the lines of:When we talked, you seemed to be really excited about ____________. I know we all get really busy. I don't want to become a "Pampered Pest," but I also don't want you to miss out. I'll continue to try to catch up with you unless you ask me not to. I look forward to talking with you soon.After that, I'll call once a week for a few weeks. Then I call once a month or so. I really don't stop calling completely. I used to, but I've had a couple of people express gratitude that I didn't give up on them.

Thought I'd add another little thing I do with contacts like this.I have a folder where I keep my "contact occasionally" information. On those days when I don't have a long list of calls to make, I'll pull a few out. After making my call (and noting the date and time on the contact sheet), I put it at the back of the folder.

DebbieJ said:
The drill is that the ball is always in YOUR court! It is YOUR responsibility to call her back. This is your business, you take charge! She is not obligated to return your call.

Lyn Conway says it take 5-12 contacts for someone to say yes. You've talked to her only ONCE! I would keep trying!

When I heard her give this statistic - it totally changed my thinking on contacting people!

I had an outside order who had checked that she wanted to do a catalog show - I called and called - left a ton of messages, and totally felt like a stalker! I finally got her on the phone one day - and her first words to me were "Oh, Becky! Thanks for being persistent!" She had a $350 catalog show w/ a booking for a Bridal Shower!

It's not their job to call us - it's our job to call them!

ChefBeckyD said:
When I heard her give this statistic - it totally changed my thinking on contacting people!

I had an outside order who had checked that she wanted to do a catalog show - I called and called - left a ton of messages, and totally felt like a stalker! I finally got her on the phone one day - and her first words to me were "Oh, Becky! Thanks for being persistent!" She had a $350 catalog show w/ a booking for a Bridal Shower!

It's not their job to call us - it's our job to call them!
Well said!!

raebates said:
I generally try to get hold of someone a few times over the course of several days. In my last message, I say something along the lines of:

When we talked, you seemed to be really excited about ____________. I know we all get really busy. I don't want to become a "Pampered Pest," but I also don't want you to miss out. I'll continue to try to catch up with you unless you ask me not to. I look forward to talking with you soon.

After that, I'll call once a week for a few weeks. Then I call once a month or so. I really don't stop calling completely. I used to, but I've had a couple of people express gratitude that I didn't give up on them.
Rae, your words are very similar to what I say. Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks guys. I won't give up on her. I like the "Pampered Pest" line. I definately have to use that.

Chef Bobby said:
I'd call her from a different phone to see if she's avoiding you with caller ID.

Bobby
OR...just hit *67 and it will block your number.

I have this little booklet that I really like to refer to - its called "The Tyranny of The Urgent". Now it's mostly talking about our spiritual lives - but the principles in it can be applied to every part of our lives.
Basically, it talks about the difference between the "important" things in our lives, and the "urgent" things - and how we let the urgent things control us and control our time. Like letting a deadline at work take precedence over spending time with your kids, or letting a messy house become more important than your devotional time...etc........

I often think of this principle when I am making phone calls to people who have said they want to do shows. The desire is probably still there, but having a PC show, or even returning a phone call, is not on the "urgent" list, and therefore doesn't get done without some prompting from me as the consultant. I have found that most of the time, if I can get them to put a date on their calendar, and get a guest list to me - the show becomes more of a priority.......just keep working to get them to that point!

Good points Becky.

That urgent vs. important concept is part of the Franklin Covey planning system. I had their workshop at conference a couple of years ago, and part that opened my eyes was the quadrants.

Draw a square, and divide it into 4 squares. The 2 on the left are Urgent. The 2 on the right are Not Urgent. The 2 on the top are Important. The 2 on the bottom are Not Important. (So top left is Urgent and Important, bottom right is not urgent and not important - got it?) True time-wasters like TV go into the bottom right, crises usually end up in the lower right (because they're rarely important to you, but are urgent). You should be spending most of your effort in the upper right area (Important, not urgent). That will help keep things from becoming urgent.

They explained it a lot better. :rolleyes:

Mail her the host specials for Sept, Oct., Nov. Then try her again in a few weeks.

The Lyn Conway statistic is soooo right! I will call a few times in the month right after they say they want a show. Then after that I call once a month saying something like, "This is our special for hosts this month... if it sounds good to you, give me a call and we'll set a date for your show." I did this with one host and called her every month for a year. After a year she went into the trash. The first month that I didn't call her, she called to set her date. She said that she promised me she would do a show and really appreciated me calling and then when I didn't she felt bad so she called me. It was a great show too!

One thing I always say to my team if they think they are calling too much and think they are stalking is, "Do you remember who called YOU last Thursday at 3pm?" They always say no. Don't think you're calling too much. If you actually are, they will tell you!

