• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New to Pampered Chef and I Think I'm Boring...

I love to cook and I love to talk. So it is not a problem for me to talk and cook at the same time. I think it is a plus for the guests. Plus, if someone is uncomfortable talking or they do not want to talk...I will let them help cook and they can sit back and enjoy the show.
ivy5683
I'm generally a pretty cool gal but I think I'm still a bit nervous about this so it may come out in my shows. I have good sales but I'm having trouble getting bookings. I had 6 scheduled for July and now I'm down to 3 and one postponed until August. Motivate me! I need some ideas!

What are the 4 F's?

Do you explain everything you do or do you kind of cook while they are talking about hte products? I've seen people ask people to introduce themselves and tell their favorite item while they cook.

Any encouragement and suggestions are welcome, I just need to learn.

thx.
nic

I have recently started doing this booking changelle at my shows and offer the benefits and then I say here is my calendar and I say the 1st one who books gets 25.00 free shopping on me and then i do 20.00 and then 15.00 and it works out great and they seem to like to get more free products. The other thing I do is reusable hostess packets and my cancellations have gone way down. If you would like more information about that just pm or email me and I can give you what I use. But the way I use the 25,20,15 is I order them on the host order as part of the thank you where they get to pick what they want and I cover that much of it and comes with the order so you don't have to worry about getting it to the host later. I hope you find something that works for you Nicki you might wanna check in the files for booking ideas too.

Have you hosted or been to other PC shows before you signed? I have hosted PC shows for 10 years with different consultants and have been one for 2 years...I LOVE to go watch other consultants in our cluster do shows...sometimes for me seeing and hearing what they do and say helps me to do my show better...I try different things to see what works best...

I am fairly new to this too... and am concerned that my funny personality does not shine through. Well, at least I think I am funny:p! I have been making a little outline for the show before hand... a lesson plan, if you will. Here is an example from my ham and cheese brunch squares show
:
1. Greet guests and thank host... talk about the goods that she gets from hosting a show (catalog or cooking--something that works for everyone). Mention host specials, money earned to spend, 12 guests= free gift, 10% off for year, 6-month host benefit. Really worth it.... everyone wins.

2. Start cooking (have somethings already prepped).. talk about each piece as we go along. Stoneware, who has it, what is it good for, where can it go. good for ANYTHING.

3. Easy recipe found in $1 cookbook (season's best) how can you say no to $1. Talk while putting hash brns. and cheese onto stone. Put in oven and show sturdy-ness of cooling rack.

4. As it is cooking, continue to make stuff. Crack eggs... crack a joke (tell story about husband being guinea pig for recipes, making things for him to bring to work at 9pm the night before) Mix up with whisk... talk about whisk- great wedding/shower gift ("whippin up some lovin')

5. As food chopping ham talk about FC- who has it, what do you use it for? Everyone can use it--kids and adults). Stressful day= tiny chunks not so bad day= larger chunks.

6. Cutlery for onions and pepper= talk about knives lifetime warrenty, really sharp... not for the kids. 5" utility is really a multi-purpose do it all knife.

7. Take hash brns. out and pour egg mix on, put back in oven.

8. While cooking= have fun... games- look through catalog and do Queen of Shoppers game) ** recommended for newer consultants, I think.. easy to understand and organize. This will also get them familiar with the catalog and starting a wish list and the monthly special.

9. Take food out of oven and enjoy food. Remind how easy to was to make and from a $1 cookbook (most will be impressed it tastes soooo good).

10. Q and A about products. Let them look through catalogs and come to you to order. During check out-
-Look through what they ordered and comment on things
-Ask about hosting a show of some kind.
- Ask to put them on your newsletter list.
- total up and collect $$
- give business card and thank you.

So, that is pretty much how I intend to run my shows. of course it does not always run that smoothly. For me being new and still wanting to get bookings. I honestly really focus on asking if they want to host during the checkout time. I don't mention the business opportunity. I know that is faux pas... but, I am not ready to do that yet. Hope that helps!!:)

Hey nicki I just sent you the file about my hostess packet enjoy and if you got any questions let me know.

christinaspc said:
Hey nicki I just sent you the file about my hostess packet enjoy and if you got any questions let me know.

Can I get a copy of that too? I am having trouble with bookings also.
I think I am quite perky, maybe people don't like perky??? :)

ivy5683 said:
I'm generally a pretty cool gal but I think I'm still a bit nervous about this so it may come out in my shows. I have good sales but I'm having trouble getting bookings. I had 6 scheduled for July and now I'm down to 3 and one postponed until August. Motivate me! I need some ideas!

What are the 4 F's?

Do you explain everything you do or do you kind of cook while they are talking about hte products? I've seen people ask people to introduce themselves and tell their favorite item while they cook.

thx.
nic
You probably aren't boring, but make sure your shows don't go too long. Try the interactive show and talk about how the tools can be used.

