• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Molten Lava Cakes for Other Than Floral Pan...

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for molten mini chocolate cakes that requires a silicone floral pan. Some people do not have this pan and are asking for alternatives. Suggestions include using a regular muffin pan or small pyrex custard cups. The recipe makes 12 servings and it is suggested to not fill the alternative pans too full. The size of the floral pan is compared to a regular cupcake pan and it is mentioned that one scoop from a large scoop will fill each well.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
I have the recipe, REALLY want to try it, but do not have the pan :( .

... yet! :)

Anyway, what other pan will work? Will a regular muffin pan be OK? It seems as though the wells might be a bit too big (from what I remember, it's been a while since i've seen the SFP. Any ideas?

TIA!

Prep-Bowls
Simple Additions Small Bowls (in microwave)
Coffee & More cups (in microwave)

I use the rice cooker. Also use a dish with a lip if you're serving it hot. I made a big mess using a regular cake dish.

Molten mini choc cake?Oops - maybe I got the wrong name - I was meaning the molten-mini chocolate cakes, the ones made from scratch (with lots of chocolate, eggs and egg yolks etc), not the microwave one with cake mix, pudding and frosting (LOVE that one too though. Mmmmm, chocolate... :) ).

I think the prep-bowls, SA bowls, coffee cups would be too big, wouldn't they?? The floral pan wells seem pretty small, and this seems like a rich dessert (it is supposed to make 12 servings)

Has anyone done this without the floral pan? HELP!

Edit - the recipe on the front of the F/W season's best

Last edited:
Well before I had the prep bowl set, I made Molten Chocolate cakes in my small pyrex custard cups. I think that the prep bowls would be fine, just make sure that you don't fill them too full.

Below is a link to the recipie that I use. i hope that helps.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_17884,00.html

Thanks,
Alexandra

Getting desperate for some chocolate...I don't have the prep bowls, and they seem like they would be too big, compared to the silicone flowers?? The PC recipe makes 12 servings! Does anyone know how big the flowers are? In oz or cups? Can anyone tell me how they compare to a regular muffin pan?! Has anyone made this recipe without using the silicon floral pan?

HELP! I want to try this recipe!! :)

AnnieBee said:
I don't have the prep bowls, and they seem like they would be too big, compared to the silicone flowers?? The PC recipe makes 12 servings! Does anyone know how big the flowers are? In oz or cups? Can anyone tell me how they compare to a regular muffin pan?! Has anyone made this recipe without using the silicon floral pan?

HELP! I want to try this recipe!! :)

Yes, I am curious too as to how large (what capacity) each flower is?? I don't have the pan either and would like to sub something else!

kam said:
Yes, I am curious too as to how large (what capacity) each flower is?? I don't have the pan either and would like to sub something else!

It's the size of a regular cupcake pan, and I fill each well with one scoop from the Large Scoop.

Cathy, thank you so much! Hopefully I'll get a chance to try this recipes soon!

Know I just need the large scoop! (I have the small and medium so far...)

cathyskitchen said:
It's the size of a regular cupcake pan, and I fill each well with one scoop from the Large Scoop.

Thanks! That helps!

Related to Molten Lava Cakes for Other Than Floral Pan...

What is a Molten Lava Cake?

A Molten Lava Cake is a rich and decadent chocolate dessert with a gooey, melted center. It is typically served warm and can be paired with ice cream or fresh fruit.

Can I make a Molten Lava Cake in a pan other than a floral pan?

Yes, you can make a Molten Lava Cake in a variety of pans, such as ramekins, muffin tins, or even a cast iron skillet. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

What ingredients do I need to make a Molten Lava Cake?

The ingredients for a Molten Lava Cake typically include butter, chocolate, eggs, sugar, flour, and optional flavorings such as vanilla extract or espresso powder. You can also add in mix-ins like chopped nuts or chocolate chips for added texture.

How do I know when a Molten Lava Cake is done baking?

A Molten Lava Cake is done baking when the edges are set and the center is still slightly jiggly. You can also use a toothpick to test the center - it should come out with some moist crumbs attached, but not completely clean.

Can I make a Molten Lava Cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the batter for Molten Lava Cakes ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You can also bake the cakes ahead of time and reheat them in the oven before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef.carol
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • LeslieSGI