• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Very First Fund-Raiser - a Success!

In summary, the individual had decided to go for the incentive trip this year and stepped out of their comfort zone. They asked the teachers at their son's preschool for a fundraiser and gave them catalogues and order forms. The fundraiser was successful, with a total of $1185 raised in just 2 days. The individual is also planning a fundraiser for their son's preschool in September.
Marg
So, I have decided that I really want the incentive trip this year. So I am trying to step out of my comfort zone.
I decided (pretty spur of the moment) to ask the teachers at my son's preschool if they would be interested in a fundraiser for the school. I made up a poster and gave the school a stack of catalogues and order forms (there are about 70 families) and included a sheet that had a little blurb about how to contact me, what the school would get etc.
It was thrown together in about 2 days (I wanted to do it in February, so I'd get double points) and I gave them until Monday, the 27th to submit orders.
I thought that if I even got $500, that would be great for something thrown together on the fly.
I submitted that show yesterday - a total of $1185! I was pleasantly surprised and the school was impressed with how much money they'd get (I decided to throw in some of my commission)
We're talking about making this a yearly event. :D
So, once again, don't have any pre-conceived notions - you never know what will happen!

Congratulations Marg!

I am also doing my first fundraiser for my son's preschool right now. There are about 90 families, and I'm doing a combination catalog show/cooking show. The cooking show is scheduled for mid-March. We'll see how it goes...good to hear that yours went well for a spur of the moment thing!

Doing my first fundraiserYou wrote a cover letter. What did you say? I do not know how much to put in. I do not want to make it to long. This is strange. But I have a whole PTA that wants to order and they want the school to get the money. Which is find with me. But they just want to order and I want to make it short. Next Sept. I am doing a fundraiser for my sons pre school also. So this will practice for me.

Church kitchen showI'm doing a kitchen show at a church that had recently burned to the ground. They now have a new church built, and the minister's wife is inviting 65 women (church members) to a cooking show to earn tools for the kitchen. We are making up a wish board, similar to a bridal show, where people can buy an item for the church or make a donation, and buy for themselves. Any suggestions on what I should fix? I thought about tuxedo brownies, having most of them premade, and demonstrating how to finish off just a few. Also, I was thinking about having a vegi pizza made and demonstrating one. Anybody have any ideas on recipes or how to make this run smoothly? Thank you!!!!!

This is what the letter looked like:
Pampered Chef Fundraiser for Name of the Organization
Upgrade your kitchen and support Name of Organization at the same time!​

$0.20 from every dollar you spend (before shipping and taxes) will go directly to Name of Organization for give examples here

Just follow these three easy steps:
1. Take a catalogue home and share it with your family, neighbours and friends.
2. Collect orders and return them to the Organization with payment - we accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Cheque (made payable to _______) or cash.
3. All orders must be received by whatever the date is.

You may also order on-line at www.pamperedchef.biz/whatever and enter whatever you have the show listed at.

Please feel free to contact me, Suzy Consultant if you have any questions. You may reach me by telephone, at 123-456-7890 or vial email at [email protected]

Thank you for your support!​

I think the brownies and other bite-sized items would be best!

Thanks, Marg for adding that. It's just what I was trying to come with for my Daycare fundraisers!

Last edited:
Marg said:
So, I have decided that I really want the incentive trip this year. So I am trying to step out of my comfort zone.
I decided (pretty spur of the moment) to ask the teachers at my son's preschool if they would be interested in a fundraiser for the school. I made up a poster and gave the school a stack of catalogues and order forms (there are about 70 families) and included a sheet that had a little blurb about how to contact me, what the school would get etc.
It was thrown together in about 2 days (I wanted to do it in February, so I'd get double points) and I gave them until Monday, the 27th to submit orders.
I thought that if I even got $500, that would be great for something thrown together on the fly.
I submitted that show yesterday - a total of $1185! I was pleasantly surprised and the school was impressed with how much money they'd get (I decided to throw in some of my commission)
We're talking about making this a yearly event. :D
So, once again, don't have any pre-conceived notions - you never know what will happen!

That's great Marg!! I have also decided to step out of my comfort zone and try some new things this year. Would you happen to have a copy of the poster you did that you are willing to share? :D

Thank you for the letter and the ideas. I hope I make work out. Everyone is so nice. :) This should be fun.

Here is the letter, explanation flyer, instruction sheet and order form that I use. I have hosted 4 very successful fundraisers in the the past 6 months.

Attachments

• Fundraiser overview.doc
    26 KB · Views: 560
  • fundraiser profit breakdown.doc
    27 KB · Views: 479
  • FundraisingOrderCollectionInstructions[2].doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 462
  • HBA Try Me Flyer.doc
    24 KB · Views: 522
  • FR Order form.doc
    246 KB · Views: 400

1. What is the "My Very First Fund-Raiser - a Success!" program?

The "My Very First Fund-Raiser - a Success!" program is a fundraising opportunity offered by Pampered Chef for individuals or organizations looking to raise money for a cause. It allows participants to host a virtual or in-person cooking show and earn a percentage of the sales as a donation towards their cause.

2. How can I sign up for the "My Very First Fund-Raiser - a Success!" program?

To sign up for the program, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant in your area. They will guide you through the process of setting up and hosting your fundraiser.

3. What are the benefits of participating in the "My Very First Fund-Raiser - a Success!" program?

Aside from raising money for a cause, participants also have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products from Pampered Chef. It also allows individuals to showcase our high-quality kitchen products to their friends and family while supporting a good cause.

4. Can I choose which products will be featured in my fundraiser?

Yes, you can work with your consultant to select the products that will be featured in your fundraiser. We offer a wide range of kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items to choose from.

5. How much money can I expect to raise with the "My Very First Fund-Raiser - a Success!" program?

The amount of money raised will vary depending on the number of guests and sales made during the fundraiser. However, on average, participants can expect to earn 10-15% of the total sales as a donation towards their cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• patty42240
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Alison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • I Have the Tools