• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Thinking of Changing the Name...

In summary, the speaker has been trying to promote their Pampered Chef business at various events, but has been met with little interest. They suggest calling it a "Pampered Chef Cooking Demonstration" instead and have had success with using this wording at an open house. They are also looking for suggestions on how to phrase their offer for bookings at checkout. Other speakers suggest using wording like "hosting a demonstration" or "cooking class" instead of "booking a show" to generate more interest.
AMTC
Gold Member
Okay, I think those of you who have seen my posts (Or know me) know that I'm just staying active until I get through school (which ends in March - YAY) but I am trying to do 1-2 shows each month.Anyhow, I have also been keeping my finger in the pie and right now I volunteer for the Greater Boston Food Bank - actually at a Dream Home built by Boston Magazine and ticket proceeds go to the Food bank and they let me hand out my Pampered Chef business cards. But here's the thing - NOBODY is interested - I've had a handful of people interested and there must be 100 a day who pass through the home - now I'm only there on Sundays, but I left a drawing box and I'm raffling a free RUFTH trivet. I got 2 entrants all week. Yesterday as I was taking a ticket from a visitor, there were 4 girls at my raffle box. One said "Is anyone going to enter the raffle?" And I heard another say "I don't need any more of that junk" and another said "I know I have a friend who keeps inviting me to those parties and she hasn't taken the hint". I would have said something, but I was helping the visitor who wanted to see the house, and I didn't feel it was appropriate, but I did walk over to them so they could see my logo-wear!Anyhow, I think PC is getting lumped in with other home parties.So I'm wondering if anyone has tried calling it a "Pampered Chef Cooking Demonstration" and if you have, if you've seen any increase in response? It seems like everyone wants to see a Cooking Demonstration, but many people are tired of the jewelry, tupperware, candles thing and I think PC is getting lumped in with them, when we really should be in a totally separate category IMHO.I'm thinking of trying it....I have a bridal show coming up in November and I think I'm going to post a sign to the effect that I offer cooking demonstrations.....Thoughts?

I know what you mean. Sometimes, when I say, "would you like to book a show?" I cringe, because I see their expression and I think it's because of the stigma of "home shows". I too wonder if I were to word it differently, would people think of it differently. At my open house, I had a lot of the different recipes there for them to taste. Well, I was up till 2am prepping the food as much as possible, so that I wouldn't be going too crazy the next morning. Everyone came and I was still getting the recipes assembled and baking things. Everyone was hanging around my island and I was just relaxed and explaining how the recipes all came together. My new love for the DCB came through as I was talking about all the meals I can make with it, and how much I'm loving a lot of these new products I got. They all were oohing and aahhing the food. I think they realized how by attending these things they can get re-inspired to cook. To try new recipes, etc. So I think I'm going to try using those words when I'm talking to people. So maybe on the invitations I should put something on there to catch their attention that it's not just a "typical home show". a side note: At my previous shows, I failed in getting bookings. So I'm wondering exactly what I should say at check-out. I'd love to hear the phrasing that everyone else uses when they are at check-out.

I'd love to hear suggestion too - I'm thinking of focusing on offering a "demonstration" at checkout...

"Would you like to host a demonstration for your friends on how to (fill in the blank here..make Christmas desserts, create beautiful appetizers, create and freeze meals for your family..."

:confused:

At my shows, I ask them at check out if they had fun, if they learned any new tips, and then ask them if they would be interested in having a few friends over for some fun too? I've already let them know throughout the party all of the benefits and perks of hosting, and that I make it very easy for them to host.

Instead of saying would you like to book a show I say "How about getting a few of your friends and family over one afternoon or evening for a cooking demo?" It really is in the wording.

I think I could do that (reword that is).

In my cluster, we have been calling them "Cooking Classes" and comparing what we do to what happens on The Food Network. All of the chefs are so popular right now and it just clicks with people.
I ask everyone at the start of the show, "Who loves the Food Network?" THen I tell people that I come a lot cheaper than Emeril and am hopefully better on the eyes- LOL! (sorry Emeril, I still love ya'!) Most of the time people get the joke and laugh. It helps me to loosen up at the beginning of shows if I am a little nervous, too.
HTH,
Barbara

I love that idea Barbara! Thanks!!

k1tchng0ddess said:
In my cluster, we have been calling them "Cooking Classes" and comparing what we do to what happens on The Food Network. All of the chefs are so popular right now and it just clicks with people.
I ask everyone at the start of the show, "Who loves the Food Network?" THen I tell people that I come a lot cheaper than Emeril and am hopefully better on the eyes- LOL! (sorry Emeril, I still love ya'!) Most of the time people get the joke and laugh. It helps me to loosen up at the beginning of shows if I am a little nervous, too.
HTH,
Barbara

OMG- HILARIOUS!

I am so stealing that from you!;)

1. Can I change the name of my business with Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can change the name of your business with Pampered Chef. Simply contact our customer service team and they will guide you through the process.

2. Are there any fees associated with changing the name of my business?

There are no fees for changing the name of your business with Pampered Chef. However, if you wish to order new personalized items with your new business name, there may be a small fee for those items.

3. How long does it take to change the name of my business with Pampered Chef?

The process of changing the name of your business with Pampered Chef typically takes 1-2 business days. However, the time may vary depending on the volume of requests we are currently receiving.

4. Will my consultant ID number change if I change the name of my business?

No, your consultant ID number will remain the same even if you change the name of your business with Pampered Chef.

5. Do I need to notify my customers of the name change?

We recommend notifying your customers of the name change to avoid any confusion. You can do this through email, social media, or by including a note in their next order. Pampered Chef will also update your consultant website with the new business name.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • ivy5683
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jenboswood
  • ChefBeckyD