• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Heartfelt Woes: Cracked DCB and Shattered Trifle Bowl

In summary, the most common reason for a cracked DCB and shattered trifle bowl is thermal shock, which occurs when there is a sudden change in temperature. Unfortunately, these items cannot be fixed once they are damaged and it is recommended to replace them to prevent potential safety hazards. To prevent thermal shock from happening again, it is important to let the dishes cool down before adding cold ingredients and to gradually change the temperature. Thermal shock is not covered under warranty, but if the damage occurred during shipping, customers can contact the customer service team for assistance. It is not recommended to use cracked or shattered dishes as they may pose a safety risk, and it is best to dispose of them properly and consider replacing them with new ones.
sddmom2
When loading up my car for my last show- My cart rolled off the sidewalk and cracked my DCB:( and SHATTERED:cry: my Trifle Bowl. Will PC replace them?

Yes, as long as they are still under warranty.

I broke my trifle bowl walking up the stairs. Just had to send apiece back and they replaced it!

I tell everyone at my shows about how they have a warrenty on glass which is really wonderful for a cluts like me. LOL. Ha

Related to My Heartfelt Woes: Cracked DCB and Shattered Trifle Bowl

What happened to my DCB and trifle bowl?

The most common reason for a cracked DCB and shattered trifle bowl is thermal shock, which occurs when there is a sudden change in temperature from hot to cold or vice versa.

Can these items be fixed?

Unfortunately, once a DCB or trifle bowl has cracked or shattered, it cannot be repaired. We recommend replacing them to prevent any potential safety hazards.

How do I prevent this from happening again?

To prevent thermal shock, always allow your DCB and trifle bowl to cool down before adding cold ingredients or placing them in the fridge. It's also helpful to gradually increase or decrease the temperature when using these dishes.

Is this covered under warranty?

Unfortunately, thermal shock is not covered under our warranty. However, if the damage occurred during shipping, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Can I still use my cracked DCB or shattered trifle bowl?

We do not recommend using these items if they are cracked or shattered, as they may pose a safety risk. Please dispose of them properly and consider replacing them with new ones for your cooking and baking needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andrealynne719
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • cheflorraine