• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Host- Help!! (Venting a Little Too!)

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who is having difficulties with a host who is also her friend and children's babysitter. The host is asking for special treatment and making demands for extra recipes and the consultant is unsure of how to handle the situation. Suggestions are given for setting boundaries and politely explaining that the consultant has a business to run. It is also suggested to give the host the host packet early to avoid any further issues.
heather223
Gold Member
I need some advice here- One of my Feb. hosts is my children's babysitter and my friend. I did a show for her back in May when I started and she asked me to have another show next month. Problem~ She expects me to bend over backwards for her. For example- She wants me to buy all the ingredients. Now normally I don't have an issue with this, my policy is that if they completely fill out their guest list I will purchase the ingredients, but we went from making 2 recipes to 3!!!!! (Hello, I usually do only one!) Everything I do gets questioned. Such as she wants to know where her host packet is, and I kindly explained to her that as stated in my first letter the host packet will be sent when I get her guest list. She said to me this morning that she is special and should get it now! How do I politely tell her that I will do 2 recipes and that she gets the same treatment as my other hosts? (I would like to think I treat my hosts well!) :mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

Let her know that you know that she is special, but so are all your hosts. You have a business to run and this is the way that works best for you and YOUR FAMILY. If she doesn't want to do it that way, ask if she would like to do it herself and get the commission as well as the knives!

If she wants extra recipes ask her to prepare them ahead of time. One of my host wanted to do 4 recipes(she had a hard time chosing) So I just told her that for my demo I only do 1 1/2(one main dish completely demoed and a dessert I just put the final touches on) If she wants more that is ok but she is responsible for making them ahead of time!! So far that has worked out well.

Seems like she's difficult. Tell her you'll hold her babysitting money until she cooperates. Just kidding, but really why is she being so demanding? Lay down the law!

And I agree if she wants more recipes, tell her to make them ahead of time!

For three recipes I hope she has a great turnout. Could be worth the headache!

I'm having problems with a host who is a past consultant. She keeps asking me if we can make this, this, and this. Today, she asked me to bring an item I'm not using and I'm already bringing too much stuff because I'm packing for two out of town shows. I ignored the latest request and responded to the one sent minutes before or after it by e-mail. I told her "I don't have time to make ..... before or during the show. If you would like to mix it up ahead of time I will add..... right before we put it in the oven." It was easier on the e-mail than on the phone or in person, but you could practice your response by knowing for sure what you will and won't do and WHY. The why is very important for you to know so you stick to your guns. It may be necessary to share the why, but you aren't obligated. She may accept your boundaries easier if you share the why's. Hope it works out.

Here are some different responses you could try:

"Oh you think your guests will be that hungry? At this time of the show, usually they only want a sample."

"January guests are all on a diet so let's not let them blow it."

"Whew, you're breaking my budget. The $15 host bonus is all I really want to spend on groceries."

"After I've gotten forty names PLUS ten more, I'll add another recipe."

"Let's plan on doing two recipes right now. If you have more than 15 people coming to the party, we can discuss doing more."

As far as the host packet goes, I'd give it to her now. Does it really matter?

beepampered said:
Here are some different responses you could try:

"Oh you think your guests will be that hungry? At this time of the show, usually they only want a sample."

"January guests are all on a diet so let's not let them blow it."

"Whew, you're breaking my budget. The $15 host bonus is all I really want to spend on groceries."

"After I've gotten forty names PLUS ten more, I'll add another recipe."

"Let's plan on doing two recipes right now. If you have more than 15 people coming to the party, we can discuss doing more."

As far as the host packet goes, I'd give it to her now. Does it really matter?

Thanks for the responses everyone. I nicely told her yesterday that she is special as all my hosts are, but that this is how I run my business. I did concede and decide to give her the host packet. I decided that this year I wasn't giving host packets until I get a guest list. :chef:

Related to My Host- Help!! (Venting a Little Too!)

1. How do I find a host for a Pampered Chef party?

To find a host for a Pampered Chef party, you can reach out to friends and family, post on social media, or join local community groups. You can also ask previous hostesses for referrals.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party allows you to earn free and discounted products, receive exclusive hostess rewards, and have a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family.

3. What is the average party size for a Pampered Chef party?

The average party size for a Pampered Chef party is around 10-15 guests. However, parties can range anywhere from 5 to 30 guests depending on the hostess's invitation list.

4. Do I have to purchase products as a host?

No, you do not have to purchase products as a host. However, hosting a party is a great opportunity to try out new products and receive discounts on them.

5. Can I host a Pampered Chef party if I don't have any cooking experience?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef parties are designed to be interactive and fun, regardless of your cooking experience. Our consultants will guide you through the cooking process and provide helpful tips and tricks along the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Diamond
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bellakieu
  • pkd09