• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Avoid These Costly Mistakes: Real Life Examples From a Direct Sales Consultant

Just make sure to double check your orders in the future and communicate with your hosts to avoid any misunderstandings.
beepampered
So, I've made two big mistakes this month and they are both going to cost me. I feel like a double big idiot. Where was my brain a few weeks ago? The mistakes are just now come to light....

1. I NEVER entered an order on a show. I had the guest name entered, had entered her payment but didn't but her items in PP3. Well, that would have gotten the host to the next level - $20 of free stuff AND another half price item. The host hasn't told me what item it is but it's going to cost me.

2. Another show....I told the host that she could get a set of cookware as the past host special in August. Ugh. The host of this show that she was going to get the cookware won't be able to get to $300 for a 50% off item without that set of cookware. I have no idea how I'm going to clean this one up. The past host was the perfect hostess so I feel sick to disappoint her.

Please, tell me what you've done that cost you big time. It will make me feel better even if my bank account is going to take a hit....

I can give you a few suggestions first:
1. Add her as a co-host on your next show, then at least you can use the unlimited discount available and still make some commission. Depending on how high the show is, this can save you a lot.2. I would personally explain that you misread the benefits and that she can only get what level is available to her. It's an honest mistake - with all these new "level" requirements it's easy to mess up.My most costly mistake: driving further than I originally wanted to for a show. I had a fair lead who lived 2 hours away. I normally only drive 1 hour. She swore up and down that she would have at least 8 people there. I get there, only 2 show up and only order $30 in products. Well I could never get a hold of the host to close her show so I finally just called the two guests and paid out of my pocket to cover the direct shipping. Not only did I make $0 I also lost out on gas and shipping cost! I will never do that again.

wadesgirl said:
My most costly mistake: driving further than I originally wanted to for a show. I had a fair lead who lived 2 hours away. I normally only drive 1 hour. She swore up and down that she would have at least 8 people there. I get there, only 2 show up and only order $30 in products. Well I could never get a hold of the host to close her show so I finally just called the two guests and paid out of my pocket to cover the direct shipping. Not only did I make $0 I also lost out on gas and shipping cost! I will never do that again.

Yeah, that about sums up my worst mistake, too. One guest ended up CANCELLING her order so I think I put through on smallish order and that was it.

I drove up North to do a show on a Sunday in the Summer (bad traffic around here). So, I drove what I thought would be 40 minutes and it turned out, it was about 40 minutes off the exit, which was 40 minutes from my house, and sat in traffc for about a half an hour. I arrived late for the show. ALL the guests were there (all 4! and one who said she liked L&T stuff better than PC) I think I got $200 in orders. Thankfully it at least counted as a show. But ugh, the gas and time!

You know the Past Host's order counts towards the guest sales? If you add the set the past host wants to the current host's guest sales is there enough to make it to level 2? You may want to check before you mention this option to your Past Host.

beepampered said:
1. I NEVER entered an order on a show. I had the guest name entered, had entered her payment but didn't but her items in PP3. Well, that would have gotten the host to the next level - $20 of free stuff AND another half price item. The host hasn't told me what item it is but it's going to cost me.

How did your show balance?

Pampered Jean said:
You know the Past Host's order counts towards the guest sales? If you add the set the past host wants to the current host's guest sales is there enough to make it to level 2? You may want to check before you mention this option to your Past Host.

The problem is, the past host can't get a set unless the current host reaches level 2 in sales. And if the current host needs the set to put her to $300, then she hasn't reached level 2.

pamperedlinda said:
How did your show balance?

I have no idea how it balanced. It's weird that the payment is shown (a check) but there are no products listed. I guess I just didn't charge it to my credit card. The PP3 lists things is not clear to me. Partially because I often have outstanding money due and have to account for that. (I know this is a No-no but I've never had a host not send the checks she says she has in her possession.)

I have three shows open right now so I'm hoping between them, I'll be able to get these two mistakes worked out without too much cost. And, none of them were over $500 so it's not like I was making much to begin with.

beepampered said:
I have no idea how it balanced. It's weird that the payment is shown (a check) but there are no products listed. I guess I just didn't charge it to my credit card. The PP3 lists things is not clear to me. Partially because I often have outstanding money due and have to account for that. (I know this is a No-no but I've never had a host not send the checks she says she has in her possession.)

