• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My DH in the Basement - High School Flashbacks!

Yes, I absolutely love country music! Some of my all-time favorite artists include Kenny Rogers, Patsy Cline, and Waylon Jennings.
amy07
My DH is in the basement playing with his new CD player and he has them blaring!! I'm having high school flashbacks..........."where do we go?.... oh, where do we go now?...... where do we go?...... oh, where do we go now? oowwww, owwwwww, owwwwww, sweeeeett chilllllddd of miiiine!!!!".....I'm sure many of you remember this!

Yes! I *loved* GnR back in the day! Heck, I loved quite a few of the "hair metal" bands. NO ONE else I knew back then liked the music I did. :(

In fact, I own more 80s hard rock MP3s than nearly anything else! :love:

SIL's band does an awesome job on all classic rock, but that one is my favorite!

Gotta love the 80's

what's funny, is that I wasn't a big fan of theirs in the day but my best friend was. And of course, when you're the passenger you listen to whatever your ride listens too;)
Of course, I think they are MUCH better than what kids today are listening to....UGHH, another example that I'm getting old......don't like the "new" rock 'n roll:blushing: :blushing:

Yeah, me either Amy. I always swore I wasn't going to become one of "those" adults always mocking the kids' music. Oh well, I like what I like, and my stepdaughter likes what she likes. I'll just keep trying to influence her. :)

amy07 said:
what's funny, is that I wasn't a big fan of theirs in the day but my best friend was. And of course, when you're the passenger you listen to whatever your ride listens to;)

That reminds me of an old friend. When people hated his music, and would beg to hear anything but that - he'd always grab his Tiffany tape and pop that in. They'd shut up after that. :balloon:

jenniferp417 said:
That reminds me of an old friend. When people hated his music, and would beg to hear anything but that - he'd always grab his Tiffany tape and pop that in. They'd shut up after that. :balloon:

:D :D I don't know what is funnier, Tiffany or TAPE!!!:D :D oh, that seems like forever ago!!:cry:

amy07 said:
:D :D I don't know what is funnier, Tiffany or TAPE!!!:D :D oh, that seems like forever ago!!:cry:
Cassette or 8-Track?

I had an 8-track with a cassette adapter in the car my sister and I shared in HS. ooo.... we were jammin'! Except that we didn't have any popular music tapes, just classical and oldies.

Cassette. Listening to Tiffany kinda implies being too young for the 8-track. Her first hit was in 1987. :D

LOL!!! Oh the memories!!!! :blushing:
I am actually going to a concert tomorrow night (Styx, Foreigner & Def Lepard) I can't wait!!!! I still love most of the hair bands that I used to listen to. It is so funny. I can listen to anything from Barry Manilow to Metallica.
Metallica is when I am pissed off!!!!! It calms me down! Crazy huh?? LOL

chefann said:
I had an 8-track with a cassette adapter in the car my sister and I shared in HS. ooo.... we were jammin'! Except that we didn't have any popular music tapes, just classical and oldies.
I could have hooked you up with some CDB (that would be Charlie Daniels Band) and Bob Segar.....

pamperedlinda said:
I could have hooked you up with some CDB (that would be Charlie Daniels Band) and Bob Segar.....

"Just give me that old time rock 'n roll"........Love Bob Segar!

chefkristin said:
LOL!!! Oh the memories!!!! :blushing:
I am actually going to a concert tomorrow night (Styx, Foreigner & Def Lepard) I can't wait!!!! I still love most of the hair bands that I used to listen to. It is so funny. I can listen to anything from Barry Manilow to Metallica.
Metallica is when I am pissed off!!!!! It calms me down! Crazy huh?? LOL

I appreciate Metallica more now than I did when I was younger. I saw an interview with James Hetfield (sp) and he really impressed me - very ground and well spoken

all time favorite.........AC/DC!!!!!!!:thumbup: :love: :love: :thumbup:
I bought all my kids AC/DC shirts and wanted to pose them doing a headbanger pose in front of the Christmas tree with the caption, "Hope you have a Rockin' Christmas!" DH vetoed it - I thought it was cool!

