• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Motivating Recruits for Cooking Show Success: What Would You Do?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a recruiter who is struggling to motivate one of her recruits who has not yet done any actual cooking shows. The suggestion is made to throw the recruit into a party to get her into "party mode" and have a heart-to-heart conversation about her goals and responsibilities. Some suggest focusing on other team members who are making more effort and not coddling the struggling recruit. It is also suggested to stop handing over leads and let the recruit run her own business. The overall sentiment is that the recruiter has put in a lot of effort and it's time for the recruit to step up and take responsibility for her own success.
linojackie
I need to get my recruits motivated because some of them haven't done actual cooking shows. What would you do?

Last edited:
Sounds like you are going to have to throw her to the wolves to get her into party mode. I know that was the hardest thing for me to do, that first whow was a killer. I think it is a good idea.

I think it is wonderful that you are taking the extra step.

I think you need to have a heart to heart with her. What does she really want from PC? What does she need from you? What does she need to do (step, by step) You can not continue to coddle and carry someone who is not doing any of the work.

WOW....You have been handing her leads?! What has she done on her own? I know you want to keep her active but... the time has come to let her run her business. Think of all the effort you have put into her. If all that time and energy were focused elsewhere .... new recuirts with more potential, your own business where would you be? It's defentinly sink or swin time. Where is her heart, What does she want out of her business not what do you want out of her business. ;)

WOW i wish my recruiter was running my buisness for me! i just started in june and i feel bad enough blowing up her phone everytime i have a stupid question! and believe me i have had a few. i might be new, but i kinda have to agree that a year in, you are at sink or swim time. i agree with the heart to heart about the buisness as well. as for the 2 show idea, i would think that you would have to plan out ahead of time who would be running the show at her house. if it is to be her, then she needs to make sure she can run it herself. and if she can i would then call into question why she seems to need so much help. like i said, i am new, but i never thought my recruiter would keep me afloat for my first 9 o 10 months. how long does she expect you to work her buisness with/for her?

It does not sound to me like she even has her own business, you just have a franchise, with an employee working when she wants. She needs to decide if she is a business owner, or your assistant. If she is your assistant, than you run the shows, and get on with the business of working your business. If she is a business owner, then she needs to decide to work her busienss, and the show at her house would be her grand opening, with you serving drinks. Then, if after the Grand Opening, she goes back to the same old ways, there is your answer.

I would concentrate my energy and training on those on your team who are making an effort to work their business.

"Helping her get motivated" and doing her job for her are 2 different things. If she wants to do this, she needs to do it, otherwise let her go.

And I would quit handing over leads to her...she needs to have a COOKING SHOW and get bookings of her own!

Sorry if this is harsh, but you need to tell her the way it is...she's not being fair to you while you are being WAY too fair to her, more so than I would ever do or expect someone to do for me, and the more you keep doing for her the more this is going to drag on and why should she go out and do anything on her own when she has YOU doing it for her???

Sorry if this is harsh but you really need to wake her up!

1. How would you handle a customer who is unhappy with a product they purchased?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, my first priority is customer satisfaction. If a customer is unhappy with a product, I would first listen to their concerns and try to understand their issue. Then, I would offer a full refund or exchange for the product, or help them find a different product that better meets their needs.

2. What is the best way to handle a difficult or demanding customer?

When dealing with a difficult or demanding customer, it is important to remain calm and professional. I would listen to their concerns and try to find a solution that meets their needs. If necessary, I would involve a manager or higher-up to help resolve the issue.

3. How would you handle a customer who wants to return a product outside of the return policy?

While our return policy does have a time limit, I would still strive to find a solution for the customer. I would first explain our return policy and the reasons behind it, but I would also offer alternatives such as exchanging the product or providing store credit.

4. What is the best way to handle a customer who is interested in hosting a party?

The best way to handle a customer interested in hosting a party is to provide them with all the information they need and be available to answer any questions they may have. I would also offer to help them plan and promote their party to ensure its success.

5. How would you handle a customer who is dissatisfied with the shipping time for their order?

If a customer is dissatisfied with the shipping time for their order, I would apologize for any inconvenience and offer to track their order and provide updates. If there is a delay or issue with the shipping, I would work with the customer and the shipping company to resolve the issue and ensure the customer receives their order as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookn' katie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • starrmarie