• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Daughter Loves the Hotdog Slicer, .. Oh Wait......

In summary, Lisa's 3-year-old daughter was slicing bananas in the egg slicer and was asking for another hotdog. Then she asked if we could use the slicer to cut the hotdog. I gave it a try and it worked. This was a cold hotdog, and not a tough skin which I am sure helped, but it sliced it beautifully.
genburk
Silver Member
It is not called a hot dog slicer, but it works. I think I need to go to the thread titled "let's play a game" and add this. She (3 years old) was slicing bananas in the egg slicer and was asking for another hotdog. Then she asked if we could use the slicer to cut the hotdog. I gave it a try and it worked. This was a cold hotdog, and not a tough skin which I am sure helped, but it sliced it beautifully.

Any other weirds uses for the egg slicer?

Other than the normal grapes, strawberries, kiwi, mushrooms and egss, I can't think of anything...

but speaking of hotdog slicers Nancy's has an adorable octopus maker to make octopus hotdogs (it's in her non-pc section)

olives, fresh mozzarella cheese

[/QUOTE]but speaking of hotdog slicers Nancy's has an adorable octopus maker to make octopus hotdogs (it's in her non-pc section)[/QUOTE]

I make octopus hotdogs for my daycare by slicing the hotdog long ways but leaving about 1.5 inch at the top intact. Put in boiling water and the legs curl upwards. I serve it on blue-tinted noodles or salad. The kids love it!

but speaking of hotdog slicers Nancy's has an adorable octopus maker to make octopus hotdogs (it's in her non-pc section)[/QUOTE]

I make octopus hotdogs for my daycare by slicing the hotdog long ways but leaving about 1.5 inch at the top intact. Put in boiling water and the legs curl upwards. I serve it on blue-tinted noodles or salad. The kids love it![/QUOTE]

Oh, how cute!:p I want to make it now for my kids!:D

I have also used the egg slicer to cut butter when I am having a dinner party. They come out nice and uniform and look great on the table.

This will make you all laugh.......I was doing a show with LOTS of repeat people and I'm showing the Egg Slicer Plus and slicing strawberries with it for the Tuxedo Brownie Bites and talking of all the uses for it being able to slice.......eggs, olives, kiwi, mushrooms, etc. and this girl is sitting there, whom I know slightly and she's leaning forward and is just looking awe struck, and she kept asking me about what things again I can use with this and I go over the list, but I'm trying to keep the show moving as I was trying to wrap up, and she finally says "I've just got to buy one of them, that's so cool it can cut so many things!"

So I said, "Steph, that's great, I'll be happy to help you with your order." :D I'm just about to start passing the TBB out and I hear "Gesh, Steph what are you crazy, You've ALREADY got the slicer!!" from her mom, and she turns and says, ........ drum roll please............

"But Mom, mine only slices eggs, it's NOT the egg slicer plus, I've got the really old one, just the egg slicer one!!" :eek: :eek:

She was 100% serious, the whole room burst into laughter!! She was like "What, what's so funny??"

Trying to keep a straight face, :cool: I said, "Steph, I'll be more than happy to sell you an egg slicer plus, but the old one will work to same, they just re-styled it and added the plus as people use it for more than just eggs."

She still looked confused :eek: and even after I tried telling her again and even showing her it had same basic blade as hers, she still ordered a new one.

About 3 weeks after the show, I saw her, and she was like NOW I get why everyone laughed, it's the SAME thing!!

She's been at shows since and if I know she's there, I usually try and at least bring the ES+ with me, just for giggles if nothing else.

Hope this brightens your day and may you think of this now EVERY time you use it or show it at a show......I Do!!

Lisa

PS,
Yes, she's blonde too, and that's all everyone's said about that, her true "colors" showed through, lol.

My son LOVES hot dogs. I am going to have to try this!

I do not use mine for strawberries anymore though b/c I have broken two doing it!

OMG!! Lisa, that is SO FUNNY! What a story! she must have been so embarrassed after the fact! Thanks for the laugh!

pc ri lisa said:
I have also used the egg slicer to cut butter when I am having a dinner party. They come out nice and uniform and look great on the table.
I LOVE this... so will my MIL. She is the "Martha Stewart" of her friends and is always looking for new ways to be creative...
Thanks!

What is the hotdog slicer made of?

The hotdog slicer is made of durable plastic and stainless steel blades.

Can the hotdog slicer be used for other foods besides hotdogs?

Yes, the hotdog slicer can also be used for slicing other cylindrical foods such as sausages and pickles.

Is the hotdog slicer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the hotdog slicer is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

What age is the hotdog slicer recommended for?

The hotdog slicer is recommended for children ages 5 and up with adult supervision.

Can the hotdog slicer cut the hotdog into different shapes?

No, the hotdog slicer only cuts the hotdog into uniform slices for safety reasons.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies