• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Conference: A Hesitant Journey!

In summary, Carolyn is in Wave 2 and Heather is in Wave 1. They will have an overlap because they both fly into Chicago on the 11th. They are all looking forward to the conference.
heat123
Silver Member
Well I finally (hesitantly) told DH I was going to confrence this year and he put up a fight (as I knew he would) but I told him I WAS going! I'd pay for it with my PC $$$ so he doesn't have to worry about it coming from our personal acct! So after he knew there was no arguing about it he says "so I'm going to Chicago too then". I laughed and said you could if that Nascar thing was happening that week but otherwise, No your stayin with the kids!:D Yeay- now I just need to buy my flight tix! Whooo-hoooo confrence 07, my first experience!

What wave are you in?

ahh, Jill I noticed you are in 2, I am in #1! :(

I'm in Wave 1. We'll have to meet somewhere.

I just bought my Cheffer Tshirt and pin! Definitely maybe a meeting spot for all of us in Wave 1 cheffers! I can't wait to meet everyone!

That's awesome Heather!! Just wait til he sees how strongly your business takes off when you get back!!

Oh man, you're in wave 2 also Carolyn, I'm bummed! I would have loved to have met you in person! :(

heat123 said:
Oh man, you're in wave 2 also Carolyn, I'm bummed! I would have loved to have met you in person! :(

We'll probably have an overlap because we fly in on the 11th - the last day of Wave 1. Maybe we can all hook up!

Maybe we can try and schedule a meeting of Wave 1 & 2 Cheffers if our travel schedules allow for it. Once everyone makes their arrangements we'll have to see if it will work. DH works for Delta so I fly stand-by....there's no telling how long I may (or may not) have to wait for a flight! May have to meet in the airport bar!

I'm all for an overlapping meet up! Let's try and make a schedule and I will try my hardest to make it to meet you all!

pamperedlinda said:
Maybe we can try and schedule a meeting of Wave 1 & 2 Cheffers if our travel schedules allow for it. Once everyone makes their arrangements we'll have to see if it will work. DH works for Delta so I fly stand-by....there's no telling how long I may (or may not) have to wait for a flight! May have to meet in the airport bar!

Do they have a piano player?
Would he be willing to play some Manilow tunes?
If so...I am THERE!!!!

dannyzmom said:
Do they have a piano player?
Would he be willing to play some Manilow tunes?
If so...I am THERE!!!!
hahahahahaha....do we really need the piano player? I know most of the words by heart!

I don't need a piano player, give me a martini and I'm all good!

heat123 said:
Well I finally (hesitantly) told DH I was going to confrence this year and he put up a fight (as I knew he would) but I told him I WAS going! I'd pay for it with my PC $$$ so he doesn't have to worry about it coming from our personal acct! So after he knew there was no arguing about it he says "so I'm going to Chicago too then". I laughed and said you could if that Nascar thing was happening that week but otherwise, No your stayin with the kids!:D Yeay- now I just need to buy my flight tix! Whooo-hoooo confrence 07, my first experience!
YEAH!! You will be so glad you did! It is amazing what it does for your business.

I hope to see you there!

oh, Beth you're in wave 1 too, hope we can meet in person!

Ok so as of right now I can't go because of my new job. BUT...I had an interview today with a bank as a mortgage processor. It is $5000 more a year. Anyway, if I get the offer, I am going to say I already have the trip booked....so MAYBE....I will be at WAVE 2!!!! Say some prayers everyone!!!!

pamperedlinda said:
hahahahahaha....do we really need the piano player? I know most of the words by heart!

Good point - you and I would out-sing the piano anyway!!

chefkristin said:
Ok so as of right now I can't go because of my new job. BUT...I had an interview today with a bank as a mortgage processor. It is $5000 more a year. Anyway, if I get the offer, I am going to say I already have the trip booked....so MAYBE....I will be at WAVE 2!!!! Say some prayers everyone!!!!

