• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moving to Shelby/Cut Bank Mt - Looking for Other Locals

In summary, a woman's husband has recently accepted a job in Ethridge, MT and they are planning to move from Holland/Zeeland, Michigan. She is seeking advice from anyone in the area about schools and other information. She also asks for tips on making a long distance move with children and for her business. One person suggests involving the children in the planning and making it an adventure, as well as setting up a plan for her business. They also recommend making lists and marking off tasks as they are completed.
MHouting
Gold Member
My husband just this past Friday accepted a job out in Ethridge MT.
We currently live in Holland/Zeeland Michigan. He is going out there first to get established, but I'm looking for other consultants in the area to network with! It has been such a huge decision to up and move our family, but with the economy as it is here in Michigan... this is what's best for our family.

Anyone in the area that can shed some light on schools and ANYTHING...!!!
HELP! I'm So overwhelmed with all the information I can find online!:yuck:

I know you all are my family as well and anyone with any advise for the long distace move would be greatly appreciated!

Marcy

[email protected]

MHouting said:
My husband just this past Friday accepted a job out in Ethridge MT.
We currently live in Holland/Zeeland Michigan. He is going out there first to get established, but I'm looking for other consultants in the area to network with! It has been such a huge decision to up and move our family, but with the economy as it is here in Michigan... this is what's best for our family.

Anyone in the area that can shed some light on schools and ANYTHING...!!!
HELP! I'm So overwhelmed with all the information I can find online!:yuck:

I know you all are my family as well and anyone with any advise for the long distace move would be greatly appreciated!

Marcy

[email protected]

I can't help with that location but we have done long distance moves several times. My best advice it make it an adventure, especially if you have children.

No matter what the age, include them in discussions about the new place, things to do, new friends, new start... Ask them to help with age appropriate things - even some of the plan making. Get them excited about it. Get them an address book so they can collect contact informatin of their friends so that they can keep in touch. My sons still (as adults) keep in touch with friends from elementary school and we moved multiple times since then.

For your businesss: set up catalog show in the month and the month after your move to carry you through. As you deal with people in your new location be sure to ask for referrals to get your business growing. Places to start are your husband's co-workers, realtor, banker, anyone you need to do business with in the new community.

Make lists. What needs to get done and when. Be specific and mark things off as they're done so you see progress.

As I said: make it an adventure.

Hi Marcy,Congratulations on your husband's new job! Moving to a new place can definitely be overwhelming, but it sounds like this is the best decision for your family. I'm sure you will find a great community in Ethridge MT.As for networking with other consultants in the area, have you tried reaching out to any professional organizations or groups in your field? They may have local chapters or events that you can attend to meet other professionals in your area. You can also try searching for LinkedIn groups or online forums specific to your industry in Ethridge MT.In terms of schools, have you checked out GreatSchools.org? It's a great resource for researching and comparing schools in different areas. You can also reach out to the local school district for more information and possibly even schedule a tour of the schools in the area.As for the long distance move, make sure to plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time to pack and organize everything. It may also be helpful to declutter and get rid of any items you no longer need before the move. And don't be afraid to ask for help from friends and family!Best of luck with your move and settling into your new community. Keep us updated on how everything goes!

1. What is the population of Shelby/Cut Bank, MT?

The population of Shelby, MT is approximately 3,300 and the population of Cut Bank, MT is approximately 2,900.

2. What is the cost of living like in Shelby/Cut Bank, MT?

The cost of living in Shelby/Cut Bank, MT is lower than the national average. Housing, groceries, and healthcare costs are all below the national average.

3. Are there job opportunities in Shelby/Cut Bank, MT?

There are job opportunities in various industries in Shelby/Cut Bank, MT including agriculture, oil and gas, healthcare, and education. The unemployment rate is also lower than the national average.

4. What are the school options in Shelby/Cut Bank, MT?

Shelby and Cut Bank both have public schools for grades K-12. There are also private and charter school options in the surrounding area.

5. What are some popular recreational activities in Shelby/Cut Bank, MT?

Some popular recreational activities in Shelby/Cut Bank, MT include hunting, fishing, hiking, and camping. There are also community events and festivals held throughout the year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • LCOLACHICO
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies