• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Show .... Mexican Recipes?

For the main dish, you can try the Taco Ring, Family size burrito, or Touchdown taco dip, all of which have been successful at previous shows. The Strawberry Margarita Cake in the rice cooker is also a unique and tasty option. There are also options for non-spicy Mexican dishes, such as the Chicken Enchilada Ring or Mexican Stuffed Calzone. The Fabulous Fajita Pizza is also a simple and delicious option. Good luck with your show!
sailortena
Hi all ... I have my first kitchen show next week and I want advice on what recipes to use. My sister wants a Mexican theme, she is serving margaritas. I plan on borrowing my director's rice cooker to make the Strawberry Margarita Cake for dessert, but I have no clue what to do for the main dish. Dips are out (my sister wants more than that), and all I have is my starter kit for reference. If there are a million ingredients I would probably mess up too.

Any advice?

try these..I did a Taco ring for a group of bunco girls and they liked it. I also made the Family size burrito for my family to taste test and it was Yummy! Also the touch down taco dip was a hit with the taco ring.

sailortena said:
Hi all ... I have my first kitchen show next week and I want advice on what recipes to use. My sister wants a Mexican theme, she is serving margaritas. I plan on borrowing my director's rice cooker to make the Strawberry Margarita Cake for dessert, but I have no clue what to do for the main dish. Dips are out (my sister wants more than that), and all I have is my starter kit for reference. If there are a million ingredients I would probably mess up too.

Any advice?
Strawberry Margarita Cake in the rice cooker? I have made lots of cakes in that pan but please tell me the ingredients in that cake!!

Make the Touchdown taco dip. The recipe is in the F/W 05 Season's Best and everyone loves it. If you have a mini baker or deep dish baker or deep dish pie plate double it. And make the tortilla chips to go with it - people are always so impressed! Just cut flour tortillas into wedges and bake on the large round stone at 400 degrees for 8-9 minutes.

The family size bake burrito is my choice. It is awesome and easy to make! I have made it at several shows, and have had no complaints! Good luck! :D

the family sized baked burrito is awesome!! the fiesta salad turnover (next page after burrito i believe) is really good to, though its a bit to spicy for my taste. but spicy makes up alot of mexican food right? its pretty simple to make also

re: Mexican foodIt's always assumed that Mexican food is spicy; true Mexican food is actually bland until you add either spices, and/or hot peppers to it. So many people up NOrth (OH) dont' like Hot/Spicy Mexican food, however I live on the border of Mexico and the majority of Mexican food is not spicy and can be rather bland too.

monica_sweetconsultant said:
the family sized baked burrito is awesome!! the fiesta salad turnover (next page after burrito i believe) is really good to, though its a bit to spicy for my taste. but spicy makes up alot of mexican food right? its pretty simple to make also

yummyIf she doesn't want a dip, the taco ring is always a huge hit, and lately the family size burrito is going over really well also.

got a point there! never thought of it like that. i am not able to eat spicy foods and it seems like every time i went to a mexican resturuant the food was so spicy i couldnt eat it!! even the dipping sauce!! but i honestly never thought that it would be bland!!lol talk about pre judging!! i almost feel like i should apologize!! sorry!! :D

I would suggest the Chicken Enchilada Ring. I've made it for a few shows and at my own home. Everyone loves it and I never see a crumb left over!!

no apology necessary :)
monica_sweetconsultant said:
got a point there! never thought of it like that. i am not able to eat spicy foods and it seems like every time i went to a mexican resturuant the food was so spicy i couldnt eat it!! even the dipping sauce!! but i honestly never thought that it would be bland!!lol talk about pre judging!! i almost feel like i should apologize!! sorry!! :D

I'm not Mexican, Hispanic, or anything, but sure love the food. I live in the best area. Lots/lots of Mexican food ea. place is different too; and lots of Tex Mex food UMMM :) :)

Also the Mexican Stuffed Calzone from a few seasons ago is excellent! And it definately offers the wow factor when you pull it out of the oven. I also like the Fabulous Fajita Pizza (All the Best). Very simple and not a lot of ingredients to worry about either.

Nancy

strawberry margarita cake
sailortena said:

Any advice?

That sounds amazing.... I'm starting out and I know someone who wants a mexican theme... can you send me that recipe too???
thanx!

Shari

Mexican recipes...I'd love the recipes as well. Would someone be able to post them here.

Until I can afford to buy the recipe books which I hope is very, very soon.

I'm still selling off one of my last ventures and just sold $ 100.00 which will most likely all go towards my PC acct as I really want to purchase the Sping/Summer stuff that we get to purchase at over 50% off.

Thanks;

Liz
:)

Shari'sKitchen said:
That sounds amazing.... I'm starting out and I know someone who wants a mexican theme... can you send me that recipe too???
thanx!

Shari

I agree with the Family Sized Baked Burrito.

You have everything in your starter kit for this. This is what I did at my first shows and everyone loved it.

The only substitution you'll need to make is that we don't get that fancy-shmancy slicer in our starter kit so I used the Hold 'n Slice and then sliced perfectly even tomato slices with the Chef's Knife that both came in the kit.

This burrito is huge, too! And depending on the salsa you add it can be as mild or spicy as you want to make it.

We don't get the rice cooker in our starter kit.

Oh, AND the recipe is in The Season's Best Cookbook (both the F/W and the S/S)!!!!

Soothenrelax said:
I'd love the recipes as well. Would someone be able to post them here.