In order to get bookings you have to plant seeds throughout the whole show about how the host is working toward earning this free, and how this particular item can be earned free and this one for half price, etc.

Then you have to ask every person at the show if they would like to book a show to earn products for free. Of course, first you have to ask them if they had ever thought about starting their own business with The Pampered Chef. Do this at the full service checkout.

For now, go back through your customer receipts and call every guest. Do customer care calls and ask them the same things you would have in the full service checkout. You are not boring!

ivy5683 said:

What are the 4 F's?

thx.
nic

Food
Fun
Friends
Free Stuff

christina,
I would also love that file if you could send it to me. my email is
[email protected]. thanks in advance.

sandy

Thanks for all the great advice ladies!
I make the customer care calls but haven't had a lot of leads yet from them. Maybe it's just the fact that most of my show guests have been older as several of my shows were in a retirement community.

Also, I've had a few people want to book, and then stop returning calls. One person did this with a date set, granted we only talked once and didn't get too official. I try to use a policy, I call them 3 times, 1 time a week. Then, because people don't like pushy, I type a letter and mail it with our host specials for the next month and the host rewards program. After 2 - 3 more weeks I'll call them again. Is this a good or bad idea? I thought 'customer friendly'
I have a little line I use, 'I'm calling you today because I really want to do a show for you! I know that not everyone thinks about Pampered Chef everyday like I do and I wanted to make sure you didn't miss out on a great party!'

christinaspc said:
I have recently started doing this booking changelle at my shows and offer the benefits and then I say here is my calendar and I say the 1st one who books gets 25.00 free shopping on me and then i do 20.00 and then 15.00 and it works out great and they seem to like to get more free products. The other thing I do is reusable hostess packets and my cancellations have gone way down. If you would like more information about that just pm or email me and I can give you what I use. But the way I use the 25,20,15 is I order them on the host order as part of the thank you where they get to pick what they want and I cover that much of it and comes with the order so you don't have to worry about getting it to the host later. I hope you find something that works for you Nicki you might wanna check in the files for booking ideas too.
HI, I am still pretty new here 3 shows and 2 catalog shows. Would you please send me the info about re using the hostess packets. I am not sure I know what you mean.
Thanks!

ivy5683 said:
I have a little line I use, 'I'm calling you today because I really want to do a show for you! I know that not everyone thinks about Pampered Chef everyday like I do and I wanted to make sure you didn't miss out on a great party!'

I think that's a great line. After a while I give up on calling potential hosts, too. I do have a couple who I continue to call and figure they'll call me back if they don't want to be bothered by my constant voice mails. I always say that I'm going to call back in the message I leave. I also say "feel free to call me anytime..." Just keep a smile on your face and keep calling. There really is no need to stop calling people until they tell you "no". If you ever have use of another phone, try calling from that one to change the caller ID. It's better for you and the person your calling to just get it done. KWIM?

I would not look at your July schedule and get discouraged. July and December are my two hardest months. People are on vacations, big holidays, kids are out of school and many more reasons. I always try to overbook in both of these months and prepare myself mentally for the absolute worst. Do the 3 calls/contacts a day consistently and you will fill up those dates that you want!

Related to New to Pampered Chef and I Think I'm Boring...

1. How can I make my Pampered Chef parties more exciting?

One way to make your parties more exciting is to incorporate interactive activities. This can include having guests participate in a cooking demonstration or game, or providing hands-on opportunities for them to try out Pampered Chef products. You can also consider hosting themed parties or offering special promotions to keep things interesting.

2. What are some creative ways to showcase Pampered Chef products?

Some creative ways to showcase Pampered Chef products include creating eye-catching displays, using them in recipes and demonstrations, and providing guests with hands-on experiences. You can also leverage social media to showcase products in action and share customer testimonials.

3. How can I attract new customers to my Pampered Chef business?

One effective way to attract new customers is to host parties in non-traditional locations, such as at a local farmers market or community event. You can also offer special deals or promotions to first-time customers and ask for referrals from satisfied clients. Additionally, utilizing social media and online marketing can help expand your reach to potential new customers.

4. How can I keep my Pampered Chef business from becoming stale?

To keep your business from becoming stale, it is important to continuously update your product knowledge and stay current with new product releases. You can also attend training events and conferences to learn new techniques and network with other consultants. Additionally, regularly connecting with your customers and offering new recipes and tips can help keep things fresh.

5. What is the best way to handle difficult customers during a Pampered Chef party?

The best way to handle difficult customers is to remain calm and professional. Listen to their concerns and try to find a solution that satisfies both parties. If necessary, involve your host or a fellow consultant for support. Remember to always prioritize the satisfaction of your customers and maintain a positive attitude.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivy5683
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • AMTC
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AMTC
Replies