• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Love This Idea- Retirement Homes

Independent Living to Level 4 care (like a nursing home would be.)Not all retirement homes are for people with low income. Many are "senior-living" facilities that allow older folks to hang around w/ people their age and to have all the resources they need right on-site (hairdresser, etc.) Many of those places are
Yakmama
I was reading the list of 119 things to do to boost your business (thanks so much to the lady who posted it!) and I LOVE the idea of doing Christmas shows at retirement homes.

I just left messages with several in my area and will follow up tomorrow. One lady I spoke to thought it was a great idea- but her residents don't have kitchen facilities in their apartments- just a main dining room- so she thinks the sales would be really low. I might convince her to let me come anyways for the "Christmas shopping" aspect of it.

It makes sense- the people in retirement homes usually have a difficult time getting out to do their holiday shopping in the middle of winter. Why not bring the shopping to them! :)

Note: Don't call nursing homes- there is a big difference between a retirement/independent living home and a nursing home.

I think they would greatly appreciate the opportunity to shop for family (especially if you offer some gift combo ideas), but I'm hesitant about how much disposable income they have. Many retirement homes cost the residents quite a bit of their income (trying not to editorialize, but it's usually a hefty sum every month plus a six-figure entrance fee). Please share how it goes!

I would be concerned too about the lack of money they would have to spend since they pay so much to live in places like that. It's a great idea and service you are offering.

Good luck and do share how it goes.

I'm trying to be careful about that- but i think our products are pretty affordable- and I had a friend that used to waitress at a restaurant at a retirement community and she made BOATLOADS in tips. The people who lived at that particular complex were very wealthy and had lots of disposable income. I'll make sure with the recreation director that they think it's ok first.

and for those who didn't realize- our catalog has over 170 items that are $15 or less. Always a good plug for Christmas ideas. Think outside the box for those multi-use products too, giving them lots of options. (I'm learning those things- so can't offer much as far as specifics...sorry. :( )

Not all retirement homes are for people with low income. Many are "senior-living" facilities that allow older folks to hang around w/ people their age and to have all the resources they need right on-site (hairdresser, etc.) Many of those places are actually for higher-income retirees.

Hathery said:
Not all retirement homes are for people with low income. Many are "senior-living" facilities that allow older folks to hang around w/ people their age and to have all the resources they need right on-site (hairdresser, etc.) Many of those places are actually for higher-income retirees.

Yes - DH is the Maintenance Director for a Senior Living Center. They have all levels of care, from Independent Living to Level 4 care (like a nursing home would be.)
I've never done a show for the residents there though.

1. What is "Love This Idea- Retirement Homes"?

"Love This Idea- Retirement Homes" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that aims to provide cooking demonstrations and meal solutions to residents in retirement homes. Our goal is to make mealtime easier, more enjoyable, and more nutritious for seniors living in retirement homes.

2. How does this program benefit retirement home residents?

This program benefits retirement home residents in several ways. Firstly, it provides them with delicious and nutritious meal options that are specially designed for their dietary needs. Secondly, it offers cooking demonstrations and tips to help them make the most out of their meals. Lastly, it also provides them with a fun and social activity to participate in with their fellow residents.

3. Can retirement home staff participate in this program?

Absolutely! We welcome retirement home staff to join in on the cooking demonstrations and learn new recipes and techniques that they can use to prepare meals for the residents. We believe that involving the staff can help create a more positive and inclusive mealtime experience for everyone.

4. How often are the cooking demonstrations held?

The frequency of the cooking demonstrations can vary depending on the specific retirement home and its residents' needs. However, typically, we aim to hold demonstrations at least once a month to ensure a consistent and enjoyable experience for the residents.

5. How can I sign up my retirement home for this program?

To sign up your retirement home for "Love This Idea- Retirement Homes," please contact your local Pampered Chef representative. They will be able to provide you with more information and help you schedule a demonstration for your residents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • sillylittlechef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcchris
  • AlowayFamily