Hot dayummmm!!! Good luck!!! We'll save a seat for you around the piano bar!

My Exec. Dir. is doing the paperwork now, letter, etc. to let my recruiter and myself go to Wave 2 instead of Wave 1 (since Wave 2 is the only one I can make this year due to work, etc.)

Carolyn, Jilleysue - looking forward to meeting you two! :)

dannyzmom said:
Hot dayummmm!!! Good luck!!! We'll save a seat for you around the piano bar!
Yeah, but ya gotta sing Manilow songs with us!

at the Copa....Copacabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnna......er waitress, could I have another!

Oh Mandy, you came and you gave without taken, but I sent you away oh Mandy ..........

I'm in Wave 1 - not sure if I'm going or not for sure. Depends on how much I can make in my business between now and then:)!

Better get on the phone instead of reading and posting on here!!! (LOL)

pampchefrhondab said:
Oh Mandy, you came and you gave without taken, but I sent you away oh Mandy ..........

I'm in Wave 1 - not sure if I'm going or not for sure. Depends on how much I can make in my business between now and then:)!

Better get on the phone instead of reading and posting on here!!! (LOL)
That's it....you are definately singing with me and Carolyn!

(Whine Whine) I want to sit at the Piano Bar and sing Manilow Tunes w/ all of you....but my cluster drives in, we don't fly.....so I won't be anywhere near the airport!
"I've looked up, down, tryin to get that feelin again...."
"You know I can't smile without you....I can't smile without you.....I can't laugh, and I can't sing..." (okay, the last phrase is more true than you know!:D )

I'm in WAVE ONE - and I can't wait to meet other Wave 1 Cheffers!!!

I am in wave I and though I don't know to many of you, I haven't spent a lot of time on here. Anyway I look forward to running into some of you!!

heather

Everyone in wave 1 must wear their CS buttons or shirts, I will have mine on!

Ps. I just checked flight and it's already gone up $10 ~I guess I need to get them now before they cont. to rise!!!! Then for sure I'll be there!

pamperedlinda said:
That's it....you are definately singing with me and Carolyn!
One Voice-singing in the darkness!! All it takes is one voice....shout it out and let it ring......One voice, it takes just one voice.....

I remember when I was in the 7th Grade, my brothers got so sick of my "Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits" 8-Track, that they hid it, and wouldn't tell me where it was for a week! (mom made 'em finally tell - after she'd had a week's break too!:rolleyes: ) Talk about withdrawal!

I write the songs that make the whole world singgggg....
I write the songs of love and special thingsssss....
I write the songs that make the young girls cryyyy...
I write the songs I write the songs...

chefkristin said:
One Voice-singing in the darkness!! All it takes is one voice....shout it out and let it ring......One voice, it takes just one voice.....

NOW I am impressed - that's one of his lesser known ones....

ChefBeckyD said:
I remember when I was in the 7th Grade, my brothers got so sick of my "Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits" 8-Track, that they hid it, and wouldn't tell me where it was for a week! (mom made 'em finally tell - after she'd had a week's break too!:rolleyes: ) Talk about withdrawal!

Ooooohhh - I'd have to rub their boxers in Poison Ivy for that one!! Don't f*ck with my Barry!!!

Wow...check out all you Manilow fans! Do ya think we need our own thread!

Or did we sucessfully hijack this one?!

Heather is probably telling her DH that she's decided not to go afterall!

pamperedlinda said:
Or did we sucessfully hijack this one?!

Oh we've definitely hijacked this one....

Alright, I'll be there but I don't think I know the Manilow tunes! OH well, I'll have a few drinks and act like I do!!!

Oh, I'll be right there with you drinkin and fakin like I know the words !

Yeah if you were in Wave 2!!! That stinks!

Well Carolyn and LInda were talking about meeting up while in overlap time (our wave ends but hopefully before theirs begins) and pick somewhere to meet? I hope we can manage a corresponding overlap time?

