• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moving to Valdosta, GA: Join us on our new adventure!

In summary, the conversation was about a military family's upcoming move from OH to GA. The husband is excited about the move to a unit he's always wanted to go to, while the wife is a bit nervous but also excited. They are starting to look for a house and preparing for the move in 7 1/2 months. They discuss the location of Valdosta, GA and the surrounding areas, with some people having positive opinions and others not being familiar with the area. They also talk about the warmer weather in GA compared to other states, and the potential for fun activities and trips nearby. Overall, the general consensus is that Valdosta is a nice place to live.
ahammons
We just found out that instead of going to OH when DH gets back, we'll be going to GA. He's really excited about it b/c it's with a unit that he's always wanted to go to. I'm a little nervous, but excited at the same time. We still have 7 1/2 months until we move, but we're trying to get a head start at looking for a house and all that fun stuff. :)

I'm looking forward to the winters there! lol

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask... what's around Valdosta? lol I'm really bad with geography (one of DH's biggest pet peeves :p ) all I know is that it's in the southern part of the state.

A gal in my cluster is there..Cindy Geil. She was awarded the Hospitality award last year at Conference! I am not sure if she is doing meetings as her team is TOTALLY spread around the world but if you want I can pm you with her contact info.

Oh and from what I remember her saying....there is nothing in Valdosta. Sorry!! Oh yeah...her housing is falling down..literally but they are bulding new stuff.

HTH~
~Erin

Well, I have a different opinion of Valdosta. I live about 5-6 hours from there but I have an Aunt & Uncle that live there and my husband played there when he played college football.

Valdosta State it there. It is a big city. There are lots of restaurants and I know there is a mall although I haven't been there in a few years. I have always like it the times I have been there. There are some run down areas but they are nice areas too. The college is about 10-11 years old. Their football team is playing for the national championship next weekend in Florence, AL.

From what I have seen on brief visits it is a nice town.

I have a childhood memory of when we would go visit my aunt and uncle we went to a place called the Fun FActory which is was archades and games for kids. I doubt it is still there though - that'sbeen a while! HA!

ahammons said:
I'm looking forward to the winters there! lol

I'm in Macon...the middle of the state on 75. Valdosta is directly south of here, maybe 3 hrs away. Can't give you any info other than....I agree about the winters!!

Today was 71...it is supposed to be in the upper 70's-low 80's this week! I was raised in Ohio so this is all a bit bizarre to me. Shorts...tshirts...flip flops in DECEMBER??

Geesh, it was -12 degrees below zero here in the Twin Cities today...yes you read right...negative 12 below! I wouldn't mind a winter in Georgia, either.

My husband is Retired from the Air Force- I miss moving every 18-24 months. We've been in MN for 6 years now and I've got the moving bug really bad. Especially days like this when you can see your breath in your own home! Brrrr

Kitchen Diva said:
Geesh, it was -12 degrees below zero here in the Twin Cities today...yes you read right...negative 12 below! I wouldn't mind a winter in Georgia, either.

My husband is Retired from the Air Force- I miss moving every 18-24 months. We've been in MN for 6 years now and I've got the moving bug really bad. Especially days like this when you can see your breath in your own home! Brrrr

All my relatives on my mom's side of the family live in MN...Twin Cities, Rochester, and Cleveland. We used to spend a month every summer up there on the lake...it was cold in June!! :eek:

I wasn't real excited about moving to GA from KY but my husband HATES the cold so he was so happy!

We are from the Atlanta area, but go through Valdosta every year on our way to Florida.

While it is not huge, it has grown a lot in the past 20 years. I have not been to the amusement park there, but I heard it is a lot of fun.

Since Valdosta is so close to Florida, you will be located rather close to the beaches of Florida. Jacksonville is not that far from there, maybe two hours. Oh, you will also be located about four driving hours from Disney World! In my family, that is a huge plus!

Also, if you are inclined to make a shopping trip to Atlanta, that would take you about four hours. It would be a fun weekend trip!

The mall has brought a lot of the chain restaurants that you would find all around the United States.

All in all, I think it would probably be a nice place to live.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone - I was just getting a little worried b/c he haven't heard anything at all about that area. Being from Indiana (and spending the last 4 years in Missouri) we're looking forward to the warm weather! :D DH will be going to a unit that is guaranteed to deploy about 4 months each year, but the rest of the time they're at home they will be training. The whole time we've been together, he's worked night shift but when at this base he'll work Monday through Friday days with weekends off... that will be so nice!! I'm sure we'll make a trip or two to Disneyworld, the kids would love it. DH's already talking about weekend trips to the beach. lol

My sister moved there from Florida a couple of years ago and really seems to like it there.
It was much cheaper there then living in Florida.
The rent is alot less then what she was paying in Florida and she says her apt is just as nice if not better.

Kelly V.

I am about an hour away...We are looking at 80 degrees all week here!!! I think that is why it is so hard to believe it is Christmas!!! My girls LOVE going to Wild Adventures(Amusement Park), like someone said earlier there has been a ton of growth just in the past 3 years...My director lives about 30 min from Valdosta if you need Hospitality!! Good luck with your move!!:chef:

chefshannon said:
I am about an hour away...We are looking at 80 degrees all week here!!! I think that is why it is so hard to believe it is Christmas!!! My girls LOVE going to Wild Adventures(Amusement Park), like someone said earlier there has been a ton of growth just in the past 3 years...My director lives about 30 min from Valdosta if you need Hospitality!! Good luck with your move!!:chef:

Thanks, we still have a while until we move but we're already looking for a house. Does Wild Adventures have much for younger kids? Ours will be 4 and 2 when we move there.

YES!!! They have plenty of "little" rides and LOTS of fun entertainment!! They just added the water park which is fun too!!

chefshannon said:
YES!!! They have plenty of "little" rides and LOTS of fun entertainment!! They just added the water park which is fun too!!
Great - I'm sure my kids will love it!

1. Where can I find Pampered Chef products near Valdosta, GA?

There are several options for purchasing Pampered Chef products near Valdosta, GA. You can visit our website and find a local consultant in your area, attend a local vendor event or craft fair where Pampered Chef may be represented, or host a virtual or in-person cooking party with a consultant.

2. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant in the Valdosta, GA area?

If you are interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant in the Valdosta, GA area, you can visit our website and click on the "Join" tab to learn more about the opportunity and sign up. You can also reach out to a local consultant in your area for more information and guidance.

3. Can I attend a Pampered Chef cooking class or demonstration near Valdosta, GA?

Yes, there are often cooking classes and demonstrations hosted by Pampered Chef consultants in the Valdosta, GA area. You can check our website or reach out to a local consultant for upcoming events and classes in your area.

4. Are there any special offers or promotions for Pampered Chef products near Valdosta, GA?

Pampered Chef offers various promotions and specials throughout the year. You can check our website or connect with a local consultant for current offers and discounts in the Valdosta, GA area.

5. How can I host a Pampered Chef party in Valdosta, GA?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is easy and can be done either in-person or virtually. You can reach out to a local consultant in the Valdosta, GA area to schedule a party and discuss the details, or you can visit our website and click on the "Host" tab to learn more and get started.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefLissa
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefLissa
  • pcsharon1