• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Music Preference? Show Your Appreciation with the 'Thanks' Button!

A
Admin Greg
Thank you system!There is a new button next to the quote...edit... buttons called "thanks". If a member makes a post or thread that is especially helpful, go ahead and click "thanks" to show your appreciation!

Test it in this post :)

This is a great idea!! But I doubt it would work on CS with so many wanting their post numbers up.

...I KNOW. I have a lot of posts here too :eek: (but I really do try to say SOMETHING useful in them!)...:p

bethcooks4u said:
This is a great idea!! But I doubt it would work on CS with so many wanting their post numbers up.

Who said anything about CS? :p

This is a great idea!

Hmmm...can we have a me too one..hehe..just kidding

I guess I'm an 80's girl growing up listening to fave groups like Depeche Mode, U2, the classice alternative bands.
But I love to dance to DISCO! There's a local group called the Disco pimps that play only 70's funk, they rock and are soo much fun!

Can't get into any of these new bands. I guess I'm getting old like that.:p

And you?

I like pretty much everything except country (old country like what was actually sung on the trails is okay) and death rap. Disco is not my favorite.

80's, Old Alternative (we used to call it "Modern Rock" LOL) like Depeche Mode, PJ Harvey, Kate Bush, The Cure, Siouxie and the Banshees - and alo a lot of alternative 90's music. I loved Grunge. I was once considered.... a goth... ! EEP!! :)

However -- Tori Amos is and will remain my all time favoritiest :)

I, too, am an 80's girl - probably because of all the great - able to understand, sing along and dance to them songs! - plus I went to both high school and college in the
80's so the songs evoke a ton of memories for me. Last year my college friend bought me an 80's rock ballad CD - with all the big hair bands - I listen to it all the time. But I love disco too Heather - the Bee Gees rock!:) I know a lot of people are forced to listen to their kids music in the car - we don't - my kids listen to my favorite groups - my 6 yr. old can sing along to Van Halen and Bon Jovi and it just makes me laugh to see them enjoying the songs as well.

yummybytes said:
80's, Old Alternative (we used to call it "Modern Rock" LOL) like Depeche Mode, PJ Harvey, Kate Bush, The Cure, Siouxie and the Banshees - and alo a lot of alternative 90's music. I loved Grunge. I was once considered.... a goth... ! EEP!! :)

Yup all of those are classic! And I picked up a liking for Tori too back in the 90's (college days) so she's my most up to date preference (which btw, I saw on a show just recently -she did a mini concert and totally rocked it)! oh and Sarah Mc Clauclain (spelling).

I am an 80s girl also. However, I have given up all of my old music and now only listen to Contemporary and Southern Gospel. I find it uplifting and it helps my day go better. My son listens to country and some "classic rock", which I can tolerate, but he also listens to that loud bass "bumping" music the kids seem to love. I can't stand it and he can't listen while he is with me. I tell him its trash...garbage in, garbage out!

yummybytes said:

Me too...goth that is. I sure look different now! LOL!!
I still love all the music. My tastes include hard rock, alt metal, classic alternative and the newer stuff too. I LOVE Panic at the Disco and The Killers, as well as many more that I cannot think of right now...

I listen to Country and some Contemporary Christian. I can listen to some 80s rock.

I listen to a wide variety. My favorite music is Celtic Rock. Tempest, Steeleye Span, Jethro Tull, Great Big Sea... I also still listen to my 80s 'alternative' music, and traditional Celtic music, bluegrass, broadway show tunes, folk, pop, rock, blues, OLD jazz (not that new freewheeling non melodic crap)...

If you like Tori Amos (isn't she wonderful?) you should give Thea Gilmore a try.

I listen to nearly anything at all. I have to keep moderation with country though- it gets to me after a rather short while.

caynreth said:
If you like Tori Amos (isn't she wonderful?) you should give Thea Gilmore a try.

I will take you up on that. I adore any Celtic music as well :) Lorenna McKennit is a staple for me.

You seem to have a lot of cosmic twin parallels to me, too :) haha

I listen to mostly contemporary Christian, alternative Christian, Christian rock, but if I don't like the song that's on I'll turn the station to pop music or 80's.

How many thanks does everyone have? I think beth is in the lead with 26 :)

I listen to just about anything. Depends on my mood. I love 80's rock...80's pop...and absolutely LOVE disco. My kids think I'm nuts when I put my disco cd's in and dance around the kitchen!!!

Thanks count is now in your postbit :)

1. What factors influence a person's music preference?

There are a variety of factors that can influence a person's music preference, including cultural background, personal experiences, social influences, and individual personality traits.

2. Can music preference change over time?

Yes, music preference can change over time. As people grow and experience new things, their tastes in music may also evolve and shift.

3. Is there a difference between liking a song and liking a genre of music?

Yes, there is a difference between liking a specific song and liking a genre of music. Liking a song involves enjoying the specific musical elements and lyrics, while liking a genre involves enjoying the overall style and characteristics of a certain type of music.

4. How does music preference impact mood and emotions?

Music preference can have a significant impact on mood and emotions. Different types of music can evoke different emotions and even influence the release of certain neurotransmitters in the brain.

5. Can music preference be influenced by external factors?

Yes, external factors such as media exposure, peer influence, and cultural norms can all play a role in shaping a person's music preference. These factors can introduce individuals to new types of music and influence their perceptions and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jackieblue
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
heather223