• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Version of the $1000 Mystery Host Show....

In summary, Becky is asking for 10 people to participate in a $1000 Mystery Host Show. If 10 people collect just $100 in orders, one person will win $100 in free product, one person will win $60 in free product, three people will win $25 in free product, plus a free mini santoku knife, one person will win a free 8" executive skillet, plus 60% off the ultimate mandoline, or the food chopper, or the salad chopper, four people will win 50% off ANY ONE product of their choice (including cookware sets, or any other product in the catalog!), and each participant will receive a free gift from her valued at
kcmckay said:
Becky do you have the guest care card on here that you reference in this letter?

You know, I thought I did, but I've changed guest care cards since then, and I can't find that one in my files anymore. It's probably posted on here though in the files section. :) I used to use one that was a 1-10 system - 1 being NO and 10 being YES!

Love the changes!

Here's my holiday-inspired version of this!!
Best of luck! I might steal the idea :p

Thanks to whoever made the original text!

Attachments

• 1000 holiday mystery host edited.pdf
    556 KB · Views: 768
ChefBeckyD said:
You know, I thought I did, but I've changed guest care cards since then, and I can't find that one in my files anymore. It's probably posted on here though in the files section. :) I used to use one that was a 1-10 system - 1 being NO and 10 being YES!

That's ok I just found one on files section should have just started there!

With the house hunting I've been so busy I realized I've got nothing in November and I can't have that need some free spring loot! So I sent out an email and sent some FB messages to get some mystery hosts for November. I sent it out Tuesday night I've got 2 confirmed one thinking about it and I'll get on the phone tonight and tomorrow and hopefully get all 10 confirmed by Saturday. I also offered the days I have available for cooking shows in November and offered a free mystey gift if they booked a show. No takers on that yet but we'll see what phone calls warrant.

WAHOO!!!!
My mystery host show just closed with $1710 in commissionable sales!!!
This has saved me this month :)

loreo - that is fantastic! I am sending out my email tonight and phone calls tomorrow!

loreo said:
WAHOO!!!!
My mystery host show just closed with $1710 in commissionable sales!!!
This has saved me this month :)

Wow!! Congratulations!!

I don't have a big enough customer base yet to try this...but I'm hoping next year I can!!

Hi everyone! I'd like to try this out too to get to level 3 of SAT. I'm at $2600 with 2 shows but only have one more left plus a catty (and we all know those are hit and miss) and our level 3 in Canada is $3500 so I need $900 with this last show. I don't think it's going to happen since she's NOT motivated and there's only so much I can do. I have a couple of questions though..

- Any idea how to word it to incorporate my 5th anniversary with PC rather than the fact that I'm working toward SAT. I usually run a 25% off sale this time of year but would prefer to do this a) DH and I thought it would be a fun change and b) it would hopefully generate more sales since they'd be asking friends rather than just spending themselves :) I usually get about $500 - $600 in sales from my anniversary sale. I'm sooo incompetent when it comes to wording and being creative but I'd love to offer this as an opportunity/offer to celebrate my anniversary AND their loyalty. Any ideas?

- What do you do if heaven forbid you get more that want to participate? (ya right!) Do you accept them too even though the email stated to the first 10, in order to cover for some who may not come through? Or do you not accept them because you need to have enough benefits to go around?

- Do you send this out to your entire local customer base or just past hosts and preferred customers?

Please help and share what YOU did that made it successful! I'd love to edit Becky's tonight (thanks Becky!), send it out tomorrow, have packages to them by Wednesday and do it until the following Wednesday with an extra day for host's orders if necessary.

So I am getting my orders and will close my Mystery Host show tomorrow but I have a question. What do you do if the sales are not as high as you had hoped, therefore, the host benefits aren't enough to equal what you were going to give away? I had several people drop out and will only have about $600 in sales.

Just closed my Mystery Host party with $2,036.00 in sales and 3 bookings!!!!! That is great and it should push me over the edge to get me and my family to DISNEY!!!!!

Suzballard said:
So I am getting my orders and will close my Mystery Host show tomorrow but I have a question. What do you do if the sales are not as high as you had hoped, therefore, the host benefits aren't enough to equal what you were going to give away? I had several people drop out and will only have about $600 in sales.

