• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I've Decided I Hate the Feb. Special!

You're right, it would have counted as a show on my end but it doesn't seem like it would count on their end.
pampchefrhondab
Oh my sales are so low this month! The shows are good for the host, but terrible for me!:yuck: With the host getting 60% off two items, they don't really seem to be working for any free products! I just can't believe it!:cry:

One of my shows is at $270 for the host, but only $100 for me (the past host bought some cookware)! Another is only at $250 for me! I have only one so far at over $800! I do have a good catalog show going, but it won't close until March since she started so late in the month!

I thought the 2 items at 60% off was going to be great, but now I'm not so sure. Although I wouldn't have gotten the good catalog show probably!

How has everyone else done?

My cooking shows have been fine, but my catalog shows have been lower - they only care about getting to $150. Can't wait until spring (for many reasons!).

My average is pretty crappy too...I've submitted 5 catalog shows and am only at about $700 comm. sales for all of them together...Total guest sales is between $1500-$2000...My hosts are very happy though!I'm hoping my actual cooking show tomorrow night does better...but I KNOW the past host is getting cookware (non-comm.) :(

My average is way down too. My last years show average was $685. My Jan average was $763. This month my average is $390. I'm not so sure it's all attributed to the Host Special though. I think I've just had a slew of ding-bat hosts. I usually get one of them ever month or so, I'm hoping that I've used my quota and had them ALL in Feb!

I second thatI have sold more cookware this month that I ever have and it is all because hosts are wanting cookware at 60% off and only want to get to the $150 mark.

I have had completely the opposite happen! All of my shows in Feb have been over $1k!

I know what you mean with the 60% host rewards this month. I am closing a show and the past host is spending $216 on the 60% off and I waiting for the hosts order which I'll get tomorrow so I can submit it on time. It's great for the host to boost their sales but hard on us when we lose commission on the past host's order too when they redeem their 2 at 60% off. The shows guest sales were $517.15 with only $301.15 in commissionable sales. I can only hope she spends more than her $90 in free product value to get more commission! (greedy tonight). She had 12 buying guests and most of the sales were low but still not a bad show. Possibly 2 bookings too.

I was concerned about this, because it happened to me in September (my show avg for Sept. was less than $300) so I really host coached hard for Feb. I'm doing better. 3 shows closed between 4-500, and 1 at almost 1k. I have 4 more to close - and some are lower (one is at $175 commissionable right now - past host bought cookware) but at least one will close at $500 or more.

I have really been coaching the 12 orders or more for the Mix n Scraper, and free product value.....

I didn't mind until I offered someone a catalog show and the past host ordered cookware. It came to $188 and that's the only order. So, it counts for the host so she gets her two 60% off items, but it doesn't even count as a show for me. I was hoping to count it as one of my two for the HWC free things. If my host tomorrow will close tomorrow, I'll be okay. Basically I gave away the special and the host didn't really do anything. Lesson learned. Glad to help my friends get their 60% off. Hopefully, they'll pass the work around on what a great deal they received.

JAE said:
I didn't mind until I offered someone a catalog show and the past host ordered cookware. It came to $188 and that's the only order. So, it counts for the host so she gets her two 60% off items, but it doesn't even count as a show for me. I was hoping to count it as one of my two for the HWC free things. If my host tomorrow will close tomorrow, I'll be okay. Basically I gave away the special and the host didn't really do anything. Lesson learned. Glad to help my friends get their 60% off. Hopefully, they'll pass the work around on what a great deal they received.

Ouch! That one would really hurt! Maybe it will count as a show though? You are submitting it as a show, right?

Oh, that one hurts Jae! Sounds to me like they were just working the system and didn't even try to get any more orders.

No, it won't count as a show because for us, shows count only if commissionable sales are $150. I called and asked today while I was on the line about an adjustment.
And, they weren't working the system because they were really clueless about it. The host just didn't get any orders and I had gone ahead and talked to the past host. Then I talked to the host to tell her she had $150+. Anyway, I think I just talked too much and didn't coach because I thought it would be fine. NOT!

