• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moving Truck Rental Companies??

In summary, the speakers are discussing their upcoming moves and the challenges they face. They have a limited time frame to move out of their current houses and are considering options such as hotels and renting a trailer or moving truck. They also mention companies they are considering for the move, including Uhaul, Budget, Penske, Ryder, and Enterprise.
ahammons
Well, I woke up this morning and reality finally hit me! We have under a month (23 days to be exact) until we have to be out of our house. We have to be out a couple of days early, so that the cleaning company can have it done before our final inspection. Then we'll be in a hotel for a few days, because I don't want to leave before my husband's ALS graduation. His doesn't fly to Korea until July 17th, but the kids and I will probably leave for Indiana the weekend before that. He doesn't think he can handle having the kids at the airport when he leaves.

Anyway, we're getting rid of all of our furniture before the move. (Getting all new furniture when he gets home - can't wait!! :D ) I don't think we'll have that much to actually move, but if we need extra space, we may need to rent a trailer. The only problem is, my car doesn't have a hitch! I want to check out prices on small moving vans/trucks, but am drawing a blank on companies... all I can think of so far, is Uhaul and Budget. We have to pay for our own move though (the AF won't pay for us to move to our new base next year, if we have them pay for this move), so I really need to find a good deal. Any suggestions??

Sorry this is so long! :) I'm really trying not to freak out right now, but we have so much to do! :eek:

I am in same spot as you. We just sold our house and have to be out by July 6th. We decided to rent for a year and then start building our new home but we still haven't found a rental house.:eek: I have about two weeks to find a house and move. Anyway I have also been looking at rental trucks and these are the ones I have found...

Uhaul
Budget
Penske
Ryder
Enterprise

Good luck on your move!

We love enterprise!

1. What is the average cost of renting a moving truck?

The cost of renting a moving truck can vary depending on the size of the truck, distance of the move, and any additional services or insurance you may need. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $30 to $100 per day for a small to medium-sized truck, and $70 to $200 for a larger truck. It's best to get quotes from multiple companies to compare prices and find the best deal.

2. How far in advance should I book a moving truck?

It's recommended to book a moving truck at least 2-4 weeks in advance, especially if you are moving during peak season (typically summer months). This will ensure that you have a truck reserved and avoid any last-minute stress or availability issues. If you are moving during off-peak season, you may be able to book a truck with shorter notice.

3. Can I rent a moving truck one-way?

Yes, most moving truck rental companies offer one-way rentals, which means you can pick up the truck at one location and drop it off at another. This is ideal for long-distance moves or if you are moving to a different state. Keep in mind that there may be additional fees for one-way rentals, so be sure to inquire about this when getting quotes.

4. What is included in the rental price?

The rental price typically includes the truck, basic insurance coverage, and sometimes equipment like a dolly or moving blankets. However, additional services such as loading and unloading assistance, extra insurance, or additional mileage may cost extra. Be sure to clarify what is included in the rental price when getting quotes from different companies.

5. What happens if there is damage to the truck during the rental period?

If there is any damage to the truck during the rental period, you will be responsible for paying for the repairs. This is why it's important to inspect the truck before and after your move and report any damages to the rental company. Some rental companies offer additional insurance options to cover damages, so be sure to ask about this when booking your rental.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies