• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Uses for the Trifle Bowl: Perfect for Mother's Day and Beyond!

In summary, the conversation is about using the trifle bowl for different purposes, such as centerpieces and decorative items, and using it as a versatile kitchen tool for making various dishes. The participants also discuss different ways to promote and sell the trifle bowl, including providing recipes and highlighting its features. Some participants mention using the trifle bowl for desserts at shows.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I think that it is great that PC has done a Mother's Day Special this year..how many times do you sit and try to figure out what the heck to get your mom for mother's day.

If you are not using it as the demo though..what else can you use the trifle bowl for? I have done some center pieces in it. But I thought that I would start a thread so that we can all share our ideas. I would really like to use it at my shows for March. But I don't know that I was really wanting to do Trifles.

NOt that this is a use by any means, but when it's on special, I make sure and have other pics of it (there are cards you can get from PC) and I tell them that if they go to Google and search "Trifle Recipes" they'll get TONS of ideas of what to do with it. Plus, a lot of our recipes could be altered to fit the Trifle Bowl. I was just thinking today that the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad could be. A layer of lettuce, layer of the meat mix, some of the hamburger bun croutons, repeat.

I love using it for decor more than trifles almost! I have red glittery berries and pinecones with a birch looking candle in the middle still from the holidays (but figured the red worked for V-day for now). I'm looking for decorative easter eggs to put with a pastel colored candle for Easter.

I tell people that even taco salad can become an elegant dinner when served layered in a Trifle Bowl.

All of those are great ideas. I tell people that when they buy one, not only will I send them around 50 trifle recipes ( with 45 of the containing CHOCOLATE!) but I will also send them a separate recipe book with layered salads.
And then I say, " I am convinced that every trifle began as a cake that stuck to the pan or a batch of cookies that were partially burned."
That's the beauty of the trifle bowl! When that happens, just cut the good stuff up, layer it with cool whip/cream cheese/ or pudding of some sort and throw some fruit in! People will think you are a GENIUS! It looks pretty and no one has to know that you forgot about the brownies in the oven. ( wink wink..)
The best thing? I usually say, " I made this at home and brought it here without worrying that it would tip over because it's on this pretty base." Then I take the bowl off of the base and go into all of the cool features of the design.
I sell a lot of these actually. The funny thing is I did this Tuesday night, and then told everyone to buy theirs in April. muhahahahahahahaaaaa
They'll be hearing from me again!

beckyjsmith said:
The best thing? I usually say, " I made this at home and brought it here without worrying that it would tip over because it's on this pretty base." Then I take the bowl off of the base and go into all of the cool features of the design.

Do you make a trifle dessert at homeand bring it with you to your shows as a second recipe?

PamperedSD said:
Do you make a trifle dessert at homeand bring it with you to your shows as a second recipe?

yes. I don't demo desserts in the trifle bowl. I only demo one recipe. :)

Hi there! I completely agree, the Mother's Day Special this year is amazing! It can definitely be tough to come up with a unique and thoughtful gift for our moms, but I'm so glad that Pampered Chef has made it easier for us this year.As for creative uses for the trifle bowl, there are so many possibilities! One idea that comes to mind is using it as a beautiful fruit bowl. You can layer different types of fruit in the bowl, creating a colorful and delicious centerpiece for any occasion. Another idea is to use it as a punch bowl for parties or events. It's the perfect size and shape for serving up a refreshing drink for your guests.I love your idea of using it as a centerpiece, there are endless possibilities with that! You could fill it with flowers, candles, or even use it as a unique way to display appetizers or desserts. And don't forget about using it for salads or layered dips as well!I hope these ideas help spark your creativity for your upcoming shows in March. Let's keep this thread going and share even more ideas for using the trifle bowl. Happy cooking!

1. What are some ideas for using the trifle bowl for savory dishes?

The trifle bowl can be used for a variety of savory dishes such as layered salads, dips, or even a seafood cocktail. You can also use it as a serving dish for appetizers like shrimp cocktail or layered bruschetta.

2. Can the trifle bowl be used for hot dishes?

Yes, the trifle bowl is heat-resistant and can be used for hot dishes. However, it is recommended to let the dish cool down before placing it in the bowl to avoid any potential cracking.

3. Are there any creative dessert ideas for the trifle bowl?

Absolutely! You can make a variety of delicious desserts in the trifle bowl, such as layered parfaits, fruit trifles, or even a no-bake cheesecake. You can also use it to serve individual portions of trifle or tiramisu.

4. Can the trifle bowl be used for non-food items?

Yes, the trifle bowl can be used for non-food items such as a centerpiece for flowers or a stylish way to store and display potpourri or decorative stones. You can also use it as a unique container for homemade candles or bath salts.

5. What are some tips for decorating the trifle bowl?

You can decorate the trifle bowl with fresh herbs, flowers, or fruit to add a pop of color and freshness to your dish. You can also use decorative ribbon or washi tape to add a personalized touch to the bowl. Additionally, layering different colored ingredients can create a visually appealing dish in the trifle bowl.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NewbyPChef
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
  • byrd1956
  • Products and Tips