• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Must-Haves" for a New Consultant?

In summary, the new consultant should order "must-haves" for their kit that are not included, such as gift coupons, a season's best cookbook, or prize items from the director or recruiter.
dancedivine
Hello, everyone!

I was just wondering if you could suggest some "must-haves" for a new consultant (myself)? I am getting my kit today, but I am wondering what I should do about door prizes, etc since those things aren't included in the kit. Is there something I should go ahead and order on the supply sheet? What are the "must-haves" that I need to order that won't be included in my new consultant's kit?

Thanks for the information :)

When I first started I used "gift coupons" as door prizes because I did not have anything to give away. Each "coupon" was for a small product that the customer could add to their order. For example I used...paring knives, citrus peelers, mini serving spatulas, etc. I would use anything under $5.00!

Ok, then you would order that item with your consultant discount? That seems like it would get expensive since you would have to pay for the shipping, too. Or, do you just pay for the item yourself at regular retail price & have the "winner" pay for the shipping? I'm curious to know how that works. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

You can hardly beat giving them (your hostess and/or a game winner) the current Seasons Best cookbook with your name and contact info stamped inside the front cover.​

I agree & I do intend to buy some when I get some Pampered Chef dollars. However, I have a cooking show coming up this weekend & I am only getting one copy of "Season's Best" in my new consultant kit. So, I'm not really sure what I should use as door prizes in the meantime. I appreciate any suggestions!Thanks, guys, for the great ideas! :)

you could give the guest(s) free shipping on their order...then you pay that amount when you submit the show.

you could always ask someone in your group or from your director to see if they can lend you one or two seasons best until you get stocked up...

dancedivine said:
Ok, then you would order that item with your consultant discount? That seems like it would get expensive since you would have to pay for the shipping, too. Or, do you just pay for the item yourself at regular retail price & have the "winner" pay for the shipping? I'm curious to know how that works. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

You can add it to their order and just pay for that part of their order. They get free shipping anyway so you don't have to worry about that. I usually do a season best. It's only $1 and people seem to love it!

sk8rgrrl99 said:
You can add it to their order and just pay for that part of their order. They get free shipping anyway so you don't have to worry about that. I usually do a season best. It's only $1 and people seem to love it!

Yes...this is how I do my "gift coupons." I only gave away 1 or 2 gift coupons at my first show. 1 for the winner of the game and 1 for a door prize drawing. The cost was not that much...maybe $7.00.

dancedivine said:

First welcome to CS!

If you give a guest or host a gift that you do not have on hand and need to order, one option is to add it to their order. You enter their order, and their payment, then add the item on their order then enter a payment for the additional amount as "consultant gift". That way they get the item with the show and you can keep track of it as an expense. You have to pay full price, but you do make commision on the item.

Or you can see if you can buy some prize items from your director or recruiter.

Hope that helps!

Ok, that's a really good idea. I could even give out "coupons" for the cookbooks & then add them to the hostess' order (since she gets a discount and free shipping) - and I'll pay for them that way. Thanks for the fabulous ideas!

1. What are the essential kitchen tools I need to start my Pampered Chef business?

As a new consultant, it's important to have a few key kitchen tools to get started. The first must-have is our Executive Nonstick Square Grill Pan, which is perfect for grilling meats and vegetables. You'll also want our Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls, which are great for meal prep and cooking. Lastly, the Manual Food Processor is a versatile tool for chopping, blending, and pureeing ingredients.

2. Is there a specific knife set that is recommended for Pampered Chef consultants?

We highly recommend our Essential Series Knife Set for new consultants. It includes a 3 1/2" Paring Knife, 5" Santoku Knife, and 8" Chef's Knife, which are the three most commonly used knives in the kitchen. These high-quality knives will make meal prep a breeze and last for years to come.

3. Can you suggest a versatile cookware set for new consultants?

Our Executive Nonstick Cookware Set is a must-have for any Pampered Chef consultant. It includes a 12" Nonstick Skillet, 8-qt. Stockpot, and 2-qt. Saucepan, which are all essential for cooking a variety of dishes. The nonstick surface makes cooking and cleaning up a breeze.

4. What is the best way to store and organize my Pampered Chef products?

We recommend investing in our Large Deluxe Utility Tote for storing and transporting your Pampered Chef products. It's a durable and spacious tote that can hold all of your essential tools and cookware. Plus, it has several pockets and compartments for easy organization.

5. Are there any must-have accessories or gadgets that I should have as a new consultant?

One accessory that we highly recommend is our Flexible Cutting Mats. They are perfect for cutting and prepping ingredients, and they are also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Additionally, our Veggie Strip Maker and Garlic Peeler & Press are great gadgets to have on hand for quick and easy meal preparation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gussey30
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
workingontwo
  • Tonimabbott
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • ChefEsther