I ended up with only 3 people and with $600 in sales. What I'm doing is "fake it til you make it" I put a fake person to win $100 and then a real person for the $50 and the other 2 won the $25 and then listed fake people for the other prizes. I did that just so they wouldn't think it was a bust and hopefully they will participate when I try this again in June.

Well I really lucked out because I had 7 participants originally. One never returned any of my calls about it but that's just how she is even though she was the first to respond that she wanted to do it. Another dropped out a few days before hand. One only collected about $50 in orders. But I had one collect $300+ another 400+ and another $250 and one just made the $100 mark. I had sent out a revised breakdown of prizes based on total show sales and offered extra chances for $150 in sales and for each $100 mark. I had put in their as well if $100 wasn't collected I couldn't put them in drawing but they would still receive discount. Before entering "hosts" orders I was at $1180. Still tried to reach other host to see if she had anything but no luck there. Everyone that had multiple entries earned multiple "prizes" and were all very happy.

OK my real reason for posting is this though. I was going to write out each "hosts" orders for their receipts but will they actually be good for the warranty? Because there won't be electronic proof of it. Should I just write out receipts as is and tell them if they have any issues to return it through me? TIA

kcmckay said:
OK my real reason for posting is this though. I was going to write out each "hosts" orders for their receipts but will they actually be good for the warranty? Because there won't be electronic proof of it. Should I just write out receipts as is and tell them if they have any issues to return it through me? TIA

That is what I do, just give them handwritten receipts. Most of my participants end up being my friends, and the few past hosts that participate are multiple past hosts, so they know to come to me anyways if there is a warranty issue.

I ended up with 10 people turning in orders, guest sales a little over $1700, but commissionable sales over $2700 (my host's participate just for the discounts - doing their holiday shopping).

I only had two hosts participate who collected over $600 in orders. I just split up the benefits based on the sales they had 1/3 and 2/3's. Neither one questioned their benefits and were completely happy about it.

I did this this month because I was at only $740 by mid-month and had two shows cancel for the month so I was heartbroken that I wasn't going to earn anything for free except for submitting two shows before the 15th. Well anyhow, I did this and my sales were great. I ended up closing my show at over $1600. THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!! I can not thank you enough and will be doing this again in June to help me hit more in sales and to earn more in free products in June SAT too. I ended up with sales of over $2400 for the month. My goal each month is to have at least $2000 and I am so grateful for this idea.

Sarah

I have a question...

Tech support says I can only have 2 credit card payments per order.. But I have 6 ladies participating in the mystery hostess thing and they all want to pay their difference with credit cards. How do I do this? Do I put their credit card numbers as payment under someone's name who paid me with cash or check or what? I am all confused now.. :p

elizabethfox said:
I have a question...

Tech support says I can only have 2 credit card payments per order.. But I have 6 ladies participating in the mystery hostess thing and they all want to pay their difference with credit cards. How do I do this? Do I put their credit card numbers as payment under someone's name who paid me with cash or check or what? I am all confused now.. :p

Have a host and co-host...w/ 2 CC #'s each, and then do exactly what you said - put the others in where you have cash/check payments.

elizabethfox said:
I have a question...

That's what I had to do as well. That wasn't a requirement last year, was it? I don't remember having that problem last year. Luckily, two of mine had put in personal orders of $100, so I put theirs on their 'customer' orders and worked out like that!

Ok thanks. Mine ended up being over $1100 and I only had 6 participants!

I am totally going to use this when I go out for maternity leave in March. This will help keep me rolling through it.

Thanks Becky!

Awesome job Ladies!!!

I'm new at this and would like to try this idea in January. How is this different from other Mystery hosts??

j&k'smom said:
I'm new at this and would like to try this idea in January. How is this different from other Mystery hosts??

the biggest difference is that everyone gets something for free, not just a couple people.

I'm wondering if I should try to pull this off during the triple points days in January. . .

krackley said:
I'm wondering if I should try to pull this off during the triple points days in January. . .
Can't hurt to try! I'm going to try....with January being a "more free" month for hosts- what would normally be $215 in Free Product for a $1000 show is now $323 in Free product!! They can earn a ton more! Who WOULDN'T want to try for that?