Here are a few to look at. :)

Lee Anne

Attachments

• Chicken Enchilada Ring.doc
    21 KB · Views: 428
  • FIESTA SANDWICH RING.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 354
  • TACO RING.doc
    21 KB · Views: 443
  • SOUTHWESTERN SNACK SQUARES.doc
    22 KB · Views: 442
thanks
chef_leeanne said:

Here are a few to look at. :)

Lee Anne
THANKS SO MUCH

Does anybody have the strawberry margarita cake that was first mentioned? Just the thought of it is making my mouth water!! If you have the recipe, please, please share it!!!

WendyAebi said:
Does anybody have the strawberry margarita cake that was first mentioned? Just the thought of it is making my mouth water!! If you have the recipe, please, please share it!!!

Here you go! :D

Lee Anne

Attachments

• STRAWBERRY MARGARITA SQUARES.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 568
OOPS - that wasn't what you wanted! :( Oh well - goes with the Mexican theme! :)

Sorry

cake recipeThis is the Strawberry Margarita Cake recipe that was told to me in another thread. It's for the fluted pan, but I am going to test this recipe in the next couple of days in a rice cooker my director loaned me. I plan on using fresh strawberries instead of frozen, and depending how it looks, topping it with a little bit of icing and more fresh-cut strawberries.

STRAWBERRY MARGARITA CAKE
Vanilla Cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake MINUS ½ cup of water
if there is a lot of juice from strawberries)
Strawberry Kool-Aid unsweetened packet
1 small container THAWED frozen strawberries (can use fresh sliced strawberries)
1 lime (juice & zest)
1 container vanilla flavored frosting (can add food color)
1 tsp rum extract (optional)

Mix cake mix with oil/water, kool-aid, rum extract (optional), finely chopped lime zest; drop strawberries on top before baking, as they will
sink thru the cake during baking;Bake in oiled fluted stone in microwave for 11-13 minutes (top of cake should be done). When cool, frost.

Mix lime juice and frosting to taste- add food color for fun.

Anyone have the Chicken Enchilada Ring Recipe. It sounds good, and I am having a Mexican Theme Party in a couple of weeks. Also I need a recipe for Margarita's. Thanks

Shannon Harris

I have themSlap Your Mama Margaritas

2 cans 7 - up
1 12 oz. can frozen limeade
8 oz tequila
1 bottle Corona beer
(no substitutes)

Just dump everything into the FAMILY QUICK STIR PITCHER
and plunge. To make it even “slushier”, freeze the 7-up, beer and tequila ahead of time.

I'd like to give credit... but I found it on here & have no clue where.

Chicken Enchilada Ring
2 C. coarsely chopped chicken
1/4 C. chopped pitted ripe olives
1 C. shredded Monterey Jack/Cheddar blend
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, undrained
1/2 C. mayonnaise
1 T. Pampered Chef Pantry's Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 plum tomatoes
1 lime
2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips, divided
2 pkgs. crescent rolls
1 C. salsa
1 C. sour cream
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix chopped chicken, olives, cheese, green chilies, mayonnaise and seasoning mix in bowl. Seed and chop one tomato. Slice lime in half. Juice one half of lime to measure 1 t. of juice. Reserve remaining lime for garnish. Add chopped tomato and lime juice to chicken mixture. Reserve 2 T. crushed chips and add remaining chips to chicken mixture. Mix well. Sprinkle reserved crushed chips over flat side of a large cutting board. Place dough onto chips and press down so chips adhere to dough. Separate dough into triangles. Arrange triangles, chip side down, in a circle on a 13" baking stone. Wide ends should overlap in the center and points should be toward the outside. There should be a 5" diameter opening in the center. Scoop chicken mixture onto the wide ends of the triangles. Bring points of the triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends. Do not cover filling completely. It should show in between each triangle. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. For garnish, cut remaining tomato into 8 wedges. Cut remaining half of lime into 4 slices, cut in half. Arrange between openings of ring where filling is showing. Serve with salsa and sour cream.

This was in the HUGE file at the beginning of this board.

1. What types of Mexican recipes can I make with Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that are perfect for making Mexican dishes. Our stoneware and non-stick cookware are great for cooking meats and vegetables, while our choppers and blenders are perfect for making salsa and guacamole. We also have specialized tools for making tortillas, quesadillas, and enchiladas.

2. Can I use my Pampered Chef products to make authentic Mexican dishes?

Yes, our products are designed to help you create delicious and authentic Mexican dishes. Our stoneware and cookware help to evenly cook meats and vegetables, and our specialized tools make it easy to create traditional dishes like tamales and empanadas.

3. Are there any recipes specifically for kids?

Yes, we have a variety of kid-friendly Mexican recipes that are easy for children to help prepare. Our Taco Cupcakes and Mini Chicken Quesadillas are always a hit with little ones, and our Kid-Friendly Guacamole is a fun and healthy snack.

4. Do you have any vegetarian or vegan Mexican recipes?

Yes, we have a selection of vegetarian and vegan Mexican recipes that are delicious and easy to make. Our Veggie Burrito Bowls and Black Bean Enchiladas are two popular options, and our Salsa Verde Tofu Tacos are perfect for those who avoid meat and dairy.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make desserts for my Mexican-themed party?

Absolutely! Our products are not limited to savory dishes - you can also use them to make delicious Mexican desserts. Our Flan Pan is perfect for making traditional flan, and our Brownie Pan is great for creating churro bites. We also have a variety of tools for making homemade ice cream and sorbet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KimoMakano
  • susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • missyciccolella