JAE said:
No, it won't count as a show because for us, shows count only if commissionable sales are $150. I called and asked today while I was on the line about an adjustment.
And, they weren't working the system because they were really clueless about it. The host just didn't get any orders and I had gone ahead and talked to the past host. Then I talked to the host to tell her she had $150+. Anyway, I think I just talked too much and didn't coach because I thought it would be fine. NOT!
Really? A qualified show is GUEST sales over $150...so it should count. I submitted one very similar to yours this month...comm. sales was $40.00!!!!! Guest sales were close to $300...cookware too...My host stated and tried for 3 weeks to get orders but stated that an area consultant had just hit all her people up for orders a few weeks earlier to have a show for herself and she could barely get anyone to purchase. I gave her an extra week to try and she really was trying because she has a wishlist which is half the catalog and wants stuff for free. She is immediately trying for March now to see if she can hit people up with the new catalog and products and see if that entices them to place another order.

You can call and ask someone else at HO. The person I talked to put me on hold and asked someone else. I would appreciate it if it was a show. I am submitting it as a show.

janetupnorth said:
Really? A qualified show is GUEST sales over $150...so it should count. I submitted one very similar to yours this month...comm. sales was $40.00!!!!! Guest sales were close to $300...cookware too...

That is what I was thinking too. I had a catalog show on Nov. that was JUST $150, but only $130 of that was commissionable - and it counted.

I think, JAE, that you got someone on the phone that didn't know the correct answer......

JAE said:
You can call and ask someone else at HO. The person I talked to put me on hold and asked someone else. I would appreciate it if it was a show. I am submitting it as a show.

I'd submit it as a show too - I just did tonight!

I'm going to jump on and check the policies and procedures real quick, I'm pretty positive it is guest sales that makes it a show NOT comm. sales.

Cooking Shows
To qualify as a Cooking Show, guest sales (excluding
shipping, handling, tax, and past host discount) must
total a minimum of $150. The host’s purchases do not
count toward guest sales.
If the above requirement is not met, then each order will be
considered an individual order, and shipping rates will be
determined using the individual shipping schedule.

Catalog Shows
The difference between a Catalog Show and a Cooking
Show is that the host does not have people in her home,
and therefore does not receive the $15 Hospitality Bonus.
Otherwise, the requirements and benefits are the same.
Refer to the Show planning guide for details.

I think we're both safe JAE. :)Submit it and I bet your pink caddy comes. Regardless, we have happy hosts.

It's funny because I really didn't care that much about the pink things except they were free and easy enough to earn. When I thought I wasn't earning them it totally bummed me out. Earning free product really motivates me! I'm waiting on someone else's order. She was supposed to call me around 9:30 tonight and didn't . Maybe I can put that order on the show.

JAE said:
It's funny because I really didn't care that much about the pink things except they were free and easy enough to earn. When I thought I wasn't earning them it totally bummed me out. Earning free product really motivates me!

How true Jae! Things seem so much better when there free!!!

I'm sorry you had such bad luck:( I have found it to be somewhat frustrating when looking at the difference between the guest sales and the commisionable sales, but I really can't complain. I had my biggest show this month at almost $1300, and the most shows in a month that I've ever had at 11. I was lucky in that in my 5 catalog shows, 3 of them were not booked from other shows, and 1 of the 2 booked from a show was a $600 catalog show!!! I think a lot of it is just the luck of the hostess draw:) I had some very motivated hostesses!!!

JAE said:
It's funny because I really didn't care that much about the pink things except they were free and easy enough to earn. When I thought I wasn't earning them it totally bummed me out. Earning free product really motivates me! I'm waiting on someone else's order. She was supposed to call me around 9:30 tonight and didn't . Maybe I can put that order on the show.

Either way, I'm pretty sure you got it! :)

It is interesting to hear how everyone else has done. I do think my January was just so great it's partly a downer this month. I was top sales in my entire cluster in January w/only 3 shows:)!

It's also good to know that even though commissionable sales are less then $150 a show can still count toward incentives.

I did get a call a 11 p.m. last night from a customer trying to order on-line for one of my shows! I have never gotten a call that late before! Anyway it was worth it since her order is $100:)!

Thanks everyone.

I love this special! What better way for our hosts to get some of the most important items in their kitchen that may keep them coming back for more? I had two past hosts purchase the 12" skillet and lid. Instead of paying over $150, it was less than $70. If they love it, they will either host another show to purchase more or buy more as a guest. Stoneware was also popular this month for me too. I know my sales "appear" lower but some of these hosts and past hosts would have never bought what they did without the 60% off price. I even had 1 host who had booked off herself get 4 items at 60% off. She was so excited when her 60% off past host order put her over $500 which was her goal for this show.

wadesgirl said:
I love this special! What better way for our hosts to get some of the most important items in their kitchen that may keep them coming back for more? I had two past hosts purchase the 12" skillet and lid. Instead of paying over $150, it was less than $70. If they love it, they will either host another show to purchase more or buy more as a guest. Stoneware was also popular this month for me too. I know my sales "appear" lower but some of these hosts and past hosts would have never bought what they did without the 60% off price. I even had 1 host who had booked off herself get 4 items at 60% off. She was so excited when her 60% off past host order put her over $500 which was her goal for this show.

