• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Business Cards Worked!!! Now What?

In summary, a woman called me and said she had never seen a PC catalog or heard of the company before. She wanted me to drop one off so she could look at it and take it into work. I would just give her a catalog, but stay with her and answer any questions she may have. I would ask her if she is interested in viewing a show or if she would just like to jump in a have her own show and get free products. Be gentle!
PamperedK
Silver Member
I put up a "Pampered Chef Consultant in your Neighbourhood" flyer in my apartment building and a lady just called me! She said she's heard of PC but never seen a catalog or anything and she wants me to drop one off so she can look at it and take it into work!

What else should I put in there? Obviousy, a few order forms, but should I write a little note and include something about bookings? She's not going to be home when I drop it off, so I want to be sure I give her enough information.

TIA!

I would just give her a catalog, but stay with her and answer any questions she may have. Ask her if she is interested in viewing a show or if she would just like to jump in a have her own show and get free products. Be gentle!

cmdtrgd said:
I would just give her a catalog, but stay with her and answer any questions she may have. Ask her if she is interested in viewing a show or if she would just like to jump in a have her own show and get free products. Be gentle!

Good advice, thanks...would you include any order forms or no? Just let her look through it and maybe call her in a few days?

I wouldn't because all she asked for is a catalog. If you give her an order form, she will feel pushed. If you give her more than one, she will feel like you are there for your benefit.

I would ask if you could go through some of the major collections with her and then do a quick catalog walk through. Then make sure she is okay with you calling or emailing her in a couple days.

True, true. Thank you!! I'm just so excited. I just started and this is my first real contact with someone that I don't know indirectly through family and friends!!!

Great! I know you are excited and let that show through the love of the products! Good luck and let us know what happens!

cmdtrgd said:
I would ask if you could go through some of the major collections with her and then do a quick catalog walk through. Then make sure she is okay with you calling or emailing her in a couple days.

She's not home now but asked that I drop off a catalog with her husband. She did give me her phone number though, so I guess that's an invitation to call her - right?

If she gave it to you without asking, I see that as an invitation. Call her on Tuesday as to give her some time, but to keep it professional enough for her to feel you are there to take care of her. Make sense?

Totally. I hope I was OK on the phone with her just now...=SI'd hate to think I said something wrong...but I'm sure it was fine - I just offered to bring a catalog up to her (she lives 4 floors up)...eep.

You'll be fine...just breathe :D

Yeah, I sound like a crazy person don't I? I'm not normally this...excitable...I guess I had a slow Sunday!!

No, it is fun to get people excited about PC! In fact, I got take out breakfast this morning and as I was waiting, someone saw my PC bag and I gave her a catalog. Luckily I only had an old one and was able to get her info to send her a new one!

That's awesome! That's why I really wish I could get a catalog tote. I have a pin on my tote, but people might just think I really love PC - not that they could actually get a catalog from me!

Where can you get a PC catalog tote?

It is on the supply order form.

On the paperwork supply order form. They are $15 and have a clear pocket that fits the catalog perfectly!

I think US Consultants can get them through Supply Order...but I don't think Canadians can get them anymore.

Are you Canadian? If you want one, let me know and I'll order it for you and ship it to you. Obviously, you would have to pay me what I pay...did that sound snotty?

Haha that didn't sound snotty at all!I may just take you up on that - but it would have to be after my next commission check. What do you think it would cost after shipping to you and then to me?

I have no clue!

Haha alright ;)It can't be very much. Are you sure that would be OK because I'd really like to take you up on that offer next month.

I'm fine with it. Just email me when you are ready [email protected]I know it is $15 US plus tax and shipping. How does the exchange thing work?

Do you have PayPal? If you do - I can send the money in US funds...if you don't, I could send you a US$ money order. Whichever is best for you. I'll definitely email you once I get my commission check - thanks so much!!

I do have PayPal, so we can use that.

cmdtrgd said:
I wouldn't because all she asked for is a catalog. If you give her an order form, she will feel pushed. If you give her more than one, she will feel like you are there for your benefit.

I agree on not giving her an order form but I would include a flyer with both the host and guest special. That way you can lead into bookings but if not she can get the guest special *if interested* as long as you have an open show to add it to.