ChefBeckyD said:

"here I am, on the road again.......here I am, up on the stage.....here I am, playing star again......here I am, turn the page":thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
Me too! 70'S Rock is my favorite.

pamperedlinda said:

In my book, Charlie Daniels was the first (and best) rap ever with Devil Went Down to Georgia!!

Believe it or not, I'm a country girl at heart. And not just new either, love the old twangy style and bluegrass too!! Guess I'm really weird huh? I can go from AC/DC to bluegrass?!?!:eek:

ah, he's moved on.........now it's Bon Jovi..... Blaze of Glory

Better get the bics out:cool:

amy07 said:
In my book, Charlie Daniels was the first (and best) rap ever with Devil Went Down to Georgia!!

Believe it or not, I'm a country girl at heart. And not just new either, love the old twangy style and bluegrass too!! Guess I'm really weird huh? I can go from AC/DC to bluegrass?!?!:eek:

You're not weird - you're well-rounded! I love almost every genre of music - except progressive jazz, and most rap. And I agree - Devil Went Down to Georgia is a classic! I can still recite the whole song!
When I was growing up - Saturday nights at our house were "Hee Haw" nights - Dad had to watch it EVERY Saturday night.....I HATED it then, but now when I catch a rerun, it's sorta fun!

How funny this thread is!:D I use to love Guns N Roses! :love: It was my husband's favorite band when we first got together. My hubby use to wear his hat backwards and had long hair and kinda reminded me of Axel Rose, but my Man is waaay better looking! :love: :love:
It's funny how much he's changed! His hair is now short, I barely ever see him in a hat anymore and he doesn't listen to Metal very much anymore. He likes Christian Rock. Amazing what changes we've both been through in the last 17 1/2 years!
Thanks for the walk down memory music lane! I still like 80's and 90's music. I can't stand most of the music now-a-days! I listen to a lot of Christian Rock too, plus it's safe for my kids to listen to! I don't have to spend my time trying to figure out how to explain, "take you to the candyshop, let you lick the lollipop!!":eek: :blushing: :eek: :rolleyes: I never have to worry about that anymore and that's nice!:thumbup:

For the record, I rock at GnR Sweet Child of Mine on Guitar Hero II on Xbox 360. That is all. :D

Ohhh yeah, I remember GnR! In HS at my house the BIGGEST party of th year rockin out to that song!:p

Laura..
Pampered Laura said:
For the record, I rock at GnR Sweet Child of Mine on Guitar Hero II on Xbox 360. That is all. :D

This is the first time I've seen you in the FRUIT hat!! Looks GREAT!!

Liz:balloon:

Styx still puts on quite a show - I saw them a year ago. Dennis DeYoung is gone after wanting to do more theater type productions (Mr. Roboto) and John Ponozzo died in 1996 but they remarkably sound like they used to. Odd that one of the more prolific bands of the late 20th Century would relegated to an opening act.Arguably, the first crap single was by Blondie, Rapture, on the Autoamerican album in 1980, along with The Tide Is High.Which doesn't mean I don't like Devil Went Down to Georgia. I bought that album in 1979, yes, it predates Rapture but it wasn't released as a single. Rapture went gold as a single and was the first popular single to feature crap.Did you know that the C in crap was silent?

Ah Rapture...I didn't realize I knew all the words until it was on the radio a couple of months ago and I sang along like a nut. My daughter thought I was crazy!:cool:

Is anyone else surprised that all the
GNR members are still alive?? I remember when they first came out and my college roommates and I were betting on who we thought would OD first. (My money was on Slash...)

Pampered Laura said:

My husband has that for his PS2. He loves it. :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Styx still puts on quite a show - I saw them a year ago. Dennis DeYoung is gone after wanting to do more theater type productions (Mr. Roboto) and John Ponozzo died in 1996 but they remarkably sound like they used to. Odd that one of the more prolific bands of the late 20th Century would relegated to an opening act.

Arguably, the first crap single was by Blondie, Rapture, on the Autoamerican album in 1980, along with The Tide Is High.

Which doesn't mean I don't like Devil Went Down to Georgia. I bought that album in 1979, yes, it predates Rapture but it wasn't released as a single. Rapture went gold as a single and was the first popular single to feature crap.

Did you know that the C in crap was silent?

HaHa! didn't catch on to the silent "C" until the last sentence!

And STYX! So many of their songs are still favorites - "Show Me The Way", "Too Much Time On My Hands", "Lady", "Come Sail Away", "Angry Young Man"..........

Oh, the memories! Dh & I, & my BIL & SIL went to a Poison concert a few years ago...fun times!
My all time fave is Bon Jovi though, loved him 20 years ago, still love him:love:
Dh & I need to get out Guitar Hero; haven't played it in awhile. That is much harder than I expected!

I think Come Sail Away an Lorilei are probably the two most popular singles from Styx. I think I'm the only one in my immediate group of friends that likes Mr. Roboto. I even bought Kilroy Was Here.

Pampered Laura said:

Now, how did I know that GnR might have appealed to you?:D

Both SILs (Keyboard/lead vocals & bass) were in a Styx tribute band together & met Styx when they were in town. That was so long ago that Dennis DeYoung was still singing.

People used to come up to SIL & look in his face trying to see if he was lip synching. He wasn't. They were awesome! SIL sounds just like Dennis.
Some of my favorites-Come Sail Away, Suite Madame Blue, Renegade, Miss America & yes, Mr. Robato. They later branched out to more groups such as the Scorpions (The Zoo, Winds of Change), AC/DC, GnR, Led Zepplin (Kashmir, Immigrant Song, Rock n Roll). We have many great memories from going to watch them. Now they are both working on separate new bands.

DD has a luau every year & with all the sound & light equpiment they have, it makes karyoke so much fun. Everyone gets their chance to be a rock star
and by the time that starts, inhibitions are usually gone:D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I think Come Sail Away an Lorilei are probably the two most popular singles from Styx. I think I'm the only one in my immediate group of friends that likes Mr. Roboto. I even bought Kilroy Was Here.
Are you kidding, Domo origato :p MR Roboto all the way!

Our wedding song was a newer Styx song: Paradise!!

*sighs* This topic reminds me of last summer while cleaning out the attic preparing to move, I found a boxful of my concert t-shirts from the 80's. My teen daughter (who is small enough to fit into them) begged me for them!! I figured her wearing them was better than them being boxed up and forgotten. I do get a little misty-eyed and sentimental seeing them - I went to some awesome concerts!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
When I was growing up - Saturday nights at our house were "Hee Haw" nights - Dad had to watch it EVERY Saturday night.....I HATED it then, but now when I catch a rerun, it's sorta fun!

Right there with you. The good old days, when country music was not pop music with some fiddle and/or banjo thrown in . . . . Did you have to endure Lawrence Welk too?

chefjeanine said:
Right there with you. The good old days, when country music was not pop music with some fiddle and/or banjo thrown in . . . . Did you have to endure Lawrence Welk too?

That made me laugh out loud! At home - it was always Hee Haw - but if we happened to be at Grandpa & Grandma's - it was Lawrence Welk! "That Norma Zimmerman - now she has a beautiful voice!" I can still hear my Grandma saying that! And "Oh Tom Netherton! I love it when he sings!" :D :D :D

"ana one, ana two......"

Were the Lennon Sisters still on LW then?
My late FIL always watched LW, Gunsmoke, Hee Haw & Tiny Talent Time.

The topic here started with Guns n Roses....now we are at Lawrence Welk....that's a huge leap!

That's what getting older will do for you.

Related to My DH in the Basement - High School Flashbacks!

1. What is this "My DH in the Basement" post referring to?

This post is referring to a common situation where a spouse or significant other is playing loud music in the basement, causing the person writing the post to have flashbacks to their high school days.

2. Why are high school flashbacks mentioned in the post?

The loud music in the basement may remind the person of their high school days because that was a time when they may have listened to similar music or had similar experiences.

3. What does "DH" stand for in the post?

"DH" is an abbreviation for "Dear Husband". It is commonly used in online forums and social media as a term of endearment for a spouse.

4. What is the significance of the song lyrics mentioned in the post?

The song lyrics mentioned in the post are from the popular rock song "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses. The mention of these lyrics adds humor and relatability to the post for those who remember the song.

5. How can I relate to this post?

If you have ever experienced a similar situation where loud music or a familiar song triggered memories from your past, you can relate to this post. It is a lighthearted and relatable experience that many people can understand and empathize with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76