Last edited:
I sent out the Mystery host letter to my customer base yesterday morning and had four volunteers within an hour, six by the end of the day and one more today.:sing: I have to get on the phone tomorrow for the last three! Had to baby-sit my three liddle grands today so couldn't do it today.:angel: Thanks, Becky! I adapted your letter. :thumbup:I had two shows cancel, so I'm also doing a Mystery Host show at my home next Thursday. Thanks for everyone's input.

That's creative! :thumbup:Good Job. I think I'll try that. I'm freaking out because I'm about to go inactive. I just started and am scouring this forum for ideas. Thanks!

Update! I submitted my $1615 :sing:Mystery Host Show a few minutes before midnight! I am so pleased and excited. I will be doing this again and the particpants I asked really loved it and were so excited about earning the host rewards. They thought it was a great way to do a party.

Having done it once now I've tweaked my communications with everyone and also better know how to get it on to the software to make it come out right. I'm tired of being on the computer, but was it ever worth it!

CarolynnLee said:
Update! I submitted my $1615 :sing:Mystery Host Show a few minutes before midnight! I am so pleased and excited. I will be doing this again and the particpants I asked really loved it and were so excited about earning the host rewards. They thought it was a great way to do a party.

Having done it once now I've tweaked my communications with everyone and also better know how to get it on to the software to make it come out right. I'm tired of being on the computer, but was it ever worth it!

Do you mind sharing what/how you asked? I never seem to get enough interested, and would love to do something like this every other month.

CarolynnLee said:

could you share your insights about inputting it into p3? That was my biggest fear and kept me from doing one in January.

I'm not entirely sure I would do it every other month; I think maybe twice a year would be good. I think you'd have to have a huge customer base to do it more often. You don't want to wear out your welcome - leave them wanting more!

I just tweaked what Becky had posted. I sent an initial email with "Looking for 10 volunteers" in the subject line to almost everybody in my customer base. I was very surprised in some cases at those who responded. The words in red will need to be changed depending on the month, the specials and how you want to break them up. January was perfect because of the extra free product and I used some of it myself to purchase the SBRCs and the other two recipe collections that I offered each person who volunteered, so they cost me nothing! Well, maybe some blood and sweat!:D
You'll notice I had 12 host rewards - that's because the show went over $1000 and I was able to do it, so I did two extra drawings from all the tickets!

P3: I put all the regular orders in first and then found the rest out by trial and error. I had a host and a co-host and remember you can only have two cc's on each. :eek: This was a problem because I needed to put three on each! For one I switched with a guest check, which someone in this thread suggested. For the other it was so tiny that I called her and asked her if she could give me a check or cash and that was fine.

I had a hand written receipt for each volunteer and wrote everything they earned and ordered on them and who went under which host. As I put the item in P3 I checked it off on the receipt. First I put in all the free products from all the participants split between the two hosts (you may have to adjust as you get to the end to accommodate the free products going under each host), then the items that were partially free (they'd gone over their alloted amount), next the 30% off, then the half-price items and lastly the host special. You can put the items you're giving them personally in last. Finally I added up all the round up donations and added them in. It came out just about perfect. I hope this makes sense and helps. If anyone has a better way to do it, please share!

Attachments

• $1000 Mystery Host Show initial email.doc
    23 KB · Views: 779
  • $1000 Mystery Host Packet letter.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 789
  • $1000 Mystery Host Reward Chart for winners.doc
    22 KB · Views: 857
"You can put the items you're giving them personally in last."

:blushing:I meant on the hand written receipt, as these were items I had in the closet. The recipe books I gave them went in with the other free items in P3.
Make sense?

By the way, don't expect your volunteers to read everything. A few of mine were so surprised to win anything! Aren't they sweet to do it thinking they might not win anything?! :love:

But, as you can see it's stated quite clearly that all of them will win something. And they were all so happy! I loved it!:D

OK, I am getting off the computer! Good night, all!

Found this today and am bumping this!! I am going to do a PAB/MHS for a local salon here, and have gotten a TON of ideas from this thread!!! Thanks so much!!!

