• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Open House-Tips Please!

In summary, Christa recommends not going overboard with food and to do a demo but make it very short and have most things prepared ahead. She also recommends not having an open house on a Sunday.
Christa
I am having my first open house and unveiling the HWC and mid season products. Its a Mystery Host Show (one guest will win the free product value). I really want this to be a successful party and get lots of bookings.

Please give me all of your best tips for an open house success!
Thanks!:)

Hi Christa!
The one thing I recommend is not going overboard with food. I had a ton left over and I even put in the invitation that I would have plenty of food. Another thing is to do a demo but make it very short and have most things prepared ahead (I had the Tomato Basil Squares). This is because if people are coming in and out at differnt times you'll want to be able to take orders and answer questions. HTH!

Last edited:
I would recommend not having it on a Sunday. That seems to be a family day and everyone I know who has had one on that day didn't have much luck.

Make sure you OVERINVITE! Just like you tell your hosts to do.

And do reminder calls. Remember that people do forget about these things and a personnal reminder from you will really help!!

SundayFunny, my hosts like doing Sunday because they know they don't have to compete with other events like soccer and stuff. Every group of people is different so go with what time/day you find best and schedule it....BEE

I had mine in March on a sunday...I overinvited like crazy and only 10 people came..it was a drop in and most of the people came right at the start. I didn;t demo anything but did have PC recipes made...it ended up being a $600show..but unfortunatly no bookings.

My open house was on a Sunday - 2 people showed up and I invited over 150. Oh well. I had food left over, but luckily my church serves snacks at the evening service. I took them all up there.

Its on a Sunday 4/30 from 2-4...seems everyone has kids' sports on sat. here. I'm doing drawings every 15 min. to get people here early. Hoping to collect more outside orders. I'm going to stay positive!

I had an open house last night for the entire neighborhood. I also invited 35 friends and family. Only 5 of my family members showed up and NO NEIGHBORS! lol... I had tons of food too. It was horrendous. But it's okay, things like this happen to some but not to all. I hope this doesn't happen to you. I'm usually very positive on things, and I really don't want to shower you with negativity. I just needed to vent. :)

Good luck with your show!!! :)

What is an open house?

An open house is an event where you can showcase and demonstrate Pampered Chef products to potential customers in a casual and relaxed setting. It's a great way to introduce people to the products and build excitement for hosting their own cooking show.

How can I prepare for my first open house?

Before your open house, make sure you have enough products on hand to showcase and sell. Create a welcoming atmosphere with decorations and refreshments. It's also helpful to practice your product demonstrations beforehand so you feel confident and prepared.

What should I include in my open house invitation?

Be sure to include the date, time, and location of the open house. You can also mention any special offers or discounts that will be available. Encourage guests to bring a friend and let them know there will be product demonstrations and food samples.

How can I attract more guests to my open house?

Promote your open house through various channels such as social media, word of mouth, and handing out flyers in your community. You can also offer incentives for guests to bring a friend, such as a free gift or extra entries into a raffle. Partnering with other local businesses can also help attract more guests.

What should I do during the open house to make it successful?

Be welcoming and friendly to your guests. Offer them food samples and encourage them to try out the products. Have product catalogs and order forms available for guests to make purchases. Be prepared to answer any questions and provide product recommendations. And most importantly, have fun and enjoy the experience!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Stephaniechefs
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mommylove_07
  • JessBarszcz