• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Motivated Chef...looking for a Little Spark!!

In summary, the conversation revolves around a consultant who has had a successful start in their business but is now experiencing a decline in progress. They are seeking advice on how to turn their contacts into bookings and are considering hosting a mystery host show. Some concerns and suggestions are raised about the fairness of this type of show, and the consultant also shares their strategy for getting bookings at booths through offering gifts and raffles.
JessBarszcz
Hello hello...first of all thanks to everyone who posts and shares on here. I have found it to be a HUGE success!! Best $5 spent in a long time :)

I am a new consultant, joined mid July. I qualified in 30 days and I am starting to feel a slight decline in my progress. I need some words of wisdom, advice anything....I want to throw a Holiday Open House (mystery host) in late November, but I need to figure out how to turn these contacts into shows!!!! I have participated in booths and such and have lots of contacts, but not a lot of bookings....what am I doing wrong??? :confused

Congrats on all that you have accomplished so far!

I joined at the end of Feb and I see my business go up and down as well. So just remember that what goes down- will go back up :)

I've never done a mystery host show- and I'm not sure I really like the idea of them b/c even though I get the point of the mystery host show I just don't think it's very fair to be honest. Are you going to have the mystery host be the person that gets the most orders or the person that gets the highest guest sales? What if one person gets 11 orders and only $257 in sales but you have another person that got 10 orders and $985 in sales? You could always set it up as a mystery host show and then surprise everyone and put them in as 10 different shows? I don't know. I'm just rambling my 2 cents on that thought which doesn't neccessarily help you. I'm just saying- as a person- that I wouldnt' want to do just as much if not more work than someone else and get nothing for it in the end.

Now- when you do your booths; are you just there getting contacts or are you raffling anything off? What I usually do at booths is gifts. If they place an order- they will get a gift on their order. If they book a show they will get a gift from their show (I add on a RUFTH Trivet- this way I'm using their discount and the purchase still goes towards my RUFTH goal). If they don't do either of the first 2 options than I also have a raffle for a $10 gift certificate or a free cooking show. With the free cooking show raffle than you are only getting contacts that are interested in hosting a show- whereas with the gift certificate you get all sorts of contacts. And what usually ends up happening for me with that- is when I call to tell them they won my gift certificate; I always ask them if they want me to mail them their certificate or ask if they would be intersted in hosting a show and ADDING THAT ON to their free product value? Odds are they usually host the show. :)

Good luck!

jessinthekitchen said:
Congrats on all that you have accomplished so far!

I joined at the end of Feb and I see my business go up and down as well. So just remember that what goes down- will go back up :)

I've never done a mystery host show- and I'm not sure I really like the idea of them b/c even though I get the point of the mystery host show I just don't think it's very fair to be honest. Are you going to have the mystery host be the person that gets the most orders or the person that gets the highest guest sales? What if one person gets 11 orders and only $257 in sales but you have another person that got 10 orders and $985 in sales? You could always set it up as a mystery host show and then surprise everyone and put them in as 10 different shows? I don't know. I'm just rambling my 2 cents on that thought which doesn't neccessarily help you. I'm just saying- as a person- that I wouldnt' want to do just as much if not more work than someone else and get nothing for it in the end.

Now- when you do your booths; are you just there getting contacts or are you raffling anything off? What I usually do at booths is gifts. If they place an order- they will get a gift on their order. If they book a show they will get a gift from their show (I add on a RUFTH Trivet- this way I'm using their discount and the purchase still goes towards my RUFTH goal). If they don't do either of the first 2 options than I also have a raffle for a $10 gift certificate or a free cooking show. With the free cooking show raffle than you are only getting contacts that are interested in hosting a show- whereas with the gift certificate you get all sorts of contacts. And what usually ends up happening for me with that- is when I call to tell them they won my gift certificate; I always ask them if they want me to mail them their certificate or ask if they would be intersted in hosting a show and ADDING THAT ON to their free product value? Odds are they usually host the show. :)

Good luck!

Generally with Mystery Hosts as an Open House style you just draw from the people who placed an order to see who won. If it's hosts collecting orders, you draw from the hosts who collected the amount or more that were required.

Consistent business is definitely something that you have to work constantly at. Remember that the business actions you take today will affect your business 3 months down the line, so even if you're having a gangbuster month, you need to follow through to ensure that momentum carries over.

As far as your booth followup, are you calling those people that stopped by your booth and asking if they'd like to book a show, or for the opportunity? how about asking them if there's anything on their holiday wishlist that they'd like to get for discount/free, or is there anyone they'd like you to send a copy of their wishlist to?

Keep at it consistently and you will see the benefits. Good luck!

Hi there! First of all, congratulations on qualifying in just 30 days - that's amazing! It's totally normal to experience a slight decline in progress after the initial excitement wears off. My advice would be to focus on building relationships with your contacts and really showcasing the value of hosting a party with you. Make sure to follow up with them regularly and offer incentives for booking a party, such as free products or discounts. Also, don't be afraid to ask for referrals - your satisfied customers are your best advocates! As for your Holiday Open House, make sure to market it well and offer something unique or special to entice people to attend. And remember, persistence pays off - keep putting yourself out there and you'll see the bookings start to roll in. Best of luck!

1. What is "Motivated Chef...looking for a Little Spark!!"?

"Motivated Chef...looking for a Little Spark!!" is a program offered by Pampered Chef to help chefs and consultants stay motivated and find inspiration in their cooking and businesses.

2. Who can participate in "Motivated Chef...looking for a Little Spark!!"?

This program is open to all Pampered Chef independent consultants and chefs.

3. What kind of content can I expect from "Motivated Chef...looking for a Little Spark!!"?

The program includes weekly emails with cooking tips, business advice, and motivational messages from successful chefs and consultants.

4. Is there a cost to participate in "Motivated Chef...looking for a Little Spark!!"?

No, this program is completely free for Pampered Chef consultants and chefs.

5. How can I sign up for "Motivated Chef...looking for a Little Spark!!"?

You can sign up for this program through your Pampered Chef consultant account or by contacting our customer service team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katylunsford
  • Tensie Steck