1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser My very first fund-raiser - a success!

1. Marg

Marg Advanced Member

So, I have decided that I really want the incentive trip this year. So I am trying to step out of my comfort zone.
    I decided (pretty spur of the moment) to ask the teachers at my son's preschool if they would be interested in a fundraiser for the school. I made up a poster and gave the school a stack of catalogues and order forms (there are about 70 families) and included a sheet that had a little blurb about how to contact me, what the school would get etc.
    It was thrown together in about 2 days (I wanted to do it in February, so I'd get double points) and I gave them until Monday, the 27th to submit orders.
    I thought that if I even got $500, that would be great for something thrown together on the fly.
    I submitted that show yesterday - a total of $1185! I was pleasantly surprised and the school was impressed with how much money they'd get (I decided to throw in some of my commission)
    We're talking about making this a yearly event. :D
    So, once again, don't have any pre-conceived notions - you never know what will happen!

Mar 1, 2006
  2. cat

cat Veteran Member Gold Member

Congratulations Marg!

I am also doing my first fundraiser for my son's preschool right now. There are about 90 families, and I'm doing a combination catalog show/cooking show. The cooking show is scheduled for mid-March. We'll see how it goes...good to hear that yours went well for a spur of the moment thing!

Mar 1, 2006
  3. Anna Maria

Anna Maria Guest

Doing my first fundraiser

You wrote a cover letter. What did you say? I do not know how much to put in. I do not want to make it to long. This is strange. But I have a whole PTA that wants to order and they want the school to get the money. Which is find with me. But they just want to order and I want to make it short. Next Sept. I am doing a fundraiser for my sons pre school also. So this will practice for me.

Mar 1, 2006
  4. karenschulte

karenschulte Gold Member

Church kitchen show

I'm doing a kitchen show at a church that had recently burned to the ground. They now have a new church built, and the minister's wife is inviting 65 women (church members) to a cooking show to earn tools for the kitchen. We are making up a wish board, similar to a bridal show, where people can buy an item for the church or make a donation, and buy for themselves. Any suggestions on what I should fix? I thought about tuxedo brownies, having most of them premade, and demonstrating how to finish off just a few. Also, I was thinking about having a vegi pizza made and demonstrating one. Anybody have any ideas on recipes or how to make this run smoothly? Thank you!!!!!

Mar 1, 2006
  5. Marg

Marg Advanced Member

This is what the letter looked like:
    Pampered Chef Fundraiser for Name of the Organization
    Upgrade your kitchen and support Name of Organization at the same time!​

$0.20 from every dollar you spend (before shipping and taxes) will go directly to Name of Organization for give examples here

Just follow these three easy steps:
    1. Take a catalogue home and share it with your family, neighbours and friends.
    2. Collect orders and return them to the Organization with payment - we accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Cheque (made payable to _______) or cash.
    3. All orders must be received by whatever the date is.

You may also order on-line at www.pamperedchef.biz/whatever and enter whatever you have the show listed at.

Please feel free to contact me, Suzy Consultant if you have any questions. You may reach me by telephone, at 123-456-7890 or vial email at suzy@myadress.com

Thank you for your support!​

Mar 1, 2006
  6. DZmom

DZmom Veteran Member

I think the brownies and other bite-sized items would be best!

Thanks, Marg for adding that. It's just what I was trying to come with for my Daycare fundraisers!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
    Mar 1, 2006
  7. pamperedkel

pamperedkel Member

That's great Marg!! I have also decided to step out of my comfort zone and try some new things this year. Would you happen to have a copy of the poster you did that you are willing to share? :D

Mar 1, 2006
  8. Anna Maria

Anna Maria Guest

Thank you for the letter and the ideas. I hope I make work out. Everyone is so nice. :) This should be fun.

Mar 2, 2006
  9. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

Here is the letter, explanation flyer, instruction sheet and order form that I use. I have hosted 4 very successful fundraisers in the the past 6 months.

Attached Files:

Mar 2, 2006
Have something to add?