Ok, so I called to follow up with that woman this week - but she isn't home and she hasn't called me back. Should I leave another message? I basically just said I was calling to see if she had any questions and I'd try to get back to her. How many times would you call?

I would suggest that you try out a recipe that is easy to wrap up a bit and take it to her. Call her and let her know that you are trying a new PC recipe and would like her opinion. That way you can get together with her.

I wish I could hang something up in the complex that I live in--we have no soliciting signs everywhere! I just moved almost 2 months ago from another building in the complex to this one and haven't met many yet here. I am trying to think of a way of doing something here without getting into trouble.

We have new management so I think I'll stop by the office and see if the new manager has any suggestions.

I can't wait for warmer weather so I can wear my PC t shirts around the complex.

The catalog tote bag does bring attention and if you don't have it you should try to budget for one--it has started lots of conversations and has gotten me a few shows and orders.

Good luck with your neighbor and do try bringing a recipe that you've tried over as a gesture. It is so hard sometimes to figure out who doesn't mind you calling them and sometimes they are waiting for you, and others who just want to look and will call you when they are ready. As someone else wrote be gentle. I would also try to give the specials for the month as sometimes it helps to get someone to book!

Harriet - have a show and send out invites to everyone in the complex! That way you're not posting stuff.

cmdtrgd said:
Harriet - have a show and send out invites to everyone in the complex! That way you're not posting stuff.

I need names. The mailboxes are not up to date. Are you suggesting sending to Apt #?

cmdtrgd said:

Good idea! I was thinking of doing that for March.

We have no soliciting signs around, but we also have a cork board where the building MGR posts notices...the Partylite lady puts stuff up so I figured it was OK. My poster was taken down once, but I put it back up and attached an envelope with my business cards in it and it's stayed up since, so hopefully someone took it down because they wanted my contact information!

pamperedharriet said:
I need names. The mailboxes are not up to date. Are you suggesting sending to Apt #?

Can you put them under doors? Would that be soliciting? We get stuff stuffed under our doors all the time.

We only get management notices under our doors.

Winnipegk said:
Good idea! I was thinking of doing that for March.

We have no soliciting signs around, but we also have a cork board where the building MGR posts notices...the Partylite lady puts stuff up so I figured it was OK. My poster was taken down once, but I put it back up and attached an envelope with my business cards in it and it's stayed up since, so hopefully someone took it down because they wanted my contact information!

I'll have to ask the new management if they will have a cork board so we can hang flyers and business cards. Wouldn't be that bad of an idea but up until a month ago we used to be able to go there and pay our rent and now they want us to mail it to another location off the premises--sucks! It's almost like there is no reason to go in there anymore!

We can't even hang anything in the laundry rooms! Nothing on our front doors either!

I can only hope that someone will see my PC label on my car and ring my bell!

pamperedharriet said:
I'll have to ask the new management if they will have a cork board so we can hang flyers and business cards. Wouldn't be that bad of an idea but up until a month ago we used to be able to go there and pay our rent and now they want us to mail it to another location off the premises--sucks! It's almost like there is no reason to go in there anymore!

We can't even hang anything in the laundry rooms! Nothing on our front doors either!

Really??? We can't put stuff in the laundry rooms, but if I wanted to put something on my door, I could.

Are you in a condo or apartment?

I am in an apartment. I had to move from the other one I was in for 3 years to here December 1st as the side of the street I was on was converting to condos. We used to be able to hang stuff on our doors but just before Christmas they sent out notices asking everyone to remove things from their doors as they want everything "uniform". I felt bad for all the people who had just bought wreaths,etc and had to find somewhere else to put them.

Well, I got ahold of her. She said it was too expensive for her work friends but she'd like to place an order for herself next month when she has more money. So that's good! I basically just said I was here to answer any questions she had and didn't push anything else on her at all - I just hope she keeps me in mind for the future. !

Winnipegk said:
Well, I got ahold of her. She said it was too expensive for her work friends but she'd like to place an order for herself next month when she has more money.

So that's good! I basically just said I was here to answer any questions she had and didn't push anything else on her at all - I just hope she keeps me in mind for the future. !

Well, at least the "ice" is broken now and hopefully she will place her order and maybe down the road book a show for you. You did good!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jengillette
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Pamperedva
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies