• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can a New Pampered Chef Consultant Overcome First Show Nerves?

In summary, this site is a great way to prepare for and de-stress from your first show. With the advice and support of others, you will be just fine!
JoyfulChef
Hello,

I just wanted to say that I'm glad for a site like this because I'm new to Pampered Chef and I'm a nervous wreck about doing my first show and speaking in front of people, although I'm not shy! Doesn't make much sense to me why I'm so nervous. So it's nice to come on here and see everyone bouncing ideas, etc. off of each other. So, THANKS!

I'll keep checking in and posting! Any advice is welcomed and appreciated!:p

JoyfulChef

Welcome. I hope you enjoy PC and get lots of great freebies.

The first show is always hard and then you'll finish it and you'll wonder "why was I so nervous". Just relax and enjoy yourself at the show and try to have a supportive friend or family number as one of the guests.

A couple things I wish I had done more prior to my first show:
1. Practiced with all of my tools so I was comfortable with them

2. Make the recipe a couple of times so you are comfortable with it

3. Pick one of the recipes in your "recipes for success book" that has a script and use that

4. Practice the entire show on a family member or even by yourself as you do the testing

5. Know that no one but you will notice all the mistakes you make so try not to stress too much.

Welcome JoyfulChef...

This is a fantastice site - if you ask it - it will come. You can alsways find the naswer here simply by searchinbg or asking.

Again - welcome

Welcome. This is the best site..... Any time day or night you can LEARN from all the great PC guru's on here...

My best advice- make notecards. Have pg. numbers of products and info about them in case you forget and have crossselling items listed w/ their pg. numbers.
Sometimes it takes a little while to stir something and they could be looking at anouther product (I have gotten many sells this way) Plus it makes them have to pay attention!!
Melissa

Welcome! I am new too. I just started my SS3 and this site has been such a great source of motivation and inspiration!! Have fun & enjoy getting all your freebies!! :)

-Sue

Welcome!!!Welcome JoyfulChef we hope you will find all the resources, ideas and fellow PC chef friends as you can use!! :)

We are glad to have you on board. Keep us updated on your shows and sales. We love to encourage and support one another!! :D

Hope your starter months are very successful!!! :D

Debbie

Welcome aboard!! Good luck with your Biz!
PS I still get nervous after 2 years...:)
:)

JoyfulChef said:
Hello,

I just wanted to say that I'm glad for a site like this because I'm new to Pampered Chef and I'm a nervous wreck about doing my first show and speaking in front of people, although I'm not shy! Doesn't make much sense to me why I'm so nervous. So it's nice to come on here and see everyone bouncing ideas, etc. off of each other. So, THANKS!

I'll keep checking in and posting! Any advice is welcomed and appreciated!:p

JoyfulChef
I just did a show where 4 of my BEST friends were in attendance, and I got kind of flustered and nervous. This is after 32 years in direct sales!!! As you get out of your friends and relatives, it gets ALOT easier. Remember what they say (picture your audience in their undies, and remember they can do their undies in the quick-stir pitcher!!!). Most important HAVE FUN

Welcome to the site you will meet a lot of great people on here as well as through your PC business best of luck with your buiness and when in doubt just post a thread and ask!!!

After just doing my first show (i was stressball city) i think the best thing to do is practice talking while making the recipe also a helpful thing i just read in my ssm2 letter was not to say "now the recipe calls for clove of garlic" instead show off the garlic press and explain the benifits and features. When i went to my first show i demo'd the chopper so I made sure to have audience participation during mine i sold the cheese grater and garlic press to the people that demo'd them so i know it worked :) The night before i did a run through with my husband who really helped b.c he came up with questions i didn't think people would have and got to role play with that .. i also hehe had a glass of wine before i went to it.. i'm telling you i was a stress ball .. although i wouldn't recomend that last one i hope this helps and most importantly RELAX and breathe and have FUN ~tiffanyp

My first show was horrible! I kept forgetting things and I bet I have the record for saying um..um..um over and over!! I was so nervous! I still get nervous in front of my family, but strangers I am totally comfortable in front of!

You gave me a great chuckle! Thanks!!

Joy Brennan
a/k/a JoyfulChef

Thank you all for your support ! God only knows I'm going to need it. Thanks also for all the great ideas for my first show. My first show is from my sister and I am probably going to know 90 percent of the people who attend. Yikes! It'll be fine but I guess the more practice the more pampered chef perfect!

Joy

1. How do I get started as a new consultant?

To get started as a new consultant with Pampered Chef, you will need to sign up through our website or through a current consultant. Once you have signed up, you will have access to training materials and resources to help you launch your business.

2. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will have the opportunity to earn money through sales commissions and bonuses. You will also have access to discounts on products and the ability to earn free products through our hostess program. Additionally, you will have the support of our community and ongoing training and development.

3. How much does it cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

The cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant is $109, which includes your starter kit with over $450 worth of products and business supplies. There may be additional costs for optional tools or training, but these are not required to get started.

4. Do I need to have experience in cooking or sales to be a successful consultant?

No, you do not need to have experience in cooking or sales to be a successful Pampered Chef consultant. We provide training and resources to help you learn about our products and how to run your business. As long as you have a passion for our products and a desire to succeed, you can be successful as a consultant.

5. Can I still work full-time and be a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, many of our consultants have full-time jobs and run their Pampered Chef business on the side. You can set your own schedule and work as much or as little as you'd like. We recommend dedicating at least 10-15 hours per week to your business for maximum success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • completelychristie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Stephaniem
  • ChefMJ