My upline related this to us: If we are leaving a message and there are two people in the house, the person we leave a message for has a 50% chance of getting it. If there are 3 people, they have a 33% chance. If there are 4 people, a 25% chance. You see where this goes. The potential host might not always be getting the message (so to speak.) And with caller ID, don't call and not leave a message. Just say something like, "Gosh! We missed each other again!!!" It's rude not to leave a mesage.

This is the last thing I'll mention... we have to keep in mind that we are not a priority for people. No one wakes up in the morning and leaps out of bed to say, "I need to call my PC consultant! I need to have a show!!!" If they did, our businesses would be much different! Consider this scenario... the mom comes home and has 10 minutes to get the kids to soccer. There are 3 messages on her voicemail. The first is her mom, the second is her kid's school calling and the third is me. She has 10 minutes. Who is she going to call back first? NOT ME!!!! That's why it's our job to keep calling until we get an answer.

Do not ever stop trying!!I have a past guest who said she really wanted to do a show with me. Tried calling, emailing, sending post cards, etc. She finally booked a show - it only took her 6 months to find a date that would work for her!;) My point, is like everyone else said if they said yes, keep following up. Sometimes you just have to try different things to keep your name in front of them. Good Luck!:)

On one of my tele conference calls the facilitator recommended this suggestion -

"Tag you are it call me back and you will receive a free gift".

When they call her back she sends them a SB or presents a gift at that show.

Thanks for all the great ideas! I'm gong to try some of them!

BethCooks4U said:
Rae, your words are very similar to what I say. Thanks for sharing!!

I probably "borrowed" them from you at some point. :angel:

finley1991 said:
This is the last thing I'll mention... we have to keep in mind that we are not a priority for people. No one wakes up in the morning and leaps out of bed to say, "I need to call my PC consultant! I need to have a show!!!" If they did, our businesses would be much different! Consider this scenario... the mom comes home and has 10 minutes to get the kids to soccer. There are 3 messages on her voicemail. The first is her mom, the second is her kid's school calling and the third is me. She has 10 minutes. Who is she going to call back first? NOT ME!!!! That's why it's our job to keep calling until we get an answer.

Ummm, I did. :eek:

I agree that it is your job to get in touch with people. Sometimes, they have changed their mind, held a different home party, found another PC consultant and they will NOT be holding a show with you. However, just as often, people have just gotten too busy and it's not the right time - they're on vacation, starting a new job, kids starting soccer. Eventually, they will host a show.

I tend to call three times and keep them on my monthly email newsletter list. Then, after the third call, I file them into a folder of the month that I plan to call. It's usually seasonal. So, at the end of the summer, after school starts, after the holidays, before schools out, etc. I think people's schedules ebb and flow such that eventually it will be the right time....

jenwallace said:

Julie Weitz says you keep calling until they tell you to stop. That is your business ethics.

You could say to her if you can not get a hold of her....

Hello this is Susie from for the Pampered Chef. I am sorry I missed you again, I would love to get together with you to talk more about a show. If you could please give me a call at 555-555-5555 that would be great.
And this is the key to the call.....
"I also will keep trying you until we connect."

Now... that being said, she will most likely call you back one of these times because you already told her you will keep calling until you get to talk to her.
I started doing this with all my craft call follow up's and I actually have had better luck with weeding out the "I can't say no to her's." (or hims) (I really havn't had much hims though)

Hope that helps.
Schel

1. How long do I need to wait before I can bless and release my Pampered Chef products?

The recommended waiting period before blessing and releasing your Pampered Chef products is at least 24 hours after receiving them. This allows enough time for any potential shipping or handling damages to be identified and resolved.

2. What does it mean to "bless and release" Pampered Chef products?

Blessing and releasing your Pampered Chef products refers to the act of opening and inspecting them upon arrival, ensuring they are in good condition and ready for use. This step is important for both customer satisfaction and product quality control.

3. Do I need to bless and release every Pampered Chef product I receive?

Yes, it is recommended to bless and release every Pampered Chef product you receive, regardless of the type or size. This ensures that any potential issues are identified and resolved before use.

4. Can I bless and release my Pampered Chef products before the recommended 24-hour waiting period?

While it is not recommended, you may choose to bless and release your Pampered Chef products before the 24-hour waiting period. However, it is important to thoroughly inspect the products for any damages or defects before use.

5. What should I do if I find a problem with my Pampered Chef product during the blessing and releasing process?

If you encounter any issues or damages with your Pampered Chef product during the blessing and releasing process, please contact our customer service team immediately for assistance. We are committed to ensuring customer satisfaction and will work to resolve any problems as quickly as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • KaiKendall