I have three shows open right now so I'm hoping between them, I'll be able to get these two mistakes worked out without too much cost. And, none of them were over $500 so it's not like I was making much to begin with.

With 3 shows open - can you combine two of the shows and make the hosts co-hosts? I guess this could only be done if there was only one past host between them....Or a past host who doesn't want to order a piece.

So, if you combine 2 of the shows and the hosts are now co-hosts, the show can be at Level 2 and you can still have them take advantage of what they would have gotten anyway as a Level 1 hosts. Then, the past host who you promised a set, could still get a set?? Since the show is at Level 2 now.

I don't know how this would work for FPV, but I would imagine that by adding a set for the Past Host to the show, it would jump it up a host level or so and maybe you could split the FPV and have them where they would be anyway - or cover the $10-20 FPV difference - which would be cheaper than covering cookware.

Not sure if that made sense....

There are several posibilities that I will have to review as the show orders come in. Two of the shows are 40 minutes away in opposite directions so I might be doing a bit of driving if I combine shows.

I had a bridal show and she registered for the insulated carrier, well the person that bought it for her ordered it from my website, just my website, not through her show or registry. I forgot to take it off the registry and in the meantime she wanted to order it (I hadn't paid too much attention to what was ordered that was not included in the show). We talked after her show and she said she was going to order it and I said go to my website to place your order, she ordered there, and she wasn't happy once it came in and she now had 2 of them. So I had to buy it from her and pay the high S&H she had already paid, plus pay for her to send it to me, it cost me about $40 for the dumb thing. Then she got 2 batter bowls in her order (I overlooked the fact that 2 different people ordered it-one from her registry and one at the show), she was very upset that she had 2 batter bowls and was getting married in a week and didin't have time to mail it back-that was the first option offered by the Home Office. So they mailed her a return label instead, she was so upset. At least the home office sent me an email regarding collecting her registry rewards, if I had forgotten that I would have been in big trouble!! Oh well, what can you do but try to keep people happy.
Deb

You should not have bought the items from her. Both could have been returned to HO within 30 days and been fine with a return label. She can't get registry rewards on items she returns...that wouldn't be fair! People could order her $500 worth of items that she didn't really want, she could collect Host rewards, then return them. I can't imagine feeling like one batter bowl is enough! I have 2 small ones and 1 Classic and seem to have them dirty any time I do a lot of cooking! Sorry she is being so unreasonable but you should NEVER buy back stuff from people that don't want it unless you can resell it quickly!

1. What is the most costly mistake that people make while using Pampered Chef products?

The most costly mistake that people make while using Pampered Chef products is not properly caring for their cookware and kitchen tools. This can lead to damage or wear and tear, resulting in the need for replacement.

2. How do I avoid making costly mistakes while using Pampered Chef products?

To avoid making costly mistakes while using Pampered Chef products, it is important to always follow the care instructions provided with each item. This includes proper cleaning and storage techniques to ensure the longevity of your products.

3. Are there any common mistakes that people make while using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, some common mistakes that people make while using Pampered Chef products include using metal utensils on non-stick surfaces, overheating cookware, and using sharp knives on cutting boards that are not designed for them. These can all lead to damage and the need for replacement.

4. What should I do if I accidentally make a costly mistake with my Pampered Chef product?

If you accidentally make a costly mistake with your Pampered Chef product, such as damaging it or causing it to wear out prematurely, you may be eligible for a replacement or refund. Contact our customer service team for assistance and they will be happy to help you.

5. Can I prevent costly mistakes by using certain Pampered Chef products?

Yes, some Pampered Chef products are designed specifically to help prevent costly mistakes. For example, our non-stick cookware is designed to be durable and resist scratches, and our cutting boards are designed to protect your knives. Using these products can help extend the life of your other Pampered Chef items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisatx04
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
lisatx04
  • KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Intrepid_Chef