What happens if you cat get 10 people to participate? Sorry if it's a dumb question, im a new consultant.

I am bumping this thread...it's an OLD thread, yes, but still very applicable today. I am seriously thinking about trying this...desperately need some business jump started. (And I know I will not be able to find this thread again).

The main difference will be for anyone using BETA/Web system. I haven't quite worked out how the Mystery Host thing is or should be done in that system.

May I use this as a template or not? I am new and do not to break any rules:) I love the idea, ty for sharing

tvoss007 said:
May I use this as a template or not? I am new and do not to break any rules:) I love the idea, ty for sharing
Of course! That is why Becky and all of the others shared this.
Just bare in mind this is from 2008 originally, so just adjust accordingly to suit your needs! :) Calculate the rewards, etc (and after March 1st, we'll have to RECALCULATE the awards with this sort of thing).

I think I am going to try this, too. I really need a jump start and this could be the help I need. I am going to start working on my updated version of the documents peoples provided throughout this post tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

I have a question.... Several of the flyers posted had the following statement at the end in the fine print."If you are a host from out of area/state, and either win or place an order with your host benefits, I will pay for your shipping on that order!"Does this mean just for the host that wins the biggest/grand prize?

chickey said:
I have a question.... Several of the flyers posted had the following statement at the end in the fine print."If you are a host from out of area/state, and either win or place an order with your host benefits, I will pay for your shipping on that order!"Does this mean just for the host that wins the biggest/grand prize?
I don't know which flyer that was on, but I would say- if it doesn't make sense, just drop it off. I'm not sure how many of the folks who originally posted these flyers are still around (it's from 2008-2009). Me personally, if I can't figure out how it would work, I'd rework it to fit what I want and can do. You don't have to do exactly what someone did in their flyers. Use it to spark ideas and go from there. I'm not sure exactly what that person would have meant (maybe they explain it somewhere in the posts....but I don't remember seeing that discussed when I read through this yesterday).

Thank you, Bobbi. I think I figured it out. I really appreciate your input. I want to do this to finish up January. I'm so nervous about doing the prizes correctly based on the January hostess special. Would really appreciate opinions on the following set up. Of course, I will include the disclaimer that these must be adjusted if we don't reach the $1,000

GRAND PRIZE - $200 in FREE Product, plus a 10% discount for one year
Second Place - $80 in FREE Product, plus a 10% discount for one year
Three people will each win $50 in FREE Product, plus a FREE set of Microwave Grips
Four People will win 50% off ANY ONE product of their choice (including cookware sets, or any other product in the catalog!)
One will win 60% off their choice of the Salad & Berry Spinner OR the Manual Food Processor OR the Digital Food Scale OR the Food Chopper.PLUS - each volunteer will receive FREE the "Make It Fresh, Make It Healthy" cookbook AND 30% off your individual order!

I think it sounds good! But definitely add the disclaimer. Let us know how it goes.

I sent out this email last night after seeing it here. I already have 6 volunteer hosts. A couple of them said "I will try" and then one "doesn't do shows" so I am not sure how helpful they are going to be. I am going to try to push them and give good host coaching. I guess I am just sick of hearing people's excuses. ITS FREE PEOPLE!!!

Thanks Deb. I do have the disclaimer on it. Getting ready to send it out now! Fingers crossed this goes as well as the others on here. You guys are awesome on here for encouragement and inspiration!

looks good, I am doing this now :)

