• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Master Money Saving with Coupon Classes | Grand Opening Party Tips

In summary, the conversation focuses on teaching coupon classes and using a theme of money saving for a Grand Opening party. The speaker plans to explain how meal planning and coupon shopping can save money in the kitchen, while also promoting Pampered Chef products such as the Family Skillet, Deep Covered Baker, and Salad & Berry Spinner. They also share tips on washing and storing produce to make it last longer. The main message is to compare the cost of eating out to cooking at home and to showcase recipes that are inexpensive to make using Pampered Chef products.
KymberlyMcD
I teach coupon classes so I am going to use a theme of Money Saving for my Grand Opening party.

I will briefly explain how meal planning and coupon shopping will help them save money in the kitchen.

That way they can spend more money on PC products :)

Keep it simple - "Saving money with mealtime solutions for around $2 a serving" is different from the whole arena of Money Saving. Keep it focused around Pampered Chef, don't go over to the extreme couponing end of things.

I am not an extreme couponer. I use coupons to save money on my grocery items. I didn't plan on focusing on coupons. I will have a coupon on hand (to give each guest) for an ingredient used in the recipe that I make. Letting them know that the meals made can not only taste delicious but they can be inexpensive to make.

You may also want to talk about the money you save by investing in certain pieces- like the Family (12") Skillet or the Deep Covered Baker (a.k.a. "The magic pot"). Or also the Salad & Berry Spinner. Having these three pieces in my kitchen saves me a ton!The Skillet and DCB - I can make a great meal (MANY meals) in those two items and do it in less time than it takes me to load up the kids and go to a drive-thru or our favorite sit-down restaurants. I know the meal is delicious, and usually healthy ;), plus I don't spend $30 for my family on that one meal! Often I can make the meal for $2-3 per serving, and have LEFTOVERS for another meal or two!The Salad Spinner - when i buy fresh fruit and produce at the grocery store, I wash most of it right away when I get home and put it in containers to use the next several days or coming week. Everything from lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, most berries, and grapes. I know most places tell you NOT to do that, but with the spinner, you are getting rid of 98% of the moisture, so it does NOT go bad!! If I don't wash my produce, I (a) forget about it and it goes bad), or (b) it goes bad way too fast before I can use it. When I do wash it, we can grab and eat as we want through the day without the hassle, and it actually seems ot last LONGER for me in most cases. I put the items in a rubbermaid/glad container or in a ziploc bag - both lined with a dry paper towel. Things like Fresh herbs or celery, I will put a DAMP paper towel around the product- so it can absorb moisture, etc. Those work for me.
For berries (strawberries, blueberries, etc), washing them in 2cups water to 1/4 cup vinegar, swish/sit for 1 minute in the solution, light rinse and hten spin....they last for DAYS with no problem whatsoever. You may need to dump the excess water and spin a 2nd time to get really dry.THOSE are my money saving tips in my kitchen- things I've noticed from using my products. AND they are high-price point items. They are investments into my kitchen, but they have paid for themselves ten-times over or more!!

The big thing to point out is to compare eating at home to eating out. Figure out how much a family of 4 would spend going out to McDonalds (two value meals plus two kids meals is around $20-25) and a sit-down family restaurant (you can spend $60+ for eating out at a restaurant not including appetizers and tip!). Show them how much it actually costs to eat out and then share with them some of our recipes that are $2 per serving. And like Bobbi said - show them the uses of something like the DCB. I always email them the recipe collection that has been going around and tell them at the party that I will send them enough recipes to make a meal each night of the week for a month and they will never make the same thing twice.

Thanks for the tips :)

wadesgirl said:
The big thing to point out is to compare eating at home to eating out. Figure out how much a family of 4 would spend going out to McDonalds (two value meals plus two kids meals is around $20-25) and a sit-down family restaurant (you can spend $60+ for eating out at a restaurant not including appetizers and tip!). Show them how much it actually costs to eat out and then share with them some of our recipes that are $2 per serving. And like Bobbi said - show them the uses of something like the DCB. I always email them the recipe collection that has been going around and tell them at the party that I will send them enough recipes to make a meal each night of the week for a month and they will never make the same thing twice.

I totally agree. Real numbers/dollars talk to people.
I use this example often....
When talking about the dcb and showing the dcb cookbook, I refer people to the recipe for the Family Burrito Bake. Then I say something like "This magic pot will save you tons of money on your meals. Imagine this, you take your family of 6 to Taco Bell. Everyone gets their burritos and such. How much do you spend- $30, $40, $50 ? How about if you made THIS recipe for everyone instead? It is absolutely delicious, feeds all 6 in your family, and costs roughly $7 to make. Now, if you exchange this meal once a month for that family trip to Taco Bell for Mystery Meat Burritos, over the coarse of a year you'll save your family $276-$516 depending upon how much you normally spend at Taco Bell. Imagine what you could do with that money?!! And that's just once a month!..."

1. How can I save money when hosting a Pampered Chef show?

One way to save money is by taking advantage of the Host Rewards program. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on your show's sales. You can also save money by booking a show during a month with a special host offer, such as free shipping or additional product credit.

2. Are there any discounts or promotions available for guests at a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, guests can save money by taking advantage of the monthly guest specials and bundle deals. These promotions offer discounts on select products when purchased together. Additionally, guests can earn free products by hosting their own show or purchasing a certain amount of products.

3. Can I use coupons or promo codes at a Pampered Chef show?

Pampered Chef does not offer coupons or promo codes, but you can save money by taking advantage of the host rewards and guest specials. These offers are exclusive to Pampered Chef and cannot be combined with any other discounts.

4. How can I get the most out of my budget when shopping at a Pampered Chef show?

One way to get the most out of your budget is by purchasing versatile products that can be used for multiple purposes. Pampered Chef offers a variety of multi-functional kitchen tools and cookware that can save you money in the long run. You can also shop during a sale or promotion to get the best value for your money.

5. Are there any tips for hosting a successful and budget-friendly Pampered Chef show?

To host a budget-friendly show, you can invite a group of friends or family members to split the cost of hosting and share the rewards. You can also ask your Pampered Chef consultant for tips on creating a budget-friendly menu using affordable ingredients and utilizing versatile products. Lastly, make sure to take advantage of any host specials and guest promotions to save money while hosting your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • southernmommie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
msmileyface