This is true! I have had 2 past hosts at shows who re-booked, and 2 hosts who re-booked at their own show. They get a taste of the great deals of hosting, and they want to keep it going! 3 of them booked within the next couple of months - excited about the new catalog.

I have had a fantastic February because of the special. We never make any commission on the host special anyway. It's just harder to look at the difference between guest and commissionable sales this month!

chesse said:
I have had a fantastic February because of the special. We never make any commission on the host special anyway. It's just harder to look at the difference between guest and commissionable sales this month!
Last September was my highest month yet ($5300). I had 6 shows in two weeks and multiple catalog shows. Alot of the catalog shows didn't close until October so it probably would have been higher. I sold ALOT of cookware during September all at 60% off. I was just so excited for my hosts to be getting that much. I had one host who got the past host and current host special on his show and then two shows book off his for September. He ended up with 2 sets of cookware and 2 peices of cookware. I know I sold alot of cookware that I didn't make any commission on that month because I ended up with over 7000 POR points.

JAE said:

This happened to me several times this month. I got stuck in a group who booked off one another only to use the booking benefits from past hosts to get their sales to $150 but didn't even try to get additional orders. I just tried to be really positive and enthusiatic about the awesome deals they were getting, but then I would also say, "You know, guys, I'm not really getting anything out of this deal commision-wise, and since you guys all got such a great deal, I think you should each talk one of your friends into hosting a show! It's payback time, you know!!" <laughing> They all said, "Really? You won't make any commission at all?!! We'll try to help you out, promise!" Now, I don't know if any of that conversation will pay off, but it at least made me feel better (because, frankly, I was secretly feeling pretty bitter)!

I always make it a point to let my hosts know when I push higher products at 50 or 60% off, it's not that I'm making any money on them but that it's such a great deal! I want my hosts to get the best deal as possible, it's why they are hosting a party right? My business isn't just about me and making money, it's about helping out my hosts too.

I have sold more cookware this month than ever before! Boy I wish this was Pan-o-rama time!!!

buckeyefan08 said:
I have sold more cookware this month than ever before! Boy I wish this was Pan-o-rama time!!!

Same here! It was like they didn't get it when it was 60% off just cookware, but now that it is 60% off EVERYTHING they want cookware!

For cookware just this month, I've sold at least 3 sets and a large stockpot with more to come at my show tonight because I know the past host wants cookware.

I do not think I had anyone get cookware. The UM was my biggest seller. I had one host book b/c she wanted a piece of the cookware and then she changed her mind. I was worried about people making a show but I have had an awesome month in sales. And the shows have been with new people, so, that has lead to new bookings. I have got to go back and look but I think this has been one of my biggest months since I started.

Wish I was getting points for this cookwareI am right there with you girls.
All of my host are getting SETS of cookware 6 (7piece) and 3 (5 piece) so far.
+ 5 more open stock. And I still have 3 cattys out there. Sales for the host are great. and they are booking catalog shows off of each other (by the way the 7 Piece host special makes a show if is it is a past booking bennifit host) and my comishis YUCK!:thumbdown:
I would love to get comish on at least the 40% the host paid out!

That stinks that I won't count as a show for us. I had a show last night and was going to wait until Sat. to close it so that I get the free stuff but the comm. sales aren't $150.

I just looked at the rules for the promotion and all they say is qualifying shows include Qualified Cooking Shows, Fundraiser Shows, Wedding Showers and Catalog Shows count toward these promotions. So a qualifying show is based on guest sales not commissionable sales. We should all be OK. We'll get our special pink products. Yeah....one good thing out of all of this!:sing:

buckeyefan08 said:

Me too! Stinks that I can't get commission on it being 60% off and both the host and past host bought cookware! My DH thinks that we should at least get something on the 60% off sales but I told him it was a host perk that didn't cost me anything out of my pocket just money I couldn't put in my pocket!:cry:

jrstephens said:
I do not think I had anyone get cookware. The UM was my biggest seller. I had one host book b/c she wanted a piece of the cookware and then she changed her mind. I was worried about people making a show but I have had an awesome month in sales. And the shows have been with new people, so, that has lead to new bookings. I have got to go back and look but I think this has been one of my biggest months since I started.

I think it hurts us more when they use the 60% off on the cookware as we see a big difference between guest sales and commissionable sales and realize we aren't getting as much as we should in commission. On other items we don't get hurt that much and usually it is only 1 60% off item that they get at a show as opposed to the 4 at last night's show I had.

Poor month here... One cattie that didn't clear $150 and a host MIA.. So hopefully I can pull something out of my rear by tomorrow night...

I really like this month's promotions. But then, I'm a hobbyist. I can see where full-timers wouldn't like it.

I got the pink tri-bowl free, but it didn't pay any bills.

ETA - or should I say, I think I got the bowl for free, if I could get this gal to close her show by tomorrow!

I have a past host who ordered cookware and a stone at 60% and a few other little items - that alone was over the $150 mark but... no little commission for me. This is my SILs catty and luckily she picked up about 150 as well so that helps. She is using her 60% off on smaller items - she and her husband both had big shows end of last year so they are pretty stocked (he did christmas shopping for her!!). This will get me the HWC bowl that I didn't care about until I knew I was close!! ;) I hate when they dangle these carrots for us... I just can't say no to FREE!!

I re-read the fine print on the March 1-15 Consultants bonus, and it appears
that we must be submitting shows that are actually March dates. Carrying
over a February show and submitting it in March will not count. The hostess
would not like losing the two 60% off items, for one thing, and the guests would lose out on the FREE serrated knife just for placing an order in Feb.

I'm with the rest of you in looking at what is commissionable versus guest sales when the majority is from a past hostess. One of mine came in at $96,
with total sales of $221; and another at $194 but the total in sales was was $272. Those in home office with the responsibility of dreaming up our Bonus
incentives have to be given credit for the bottom line PC has with these deals. I'd like to interject that they see this as an opportunity for us to grow
by increasing our bookings and maybe recruits, not necessarily to increase our
commissions. Perhaps next time around, they could offer the hostess 40% off on two items, and still give us our usual commission. We seem to be the ones who are "paying" for the hostess to get that hugh bonus. Maybe the
hostesses will feel indebted to us, and be more willing to have another show, but I wonder if they will be looking only for the month when they get a similar deal. Let's pray for those who really depend on the commissions. I am thankful that it is not my livelihood.

Most of my hostesses used the 60% off items for cookware too, but I had my biggest month ever, so I can't complain. I am just going to be calling them up again when the cookware goes on sale this year to see if they will book again:)

That is a great idea. Hopefully it will be an insentive month. I don't have much of our cookware so I like the Pan-o-rama. I hope they pair those two specials up!

I had my best month ever. I have over $4k in sales. Dec and early Jan were really slow for me. I didn't evan earn a commisson for the end of Dec and I really could have used it, onone wanted a show or catty show and the ones I did get booked fell through....The spring is looking better for me.

1. Why am I not seeing good sales with the February special?

It is not uncommon to see lower sales during the month of February with the special promotion. This may be due to a variety of factors, such as customers already having purchased items during the holiday season or the focus on Valentine's Day rather than home cooking. It's important to continue promoting the special and offering additional incentives for customers to purchase.

2. What can I do to improve my sales during this time?

Consider offering your own personal promotions or incentives in addition to the February special. This could include a free gift with purchase or a discount on certain products. You could also reach out to past customers and offer them a special discount or host a virtual party to reach a larger audience.

3. Is the February special only beneficial for the host?

The February special does offer a great deal for the host with 60% off two items, but it can also be beneficial for you as a consultant. It may require some extra effort and creativity in promoting the special and offering additional incentives, but it can result in increased sales and future bookings.

4. Should I be concerned about low sales for some of my shows?

While it can be disheartening to see low sales for some shows, it's important to remember that every show and customer is different. Some may have already purchased items during the holiday season, while others may be more focused on the special promotion. Don't let a few low sales discourage you and continue promoting and offering incentives to increase future sales.

5. How have other consultants fared with the February special?

Every consultant's experience with the February special may vary. Some may have seen a significant increase in sales, while others may have experienced lower sales. It's important to focus on your own efforts and strategies to promote the special and not compare yourself to others. Keep working hard and offering incentives to see the best results for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
laurichef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • esavvymom