Sounds Great! I get in on the 11th at 11am!

Yea You Heather!
I am so excited to get to go this year.
Kinda bummed I can't go with my director, but I am still excited to go!!!

Bummer, Melissa, we aren't in the same wave, but we aren't so far that we couldn't drive somewhere to hang out! SO CAL club !HEE_HEE!

dannyzmom said:
NOW I am impressed - that's one of his lesser known ones....
My little brother used to go around the house singing it all the time along with Eye of the Tiger(I have that on phone when it rings-LOL!)

My mom also LOVED Barry when I was little. I grew up listening to him and Willy Nelson(my dad listened to the twangy country-EEEWWWW!)

Man am I the only one in Wave 3?????????????????

klsnyder said:
Man am I the only one in Wave 3?????????????????
Tons of people I know (and would like to see) are in Wave 3!!

Yippeeee, I just bought my tix, Chicago Here I Come!

I'm in Wave 2. Let me know where the overlap meeting is going on. Now, if we can arrange a Wave 2/Wave 3 overlap, I can meet just about everyone!

raebates said:
I'm in Wave 2. Let me know where the overlap meeting is going on. Now, if we can arrange a Wave 2/Wave 3 overlap, I can meet just about everyone!
Yes, we must definitely plan one. I am heading back at 8:25 monday night so anytime after confrence and before my flight I am there!

Doesn't it start on Monday? I'm lost

Heather,
Which airline are you flying? Which airport? How much was it? I've been looking and they are still ridiculously expensive!

<h2>1. What can I expect at my first conference with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Attending your first conference with Pampered Chef is an exciting and memorable experience. You can expect to meet and network with other consultants, attend informative workshops and training sessions, and have the opportunity to see new products and demonstrations.</p><h2>2. How do I register for the conference?</h2><p>You can register for the conference through your consultant workstation or by contacting our customer service team. Registration typically opens a few months before the conference date, so keep an eye out for announcements and instructions.</p><h2>3. What is the cost of attending the conference?</h2><p>The cost of attending the conference varies depending on when you register and any additional events or meals you choose to attend. However, you can use your Pampered Chef earnings to cover the cost, making it a great opportunity to invest in yourself and your business.</p><h2>4. Are there any special events or activities for first-time conference attendees?</h2><p>Yes! We want to make sure your first conference experience is unforgettable. That's why we offer special events and activities exclusively for first-time attendees, such as a welcome reception, mentor meet-ups, and a special recognition ceremony.</p><h2>5. Can I bring my spouse or family to the conference?</h2><p>While spouses and family members are welcome to join you in Chicago, please keep in mind that conference events and activities are designed for consultants and may not be suitable for guests. However, you can certainly make arrangements for them to explore the city while you attend the conference.</p>

1. What can I expect at my first conference with Pampered Chef?

Attending your first conference with Pampered Chef is an exciting and memorable experience. You can expect to meet and network with other consultants, attend informative workshops and training sessions, and have the opportunity to see new products and demonstrations.

2. How do I register for the conference?

You can register for the conference through your consultant workstation or by contacting our customer service team. Registration typically opens a few months before the conference date, so keep an eye out for announcements and instructions.

3. What is the cost of attending the conference?

The cost of attending the conference varies depending on when you register and any additional events or meals you choose to attend. However, you can use your Pampered Chef earnings to cover the cost, making it a great opportunity to invest in yourself and your business.

4. Are there any special events or activities for first-time conference attendees?

Yes! We want to make sure your first conference experience is unforgettable. That's why we offer special events and activities exclusively for first-time attendees, such as a welcome reception, mentor meet-ups, and a special recognition ceremony.

5. Can I bring my spouse or family to the conference?

While spouses and family members are welcome to join you in Chicago, please keep in mind that conference events and activities are designed for consultants and may not be suitable for guests. However, you can certainly make arrangements for them to explore the city while you attend the conference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vogee13
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
burtonfour
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
Replies
Views
raebates