• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Ultimate Pineapple Slicer: PC vs. Betty Crocker

In summary, a customer claims to have bought a pineapple cutter from PC many years ago, but other customers have suggested it may have been from another company or outlet. The discussion also includes a request for PC to offer a mango cutter and a funny anecdote about a host mistaking a non-PC product for a PC one.
pamperedtara
Gold Member
I have a host that swears she bought a pineapple cutter from PC many years ago. It peels, cores and slices and you twist it like a corkscrew. I was a PC customer for many years before becoming a consultant, & I don't remember anything like this. Anyone else????

Another customer did the same thing with a cake slicer?? Turned out it was a Betty Crocker tool!!

I don't know about a PC one, but I have one that I bought from Safeway. I love it! I suggested to PC that they offer one in their line.:D

I don't ever remember a pineaple slicer.

I had a lady at a show recently saying she saw this on our web-site! The only thing I can think of is that it might have been on the Outlet? I didn't think PC ever had one! Can anyone confirm?

I've been selling PC since 1996 and we haven't had a pineapple slicer in that time.

I've been here since 93 no pineaplpe slicer or anything similiar. Not sure what she saw on the website

Couldn't the question at hand be resolved by asking the guest if there is a PC logo on it? I believe PC stamps all their product with some sort of logo, right?

I saw one on qvc or hsn a few weeks ago on tv. That sounds just like the same one I saw. Maybe she's confussed.

Leigh0725 said:
Couldn't the question at hand be resolved by asking the guest if there is a PC logo on it? I believe PC stamps all their product with some sort of logo, right?

I did ask to see it when I was doing a show at her house. It didn't have a logo on it (nor did the box), so I told her it probably wasn't PC because we logo everything. She insisted that she bought it from her former PC lady, so I just thought I would check with you guys!

I always find it fascinating how adamant people are about something....and then it isn't true. Could be one of the other DS companies sold a pineapple slicer...

I don't know that I feel a pineapple slicer would be a product I'd recommend but I would love to see a mango cutter. I bought one at Williams Sonoma this weekend and it is wonderful. I make fresh fruit salsa at some shows and I've always mangled the mango. Now with this tool, I won't look like an idiot!

bethsbiz said:
I always find it fascinating how adamant people are about something....and then it isn't true. Could be one of the other DS companies sold a pineapple slicer...
I don't know that I feel a pineapple slicer would be a product I'd recommend but I would love to see a mango cutter. I bought one at Williams Sonoma this weekend and it is wonderful. I make fresh fruit salsa at some shows and I've always mangled the mango. Now with this tool, I won't look like an idiot!

And maybe her PC Lady also sold for the other company...

The PC logo hasn't always been on every product, but it would have been on the box. My guess is it wasn't PC. Unfortunately, most people are so sure that they're hard to reason with.

Did she see the Santoku knife cutting the pineapple? I promote that is my pineapple slicer! Ha!

bethsbiz said:

Are you going to use this during your PC shows?

raebates said:
The PC logo hasn't always been on every product, but it would have been on the box. My guess is it wasn't PC. Unfortunately, most people are so sure that they're hard to reason with.
Like the lady who was POSITIVE her scraper was from Pampered Chef - even though it said Rubbermaid on the handle?:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
Like the lady who was POSITIVE her scraper was from Pampered Chef - even though it said Rubbermaid on the handle?:eek:

That is so funny!!!

I asked a host last week while we were preparing before the show if she had the PC Food Chopper for me to chop something she was making and she said yes and handed it to me. I started chopping and said "this isn't PC," HA!! She said she always thought it was b/c most of her kitchen was!! I told her it could be an old version but I did not see the logo and it did not feel like ours either! We got a good laugh out of it!!!

When was the last time the chopper was changed?

chopper changed approx. 7 years ago
the old one the "stem" part of it wasn't covered in plastic it looked like it had a coil of wire around it. The knife guard was a flat disk either clear or light gray.

Years ago, I don't think every pkg had out logo either.
I miss that hen & the chef's hat :(

Related to Discover the Ultimate Pineapple Slicer: PC vs. Betty Crocker

What are the main differences between the Pampered Chef and Betty Crocker pineapple slicers?

The Pampered Chef pineapple slicer has a stainless steel blade and a comfortable grip handle, while the Betty Crocker slicer has a plastic blade and handle. Additionally, the Pampered Chef slicer has a push-down mechanism to easily remove the pineapple core, while the Betty Crocker slicer requires manual twisting to remove the core.

Which pineapple slicer is more durable?

The Pampered Chef pineapple slicer is known for its durability and long-lasting performance due to its high-quality materials. The Betty Crocker slicer may be more prone to breaking or bending due to its plastic components.

Is the Pampered Chef pineapple slicer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Pampered Chef pineapple slicer is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. The Betty Crocker slicer is not recommended for use in the dishwasher.

Can the Pampered Chef pineapple slicer also be used for other fruits?

Yes, the Pampered Chef pineapple slicer can also be used for other fruits such as apples, pears, and melons. It is a versatile kitchen tool that can make slicing and coring various fruits quick and easy.

What is the warranty for the Pampered Chef pineapple slicer?

The Pampered Chef pineapple slicer comes with a limited lifetime warranty, ensuring that it will be replaced or repaired if it becomes damaged or defective. The Betty Crocker slicer does not come with a warranty.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • afokkema4u
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC