• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Muffin Stones: To Line or Not to Line - Oiling Tips

In summary, Muffin Stones are stoneware baking pans made from natural clay and known for their even heat distribution. They do not have a non-stick coating, making them a healthier option for baking. They do not require liners, as the stoneware itself has a non-stick surface. Preheating is recommended to ensure even baking, and cleaning is simple with just warm water and mild soap.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Are muffin liners needed for the muffin stones? If not, do the cups need to be oiled before the batter is put in?

No liners are needed!!! If it is a new stone I would oil it down good. I've had mine for awhile and I still have trouble when I make corn muffins. They stick and usually only the top half comes out :(

I've used them both ways. I have a Corned Beef Pattie recipe that I used
directly in the 6 cup muffin stoneware. They came out perfectly. I also
did muffins directly in them, and other times have done cupcakes with papers.
I used our retired pastry brush to coat the stoneware cups with Crisco before pouring the batter into cups without papers.

Someone mentioned on here a great way to season our muffin stones...cook bacon "curls" in the cups!Also, I just use a paper towel to wipe it with my shortening + flour mixture if I am not using papers.

You could also make meatballs in the pan to season it.

I make meatloaf on all my stones, meat cakes as my pastor calls them, in the muffin pan. Its a fast way to season them.

I use the Stoneware paste--equal parts flour, oil, and shortening. Mix together and brush on with Silicone Basting Brush.

Works AWESOME!!!

Hello! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can say that muffin liners are not necessary when using muffin stones. The non-stick coating on the stones should prevent the muffins from sticking. However, if you prefer to use liners for easy clean up, you can still do so. If you choose not to use liners, then yes, the cups should be lightly oiled before pouring in the batter. This will ensure that the muffins come out of the cups easily. Happy baking!

What are Muffin Stones and how do they differ from traditional muffin pans?

Muffin Stones are stoneware baking pans designed specifically for making muffins. They are made from natural clay and are known for their even heat distribution, resulting in perfectly baked muffins every time. Unlike traditional metal muffin pans, Muffin Stones do not have a non-stick coating, making them a healthier option for baking.

Do I need to line my Muffin Stone when baking muffins?

No, you do not need to line your Muffin Stone when baking muffins. The stoneware naturally has a non-stick surface, making it unnecessary to use liners. Plus, using liners can prevent the muffins from getting that crisp, golden crust that Muffin Stones are known for.

Can I use oil or spray to prevent sticking on my Muffin Stone?

Yes, you can use a small amount of oil or non-stick cooking spray on your Muffin Stone to prevent sticking. However, it is not necessary as the stoneware itself has a non-stick surface. If you do choose to use oil or spray, be sure to use it sparingly to avoid any buildup on the pan.

Do I need to preheat my Muffin Stone before using it?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat your Muffin Stone before using it. Preheating helps to evenly distribute the heat and ensures that your muffins will bake evenly. It also helps to prevent any sticking or burning on the bottom of the muffins.

How do I clean my Muffin Stone?

Cleaning your Muffin Stone is simple and easy. After use, allow the pan to cool completely before cleaning. Then, simply wash it with warm water and a mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the stoneware. You can also use a nylon scraper to remove any stubborn residue, but be gentle to avoid scratching the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pctharper
  • sfdavis918
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
ChefShannoninVA
  • kcjodih