This is what I just emailed out... Hoping it will work!!! 2014 is starting off with a BANG! and January is nearly over! I have some HUGE goals this year with my Pampered Chef business, one of which is to earn a free trip for my family to Walt Disney World with the Pampered Chef. So - I need your help! (and you will be well rewarded for helping me out!) I am asking for 10 volunteers to participate in my $1000 Mystery Host Catalog Show! Everyone will get a free thank you gift as well as earn one of these FABULOUS prizes.GRAND PRIZE - $200 in FREE Product, plus a 10% discount for one year
Second Place - $80 in FREE Product
Third Place - Three people will each win $50 in FREE Product
Four People will win 50% off ANY ONE product of their choice (including cookware sets, or any other product in the catalog!)
One will win 60% off their choice of the Salad & Berry Spinner OR the Manual Food Processor OR the Digital Food Scale OR the Food Chopper. PLUS - each volunteer will receive FREE "Seasons Best" recipe book AND 30% off your individual order (once you have collected $100 in orders)!!! Here is the scoop - I need 10 people willing to collect just $100 in orders (10 x $100 = $1000!) - you can do this by passing around a catalog at work, or in your neighborhood, at kid’s sports events, family gatherings, etc. and I can also provide an announcement you can email to friends and family. Each person qualifies for the drawing by collecting at least $100 in orders and each one qualified will win one of the 10 prizes. Once I receive all the orders and tally them, I will then a blind drawing for the Show Host benefits.Gather $150 in orders and you will receive an extra chance in the 1st - 3rd place drawing (an additional chance will be given for each $50 in sales over $100). Schedule a party for someone (or book your own party!) and you will also receive an extra chance.Respond by _noon, Jan 21st , and receive a FREE Cookbook. I need to hear soon, so that I can get your Show Information to you ASAP! I need all orders turned in by Noon, January 31st. (any turned in later will not be able to be counted as part of the show - sorry!) All orders will be shipped to me, and I will sort, pack, and label your orders for you & deliver them to you. (I will be in the Imlay City area on February 28th). First 10 To Respond will fill the open spots!Come On! Be Part of the FUN! (And I will greatly appreciate your assistance!) The fine print:The Mystery Host event works only when at least 10 people collect $100 in orders from third parties, before tax and shipping. If you are interested in participating, please make sure you can commit to inviting others to order, following up, and collecting orders with payment. If anyone drops out for any reason or doesn’t meet the $100 qualifier and the show total does not reach $1000 the host rewards will be adjusted to the level reached according to the total dollar amount of the orders turned in. Orders from customers placed out of area/state will be subject to extra shipping and handling charges to be shipped directly to them. Thank you!

tayzeanna said:
I sent out this email last night after seeing it here. I already have 6 volunteer hosts. A couple of them said "I will try" and then one "doesn't do shows" so I am not sure how helpful they are going to be. I am going to try to push them and give good host coaching. I guess I am just sick of hearing people's excuses. ITS FREE PEOPLE!!!
Plus, it could just be 3 or 4 orders! By the way, something I thought of...I would suggest trying to get your hosts to give you their wish list early...or at the same time you get the orders. Mainly if you are trying to get things in for JANUARY. This way you already have what they won't and don't have to wait too long on them to decide! We know THEY don't care about our timelines. ;)Keep us posted on your results! Even if you don't get the full 10 hosts, reading through this thread, several only got 6-8 host, but had huge success. And if you get it in as a January show- the hosts are big winners! Even if a show only got to $650, they still get larger benefits!

Last edited:
JennyJennJen said:
This is what I just emailed out... Hoping it will work!!! 2014 is starting off with a BANG! and January is nearly over! I have some HUGE goals this year with my Pampered Chef business, one of which is to earn a free trip for my family to Walt Disney World with the Pampered Chef. So - I need your help! (and you will be well rewarded for helping me out!)

You may want to edit this to state the trip is to Disneyland (california), not Disney World (florida).

I was not expecting to get much from this mystery host party, BUT, I was wrong. I can barely get any friends/family to come to my home parties, so I doubted anyone would do this. But I did what I told my hosts to do, I emailed and face-booked, then I texted. I got 5 people to do this. Some just got a couple orders, some got a few hundred dollar orders. The guest total equaled #1300!!! The prizes were even bigger than expected. I got to my $1500 total and my free for all product. Will definitely do this again in July, especially since I will be in Africa the last 2 weeks.

That is awesome!! Great job!

Since so many people seemed to have great success with this in the past, and even recently, I'm resurrecting it once again. :DJUNE is our Free-For-All month, and it's DOUBLE REWARDS month. So that seems to me to be a perfect combination for doing this! More free product can be rewarded to your hosts who participate, and we can earn free products as well! Plus- with summer schedules, it might be easier to get some folks to do this, versus hosting a show? But use them as follow-ups later to get a real show on the calendar in the future? Anyway...just bringing back a good idea. :) It's old, but still applicable!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • thehaleykitchen